Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You guys are worse than a bunch of teenage girls.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

You guys are worse than a bunch of teenage girls.

Sep 15, 2014, 12:57 PM

While a large group of detractors over the QB issue are hidden house coots, those of you that truly are Tiger fans are becoming ridiculous.

These coaches are high level staff at one of the top football programs in the nation. There simply is no credence to the supposition that Cole Stoudt nor Adam Humphries are starters simply because they've been there so long.

Being "ready" for football at this level is more than just learning a few plays to the extent that you can execute in games of this magnitude. The reads have to become automatic, the wide receivers in our system are required to know their blocking assignments as well as the routes.

Turning over the reins to rookies against the likes of UGA and FSU is like throwing your child into adulthood before they go from 3 wheels to 2.

Jameis Winston took a redshirt season to learn the system and became comfortable at the level they played before being given control of the QB position.

He ended up with nothing but a Heisman and natty to show for it.

How would that have worked out if he'd been given control before he was ready? How many hits to his confidence would it have taken to break him and result in his never achieving the success he did?

I know its hard for you XBox warriors to understand but QB at Clemson and other top programs around the country is not a job for the unprepared.

Be patient and we'll truly see greatness. Jump the gun and we'll shoot ourselves in the foot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think for the most part we just want to win..

Sep 15, 2014, 1:03 PM

each year we get the daylights beaten out of us by at least one team.tons of great recruiting classes and not to many trophies to show for it.this will prob be the third year in a row we lose to fsu thus losing any shot of playing for the acc title.we won a championship a few years ago but over the past two seasons nothing.i just hope it isnt another 20 years

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think for the most part we just want to win..

Sep 15, 2014, 1:05 PM

If you think the coaches DON'T want to win, and making the decisions that are best for the team TO win, then you're horribly mistaken.

There's no more will to win than on that staff and team. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably isn't happening this year.***

Sep 15, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to i think for the most part we just want to win.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

hey. .I signed up and log in to this site. .

Sep 15, 2014, 1:04 PM

If that isn't enough, I have been watching football on the tv for tens of years and have the espn app on my phone ...

I know waaaaaaaaay more than any coach. If I had free time I would be the head coach at Clemson. I'm just to busy right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You are right

Sep 15, 2014, 1:10 PM

on all points. What these x box coaches don't realize is this system is designed primarily for Stoudt. The blocking assignments etc. are for a pocket passer such as he is. I am sure there is a somewhat different plan when Watson is in the game since he is more adept at running. In time, things will fall into place and the Clemson Offense will be dynamite. I look for improvement at fsu Saturday and I hope that you all do!

Re: You are right

Sep 15, 2014, 1:13 PM

As a former Xbox coach, I can say unequivocally that this offense is NOT designed more for Stoudt.

I'd take the HC job at CLEMSON, but...

Sep 15, 2014, 5:10 PM [ in reply to hey. .I signed up and log in to this site. . ]

I just don't see a lot of room for advancement.

Re: You guys are worse than a bunch of teenage girls.

Sep 15, 2014, 1:08 PM

Its not like we have any say in who starts anyway. It is a frickin' message board. What are we suppose to do agree with everything and each other over and over? It kills time discussing things like this during the week also. Lighten up,change those meter batteries,and have some good hearted discussions about whatever! Personally I will scream as loud as I can for whoever is in the game. I am a Tiger fan not a player fan.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB..

Sep 15, 2014, 1:16 PM

Coming from being a PITT fan to a Tiger fan..we had the same issue back in the Walk Harris days with a local guy named Tyler Palko and a new freshman. Palko was the coach and most of the fan fav since he was a local Pittsburgh guy...took his team to the state championship for two years in a row. This other guy..not a real high stars guy but each time he got in...stood in the pocket and was on target. Fan started to like him because he was cool in the pocket and accurate...coaches loved Palko. The other guy transferred to Delaware...his name was Joe Flacco. Anyone see Palko play yesterday?

Re: QB..

Sep 15, 2014, 1:19 PM

Very nice story,but Stoudt ain't going to the NFL. Not saying Watson will either,but Stoudt definitely not.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 1:19 PM [ in reply to QB.. ]

If Cole had an arm like Flacco's we wouldn't be having this discussion. Doesn't he have one of the best arms in the league other than Cutler?

Sep 15, 2014, 1:49 PM

That was my point...Palko was a back-up in two places but never made. Had Walk Harris played the best QB...who knows had would have happen that year and the years to come. Cole's dad was a terrible QB...he just looks like he is pressing now to prove he deserves to be the starter.

Sep 15, 2014, 1:50 PM

Sorry, I read your analogy backwards. Point taken.

Sep 15, 2014, 2:00 PM [ in reply to QB.. ]

Flacco, a redshirt freshman in 2004, wasn't even the number 2 QB at Pitt until Getsey quit. He was third in the pecking order after redshirting his freshman season.

Palko, a redshirt sophomore, led Pitt to a win at Notre Dame (throwing 5 TD passes) and won the Big East and led them to a BCS bowl.

Flacco that season completed just 1 pass for 11 yds while performing mop-up duty.

Wannstedt got the job and decided Palko was still the #1 guy. The only ones that argued that were Flacco and his father.

If you're going to use an analogy, make it apples to apples. Stoudt is a Senior with 4 years in the system, Watson a true freshman.

Sep 15, 2014, 3:38 PM

Wow..you really did some researching on PITT. Look up and see how many Super Bowl rings Palko has or Getsey...let me know. How is that for mop-up duty. It was very obvious when Flacco went in..he would be a great QB..but you may already knew that.

Sep 15, 2014, 3:52 PM

Nah, I think it would be quicker for you to tell me how many college freshmen QBs there have been that people KNEW they would win a super bowl.

I've always followed PITT a bit since the Dorsett days in the 70s. Remember the situation.

Noone knew what Flacco would be. NOONE argued, at that time, with Wannstedt keeping Palko as the starter.

Not even you.

Flacco has developed into a great QB. In 2004, noone thought he was better than Palko, or Getsey.

Your comparison/analogy doesn't fit.

Sep 15, 2014, 1:26 PM

I'd bet the majority of them are in high school.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean college defenses are different than high school?***

Sep 15, 2014, 2:08 PM

And here's the 40th essay explaining why their opinion makes

Sep 15, 2014, 2:13 PM

them a man and if you have any other opinion you're a coot or an xbox(?) and by arguing your opinion the same way as the people who write these type of post argue theirs you're less informed and aren't a real clemson fan. I'm on the side that cole stoudt should start but come on people grow the f*** up and stop writing essays calling people coots because they don't agree with you. Why would the coots give a ##### who starts for us? As of right now all ive heard out of coots is " I sure hope cole stoudt starts against us" but you ignore them because they're dumbarses, you have your opinion others have theirs, everyone pays the same for tickets, just because you regurgitate what coaches say doesn't mean you're right or know abything more about coaching than the next guy. Just nutup, stand by your opinion and stop whining.

Re: And here's the 40th essay explaining why their opinion makes

Sep 15, 2014, 2:21 PM

^^This^^

Re: And here's the 40th essay explaining why their opinion makes

Sep 15, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to And here's the 40th essay explaining why their opinion makes ]

1st, if you truly feel that the coots aren't poking the flames of this fire, you're either naive as hell or choose to ignore it. They've been doing that here for years, especially when and since TB was fired and Dabo hired

2nd, having played various levels of football I understand the difficulties going from one level to another, adjusting to the speed and flow of the game and learning not to be so gun-shy when I got my teeth knocked down my throat the play previous.

Therefore, the opinion I stated IS my own.

I bet he's still mad Bowden and Napier are gone !***

Sep 15, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to And here's the 40th essay explaining why their opinion makes ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG, NOT!!!***

Sep 15, 2014, 2:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but, but the all world coaches are on T-Net. FACT!!!!!***

Sep 15, 2014, 3:47 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Sep 15, 2014, 4:01 PM

> While a large group of detractors over the QB issue
> are hidden house coots, those of you that truly are
> Tiger fans are becoming ridiculous.
>
> These coaches are high level staff at one of the top
> football programs in the nation. There simply is no
> credence to the supposition that Cole Stoudt nor Adam
> Humphries are starters simply because they've been
> there so long.
>
> Being "ready" for football at this level is more than
> just learning a few plays to the extent that you can
> execute in games of this magnitude. The reads have to
> become automatic, the wide receivers in our system
> are required to know their blocking assignments as
> well as the routes.
>
> Turning over the reins to rookies against the likes
> of UGA and FSU is like throwing your child into
> adulthood before they go from 3 wheels to 2.
>
> Jameis Winston took a redshirt season to learn the
> system and became comfortable at the level they
> played before being given control of the QB
> position.
>
> He ended up with nothing but a Heisman and natty to
> show for it.
>
> How would that have worked out if he'd been given
> control before he was ready? How many hits to his
> confidence would it have taken to break him and
> result in his never achieving the success he did?
>
> I know its hard for you XBox warriors to understand
> but QB at Clemson and other top programs around the
> country is not a job for the unprepared.
>
> Be patient and we'll truly see greatness. Jump the
> gun and we'll shoot ourselves in the foot.

Why is it always the foot? Wth did the foot ever do to deserve always being the body part that one shoots accidently? This must stop.

Sep 15, 2014, 4:07 PM

my apologies to feet everywhere.

Please excuse us. Our bodies are going through changes and high school is tough

Sep 15, 2014, 4:11 PM

Theres so much stress with homework and stuff. Like totally, you know. Who has time for school work when we totally should be at the mall. Ugh. School and parents are like totally lame.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic