Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayer Request for my family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Prayer Request for my family

Dec 21, 2018, 1:27 AM

Hello TNet. It's been a rough past month and a half as my parents have recently separated and we are having a really tough time handling the whole situation. My younger brother (15) has had an especially hard time. I don't want to spill to many details as it is a personal matter. I'm sad, mad, and honestly embarrassed it has come this far but I know God has a plan for us.

If y'all don't mind saying a little prayer for my family it would go a long way and be greatly appreciated.

As always, Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayer Request for my family

Dec 21, 2018, 1:53 AM

Prayers Up Tigersam!!!

I am a product of a separated marriage. I knew mom and dad would split on my 11th bday. They “hung on” until I was 14. I had a younger brother and an older sister.

We all struggled. Each in our own similar yet different ways. It was a gargantuan decision my folks made. We all found our way through it. NEVER was it easy, but we all made it, mom and dad too.

Friends and prayers of those we didn’t even know were our backbone. I will keep you in my prayers.

Love your siblings like you’ve never done before. Love both of your parents, as their world and possibly dreams have been shattered too.

Remember through it all, YOU ARE LOVED!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 2:17 AM

You sound like you have a wise and generous soul

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 2:16 AM

I am praying for you and your younger brother, and for God to give you the strength to lift your brother up in this time of need. I know from my personal experience that you and your brother can get through it together. Thank you for having the courage to reach out for help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got it. My brother is my best friend and go to

Dec 21, 2018, 2:47 AM

Because my parents divorced when I was young. Things felt so uncertain to me, but I always knew my older brother would be there and look out for me. I am grateful for that in my life, and also happy that I can give the same back to him.
Hang in there..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

As you can see from the heartfelt messages from

Dec 21, 2018, 4:47 AM

your friends here on TigerNet, others have faced the same difficulties and yet are able to offer words of encouragement. That is humanity at its finest.

I am always sympathetic to those like yourself, facing such turmoil, and pray that you along with your family will find peace and comfort and remain willing to accept the good graces of others, such as those opening their hearts and souls to you right here.

Peace, my young Friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for your family. Daily prayer helps !***

Dec 21, 2018, 5:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 6:07 AM

Prayers UP! Take Heart, God can work his will in spite of what we choose.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 6:19 AM

Prayers sent! you are correct! God has a plan and everything happens for a reason. Look up for God, look around for your family and friends, and look down on no one!

Dec 21, 2018, 6:20 AM

Done

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 6:27 AM

I am a divorce attorney; hope your folks realize they will be parents forever even if not spouses. Prayers for your entire family. Make sure your brother realizes it is not about him, it is about them. Take care of him. Will be thinking about and praying for you.
Merry Christmas.

Dec 21, 2018, 6:49 AM

Prayers given.

Just know and insure your brother knows, this isn’t about you all, it about their differences. They’ll both always be your parents and always love you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 6:56 AM

Done and done!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent!***

Dec 21, 2018, 7:13 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 21, 2018, 7:14 AM

I am sorry that you are going through this. A verse in the Bible has comforted me in my trials, “the Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble, He cares for those who trust in Him.” God’s promises are real and His mercy new every morning my friend. I am praying for you.

Done - God Bless***

Dec 21, 2018, 7:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

sorry to hear about this pain

Dec 21, 2018, 7:17 AM

I will pray for your family in this dark hour, esp. the 15 y.o. If you don't have family you have nothing

In my prayers

Dec 21, 2018, 7:18 AM

Isaiah 41:13

For I am the Lord your God
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

Dec 21, 2018, 7:22 AM

Don't be embarrassed. You're pretty normal over the long haul. Probably more than half the people on this board grew up in a family where their parents were divorced or they went through their own divorce later in life. Anyway, you'll be fine in a bit. I feel for you man.

Dec 21, 2018, 7:24 AM

Praying for you and your entire family.

I pray for your Mom and Dad.

I pray that you will have the strength and wisdom to lead by example.

Don’t lose heart.

Philippians 4:7

Dec 21, 2018, 7:41 AM

Done. Peace for you and your family

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 7:46 AM

I prayed for God's mercy and grace in a powerful way for you, your brother and parents. I know some amazing stories of friends who were in similar situations to you that drove them to God and His incredible blessings and life. I pray the same for you and your brother.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:29 AM

Ps 27:8-11
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will hold me up.
11 Teach me your way, O Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
NIV

Dec 21, 2018, 8:22 AM

So sorry this is an issue around Christmas and will definitely be praying for you, your brother and your entire family.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:28 AM

I can't help but think of Dabo who tells of sitting in his high school gym as a young teen, crying when his own parents split, not knowing what was to become of his family. So many families have gone through this. Love up on your brother big time, he needs you.
I am saying a prayer for you.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:37 AM

I'm a divorced parent, and I hate it for my kids literally every day. The divorce was not my decision or my doing, but I ended up along for the ride just like my kids.

One thing I can say for certain, the kids bear absolutely zero responsibility. Please don't let you or your brother ever even entertain that thought, much less dwell on it.

So many parents forget that just because they're no longer husband and wife that they're still father and mother and that no matter how bad the marriage was, some incredible kids came from it. It's a hard thing for parents to come to terms with - no longer being spouses but still being parents - and it's a hard line to walk as well, and honestly, many aren't able to find that balance. It's extremely difficult.

If absolutely nothing else, remember that you both have a Father that loves you more than any person ever could, and has done more for you than any person ever can. I'm thankful that my kids have that hope and knowledge. I do my best, but it's nothing compared to what Christ has done for us and for them. Maybe this time of year, instead of thinking about the things you've lost this Christmas, you can dwell on the security, love and strength you have in the person of Jesus.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:49 AM

Great Post o2bnclemson. I went through a similar situation. I will be praying for you and your family. My former spouse and I have become good friends and we now get together for holidays with the kids who are in their 30’s now. And I have been able to help her financially.

I will be praying for you. It’s sounds like you have the best foundation to help you as you move forward.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:48 AM

praying for you! Divorce can be hard on the child(ren). I'm divorced with a seven year old. I'm doing all I can to make this easy on him so his life is normal. Just remember, it's not your fault and sometimes, divorce can be better for the whole family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 8:51 AM

Done. God will get you through this. Prayers from Charleston sent******

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 9:58 AM

Hate to hear this Sam. It is a very difficult process, and sadly I must say that only time will heal the hurt - and even then there are scars that can last a long time. I do take hope that your trust in God will be your strength, not to mention that those involved are your loved ones - and family - and that will and should always be.

One other thought (personal experience) I would like to share is: Remember, to truly forgive someone will bring peace and comfort to the ‘forgiver’. You cannot control what is in another’s heart and mind.

Prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family. God Bless, my friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Prayers said for your family***

Dec 21, 2018, 10:34 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 21, 2018, 10:53 AM

Sending prayers of strength and healing for you and your family.

Dec 21, 2018, 11:01 AM

Absolutely done!

Dec 21, 2018, 5:19 PM

Love and prayers!!!

Dec 21, 2018, 6:00 PM

Prayers for you and your entire family. Coming from a divorced family I know your feelings. It took me a while to come to terms that they, your Mom and Dad, also deserve to be happy. Many parents stay together too long thinking they are doing it for the children, but in reality an unhappy home is not helping either. You never know this separation may help them realize the love they had for each other in the beginning. Regardless of the outcome I hope you and your siblings come together and celebrate Christmas and may the New Year bring hope

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 21, 2018, 7:13 PM

Tigersam --- I've never experienced the problem you are now facing but reading the responses to your request confirms my belief that compassion and love is the innate nature of mankind. Some can relate to your situation in so many ways that are much better than I could do but they do express in words my feelings. I will pray for you and your family that you may find peace and understanding. This is not the end, it's the beginning of a new phase in your life. You see our posts identified by our internet handle but behind each one is the sincerity of genuine concern and support. Hang in there, you have Tiger Nation rooting for you.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 8:27 PM

Pray everyday and God will get you and your siblings through this. I know He did it for Me and my kids years ago and we are all doing good. Prayers up for Y'all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Dec 21, 2018, 9:32 PM

God Bless Sam

Dec 21, 2018, 10:10 PM

It’s a tough one — and some of us have lived through it as adults, teens and kids. There will be more good times ahead despite the current situation. You and your bro stay strong.

Dec 21, 2018, 11:02 PM

Praying for you and your brother, as well as the rest of your family. You are setting a great example for your little brother, and I know he appreciates you being there for him. God bless.

Done ...***

Dec 21, 2018, 11:10 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent. Stay close to your little brother.***

Dec 22, 2018, 3:01 AM

Dec 22, 2018, 3:16 AM

Very sorry to hear this. I am praying for your family. I have been through some very similar times, now I am an old fart who is married with three kiddos of my own. Keep seeking the Lord, keep loving your family, continue to look after your little brother, don’t blame yourself, don’t keep your feelings stuffed inside. May the Lord be with you young man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent. Although your current situation....

Dec 22, 2018, 10:21 AM

...may be difficult, the happiest you will ever be is when you have your own family.

Learn from you parents mistakes and when you are older, make your own, strong, loving family.

Don't let your parents mistakes define you. Choose wisely when you pick your life partner.

Better times are ahead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2018, 10:47 AM

Prayers for you, your brother and your parents. I know it’s hard on y’all, especially this time of year. You two be strong for each other and your parents. I know it’s equally as tough on them. I know because I was in their shoes 30 years ago. Just remember you are loved just as much now as ever. May God lay his hand on your family and bless you all.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic