Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am so delighted to read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I am so delighted to read

Jun 14, 2015, 6:51 AM

One of our few 2016 commitments, Rashaun Gary, was impressed with his visit to Auburn. I have admitted before on TigerNet that I don't understand the nuances of college recruiting but when someone "commits" to your school, that means absolutely nothing! I know they are 17-18 kids and they want to have a full experience in their recruitment process but that process only adds to the "me, me look at me" self centered BS. I sure hope all of the explanations as to why our recruiting for the 2016 cycle is "quiet" are true because if not our fortunes may be changing and not for the good! We cannot lose anymore ground to FSU. Being Clemson, we are already at a huge disadvantage because we aren't and never will be one of darlings of the national media. I am learning to really hate the recruiting process, I really miss when football season was in the fall, a commitment really meant something and loyalty didn't go to the highest bidder! As somebody once said, "I'm too old for this SH!T." Okay, rant over,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rashaun Gary is not committed to Clemson.***

Jun 14, 2015, 7:02 AM

Re: Rashaun Gary is not committed to Clemson.***

Jun 14, 2015, 9:01 AM

Lol! Shows you how little I know about recruiting....sorry for the rant!

Re: I am so delighted to read

Jun 14, 2015, 7:12 AM

Have some coffee. You'll feel better.

I know what you mean, but until they prove otherwise, Dabo and staff have earned my trust and faith. We will continue to attract good players who are good young men from good families. More and more of those are also four-and-five-star recruits, so it's more high profile than ever. And as I always say, when the dust settles you want these young men to end up where they feel at home. Just look at the picture of the Register kid. If he wasn't destined to sign with SC, no one was.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

":Dabo and staff have earned my trust"

Jun 14, 2015, 9:07 AM

'zactly..end of 'dis cussin'.

GoTiguhs!!

Rahshaun Smith is committed to Clemson***

Jun 14, 2015, 7:14 AM

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Jun 14, 2015, 8:13 AM

You are letting the actions of 16,17, and 18 years olds that play a game have waaaaay to much say in your happiness.

Jun 14, 2015, 9:17 AM

You are exactly right! My teenage nieces and nephews can't decide what they want to eat, let alone where to go to college! Good advice.

Some advise - dont go to beach with your wife

Jun 14, 2015, 8:40 AM

or girlfriend...or boyfriend. That will save you some heartache too. hth

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Clemson football is a fun part of our lives

Jun 14, 2015, 9:07 AM

but if it's getting to the point where the actions of teenagers gets to you this much, maybe it's time to re-evaluate some things.

Every big named school has to deal with this sort of thing, and quite frankly, the unknown is what makes this so much fun.

Re: Clemson football is a fun part of our lives

Jun 14, 2015, 9:20 AM

Well, I am never going to re-evaluate enough to push Clemson football out of my life so, I guess I need to just take a chill pill, put my big-boy drawers on and just enjoy! Thanks for you perspective!

Jun 14, 2015, 9:25 AM

Depenz....just sayin'.... ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2015, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson football is a fun part of our lives ]

No problem man. I notice myself getting that way too. When I find myself getting stressed about it I just take a step back and realize this is supposed to be fun. I have too many things to stress about in real life to not enjoy all things Clemson.

Plus we have a #### good coach with an excellent recruiting record, he get's paid handsomely to stress about that so i'll leave it to him!

Jun 14, 2015, 9:37 AM

You may need to treat recruiting like I treated my golf game. When I got out of school and began a career I didn't have much time to play golf. As a result my swing went downhill, and golf began to be more frustrating than fun. At that point I decided I needed to either make the effort to play more and become competent again. or just quit golf.

In your case, I believe that if you were more knowledgeable about recruiting, you would not be as upset because you would understand that the Clemson staff is as good or better than any staff in the country in that regard. Likewise, if you just quit following it altogether you would have nothing to be upset about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So are you a scratch golfer or

Jun 14, 2015, 9:53 AM

Did you quit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, the latter.***

Jun 14, 2015, 10:36 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I am so delighted to read ]

Good words surf cat, thanks!

You got a job and your golf game went downhill?

Jun 14, 2015, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I am so delighted to read ]

You must work in the golf business huh? ;)

Jun 14, 2015, 10:42 AM

Yeah "Commitment" in football recruiting mostly means this is who I would sign my LOI with if I could do so "today". Until february it is still a pursuit.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic