Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would NASCAR survive if Dale Jr could not race anymore?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,192

Would NASCAR survive if Dale Jr could not race anymore?

Sep 2, 2016, 1:25 PM

I don't think this concussion thing is going away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would NASCAR survive if Dale Jr could not race anymore?

Sep 2, 2016, 1:33 PM

I don't think we will ever see him in a car again at this point. He has a history of concussions and honesty he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. I was happy Harvick got himself a championship and hoped Jr would get one as well though. Gordon (as much as I hate him even now) "retired", Stewart retiring this year, and the two I mentioned previously leaves I think Kenseth as the senior driver.

So sad to see how Brian France has run a once great sport into the ground.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't know much about NASCAR do you?***

Sep 2, 2016, 1:42 PM

Re: You don't know much about NASCAR do you?***

Sep 2, 2016, 1:45 PM

Lol...why would he have to? Anyone that takes an 3/4 of a season off for concussion protocol problems doesn't bode well. That's not a NASCAR thing, any sport would have similar concerns about said person never returning. It's obviously very serious at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would NASCAR survive if Dale Jr could not race anymore?

Sep 2, 2016, 1:43 PM

Was just talking to someone about this. NASCAR without Gordon, Jr. and Tony all in 24 months is what I'm thinking is coming. Talk about taking a hit to your fan base. Ouch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NASCAR is on life support as it is...

Sep 2, 2016, 2:27 PM

I grew up watching every race and staying the weekend in Charlotte twice a year, back when it was real racing and they still cared about the fanbase that made the sport what it was. NASCAR has lost all of its appeal to me at this point, 99% of the true talent stays on dirt while guys like the Dillon brothers are touted as the next "stars" of the sport when they wouldn't have even been competitive without an unlimited budget in the smaller series...

Ya'll want to see NASCAR look like it used to? Open up the rule book and let them do whatever they want to under the hood, but make them race on 8" wide tires then you'll find out who can really drive and it will be fun to watch.

Re: NASCAR is on life support as it is...

Sep 2, 2016, 3:20 PM

It really has gotten too "sanitized" for want of a better word. All about the corporate sponsorships more so than the racing. That, and the fact the cars do not resemble real street cars in any sense of the word anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does Dale Jr really race ?

Sep 2, 2016, 6:08 PM

he just rides around in circles picking up "Favorite most popular driver"

he does win on the plate tracks -- but we all know that's rigged anyway .....

null

NASCAR died years ago.

Sep 2, 2016, 6:21 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

in a word, no...unless an awesome

Sep 2, 2016, 6:31 PM

Redneck emerged

Re: in a word, no...unless an awesome

Sep 2, 2016, 7:24 PM

Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott, Brad k. and kyle bush are the new faces of Nascar and it will rebound. In a few years there will be one of the king's grandson involved in racing. I do think they have to find a way to let them race and not just ride around for 500 hundred miles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in a word, no...unless an awesome

Sep 2, 2016, 8:19 PM

Is NASCAR still on TV?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,192
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic