Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for the Leggett Crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Question for the Leggett Crowd

Jun 8, 2014, 6:30 PM

How much more does Clemson baseball have to slide before we need to change coaches? Lost to UConn in 2011 regional at home;lost in regionals at Columbia in 2012 and 2013;lost 2 straight at Vandy this year. Not only have we not gone to Omaha in last 4 years,haven't even been to super regional. We have been abused by USC,UNC,UVA,and FSU. I will never pull against my alma mater. I have always been a huge Tiger fan and always will be. My brother,son,and daughter are all Clemson grads. I am a retired public school coach and administrator. I am just very disappointed in the path our program has taken,and don't think Leggett will turn this around. Would like to hear some rational thoughts about a revival under the present staff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd

Jun 8, 2014, 6:36 PM

the facts mean NOTHING to the jack is GREAT crowd!!we will keep going DOWN until he is gone!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 6:38 PM

You started this thread once already today. Give it a rest please.

We all understand your position on the baseball program. But we don't need to hear it every half hour when you feel the need to whine again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 6:39 PM

yep i believe we all know ramrod and litefoots position on the matter.

Jun 8, 2014, 6:44 PM

I'm tired of hearing it already. They're entitled to am opinion, but could learn when to leave it alone. He's staying, dead issue.

Sorry they didn't get their way. So I guess now they're going to clutter the board with this crap to make themselves feel better. It's stupid.

Jun 8, 2014, 6:46 PM

what is even more amazing is some of these goobers would rather our kids lose just so they can get rid of a coach. sad really.

Re: I don't believe that.***

Jun 8, 2014, 7:33 PM

Re: I wanted his butt gone, too, but will be pulling for him

Jun 8, 2014, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

to win if the decision has been made to keep him. It will not effect the price of eggs, in China, as far as I am concerned---only Clemson baseball.

Re: I wanted his butt gone, too, but will be pulling for him

Jun 8, 2014, 7:31 PM

and your decision to pull for him will not change anything, price of eggs in China or win/loss record (unless you think the fans control the universe).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope, I don't think fans control it nor do I think

Jun 8, 2014, 7:44 PM

sports control the university.. That is why Rad gets paid the big busks. His butt is in the sling and he had better hope that he makes the right decisions.

So now the new AD's head is on the block? Mercy!!

Jun 8, 2014, 7:56 PM

Some people would like to fire someone everyday.

Re:You read a lot into a post.***

Jun 8, 2014, 8:04 PM

Maybe you didn't read your post, especially the last

Jun 8, 2014, 8:07 PM

sentence. BTW, nobody on an internet board is going to fire anyone at Clemson.

Re: Nope, I don't think fans control it nor do I think

Jun 8, 2014, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Nope, I don't think fans control it nor do I think ]

smh. figured out where your handle came from. has to be the size of your brain. lol

Re:Yeah Goober, like everyone should take your advise on

Jun 8, 2014, 8:03 PM

everything. You could put your brain in a hummingbird and he would kiss a
horse's ### thinking it was a sunflower.

Jun 8, 2014, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

All I am asking for is a reasonable attempt to explain how the present staff will correct the abysmal fundamentals and pitiful play against our biggest foes. Can you give any reasons for hope?

Why, because you would listen to them if we did.

Jun 8, 2014, 6:47 PM

I personally don't care if you're right or wrong on the issue. I just want you to shut up about it.

Re: Why, because you would listen to them if we did.

Jun 8, 2014, 7:30 PM

It's a fair question . I know Jack is going to be back but the ACC records and Scar records over the last 5 years don't lie. For you Leggett cultists, how do you explain the slide? At least don't you agree that this program is going in the wrong direction? Your hero said in an interview that there is nothing wrong with this program. How can he fix his own blindness? It looks like no assistant coach is losing their job. How can problems be fixed when the same poor coaches are still coaching these kids? The fundamentals on this team were horrible . That's poor coaching. All you Leggett supporters are just like the Tommy Bowden cult. Support the man but ignore the facts.

Re: Better yet, if you don't like what he has to say, just

Jun 8, 2014, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Why, because you would listen to them if we did. ]

ignore his postings.

You do realize you don't have to read every post correct?

Jun 9, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Why, because you would listen to them if we did. ]

You may hate it, but he can post whatever he wants. You however do not have to click on it.

Jun 8, 2014, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

You're probably not a complete fool so don't act like one. You have certainly read the opinions of Deroberts and other who support this program. Almost everyone who defends Jack points at the disparity in resources allocated to baseball by our closest rivals and by Clemson University. You obviously choose to devalue these things and believe that the $36 million investment South Carolina made in baseball was just coincidence. Ray made his players play "loose" and Jack made his play "tight." I just can't figure out why Ray chose to play tight for 5 years before getting all that money - since everything is on the coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 7:05 PM

people forget that ray the great was almost fired before they built the taj mahal down there. augie at texas has been down awhile and now they are back in omaha. i have never defended jack per se. there are plenty of things he can improve on. getting rid of riginos was one thing. but he sure as hell hasnt forgot how to coach. it is just some of the things you read on this board are such bs it is beyond laughable. if they got rid of jack tomorrow i would support the next guy. but, if he makes a few changes and gets help from our administration good thongs will happen. recruiting sure has improved. the new facilities will only help.

Re: I have more problems with his recruiting than coaching,

Jun 8, 2014, 7:26 PM

not that it can't be improved on. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Jun 9, 2014, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

The facilities excuse is BS plain and simple. Facilities have jack #### to do with #### poor fundamentals. That is coaching.

One Championship in 20 years and blaming facilities good lord... Also our recruiting is fine if our facilities were as bad as you apologist excuse making losers made them out to be that wouldn't be the case.

Every stat that people show you that shows a decline starting a decade ago you ignore it's a joke how you people refuse to look at unbiased data and pull for a man as if he is bigger than Clemson.

null

Jun 9, 2014, 7:29 AM

Exactly ! It's about the man and not the state of the program. The Leggett cultists have to ignore the facts and have no tangible argument for Jack to keep his job. Drad is just as bad in ignoring the facts. No staff changes either! Incrediblely stupid !

Jun 9, 2014, 7:32 AM

and you know there will be no staff changes how. pretty obvious to me there will be changes or we will have a new coach.

Jun 9, 2014, 8:03 AM

If changes were coming I would have thought they would have been made already. Why would they wait? Pep and Lecroy have been out recruiting.

Jun 9, 2014, 8:08 AM

my understanding is only lecroy has been on the road.

Jun 9, 2014, 8:12 AM

Not correct.

Jun 9, 2014, 8:17 AM

well please tell me more since i have no contacts.

Jun 9, 2014, 8:59 AM

According to the very biased The Clemson(Leggett)Insider, there will be no staff changes. This team had the poorest fundamentals in a long time. How can you Leggett apologists expect improvement when there are no changes ?

Jun 9, 2014, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

According to the very biased The Clemson(Leggett)Insider, there will be no staff changes. This team had the poorest fundamentals in a long time. How can you Leggett apologists expect improvement when there are no changes ?

Jun 9, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

Not questioning your contact,just telling you a fact. As I said; if changes were to be made I would have thought they would have made them already. As someone who does respect what you say I was asking you what would be the benefit for Clemson to wait if changes are pending as you have implied in a few of your posts.

Jun 9, 2014, 9:29 AM

dont know for sure changes will be made. just cant see any reason that there will not be. i could see them trying to find pep another job rather than just telling him he is fired. there could be many things going on behind the scene that no one, not even the morons on this board could possibly know about.

Jun 9, 2014, 10:05 AM

Thanks. Just pickin your brain.

You do realize

Jun 8, 2014, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

That if you got the best or the worst possible answer to your question it doesn't matter. Leggett is by all accounts going to be back next season. Nothing said on a web forum is going to change that. Now perhaps you have nothing better to do than predict failure for a team (you say you support) 8 months before they play their first game. Get over it and support the Tigers or move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clap, clap, clap!!!!***

Jun 8, 2014, 8:03 PM

I support our Tigers, but I can already hear pro-Leggett

Jun 8, 2014, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

supporters blaming those that did NOT support Leggett for any team shortcomings.

The only way we all 'win' is if our Tigers miraculously put on a show next season...

Re: Nope and never will.***

Jun 8, 2014, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

I'm part of The Clemson Crowd.

Jun 8, 2014, 6:48 PM

i'M not happy, BUT I'LL STILL SUPPORT CLEMSON BASEBALL.

There is very little I can do.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I know how you feel.***

Jun 8, 2014, 7:18 PM

Jun 8, 2014, 6:55 PM

But but but, a poster said on here yesterday that Ole Miss has great facilities, and 10k fans at all there home games, and that Ole Miss has never been to a CWS. I'm thinking that he was saying that if Ole Miss fans can be OK with mediocrity from their baseball. We should be happy with Jack and the direction of our program b/c he has taken us to the CWS. But honestly, I'm not happy at all with how our BB program has been the past 4 years. And a mediocre BB team for me personally is just unacceptable, and hopefully its unacceptable to the majority of our Clemson fan base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 7:17 PM

My rational thoughts begin with a question;How much longer does Jack have on his contract?
I have heard two years,but don't know if this means this year and next or thru 2015.Personally speaking I think Dan Radokovich needs to make it clear to Jack that anything short of Omaha is not acceptable.
I would not renew his contract,hoping he would take a hint and bow out gracefully when the contract expires.
I do not think,imo,that Radokovich will fire Jack,and personally,I would hate to see that for Jack,the program and the University.
I would ,howver start a search for a new coach with one year remaining on the contract.And I think I would go outside the current staff.
A fresh start is,again imo,needed.
Look,we all know Jack is a hall of fame coach,but currently he has done nothing to justy that position.
You can't go on past performances,or even overall record.
Clemson deserves to have a great program,but lately it hasn't even been good.

Re: If the AD does not already have 3 or 4, in mind, then he

Jun 8, 2014, 7:21 PM

is not doing his job. You can never tell what will happen. I have no problem with cutting bait at times.

Jun 9, 2014, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the Leggett Crowd ]

That all depends on how you are using lately in you last sentence. Lately like in this past season. Or lately like in we have SUCKED for the last 4 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 9:45 PM

dang guys - I tried to warn you guys early on - Jack ain't going nowhere. It is the CLEMSON way. Why can you still not see it even after people explain how it works??? Jack is good enough that he will NOT be fired, so get the heck over it already and move on. The sun will shine tomorrow or the next day.

btw: It is now FOOTBALL season - so let's focus on what is really important. Oh yeah - CLEMSON is a FOOTBALL school. PERIOD. HTH.

fire DRad***

Jun 8, 2014, 11:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic