Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden Tuesday Press Conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Sep 25, 2007, 11:43 AM

Clemson's head coach met with the media Tuesday to discuss the upcoming game with Georgia Tech. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"- No plans to redshirt Korn." How could we anyway?***

Sep 25, 2007, 12:34 PM

I don't know the exact rules, but we could 'Smelley' him.

Sep 25, 2007, 12:51 PM

Also, if he redshirts, it affects our recruitment of other QB's, i.e., Kyle Parker.

I am sure if redshirting Korn were not a viable choice by rules, TB would point that out, just so he wouldn't have to answer the question anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

< 20% of the season played = medical redshirt, maybe similar

Sep 25, 2007, 12:56 PM [ in reply to "- No plans to redshirt Korn." How could we anyway?*** ]

for regular redshirts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: < 20% of the season played = medical redshirt, maybe similar

Sep 25, 2007, 9:50 PM

yeah u can redshirt with only 20 percent of the season gone and little playing time ,, if u want.

Re: < 20% of the season played = medical redshirt, maybe similar

Sep 27, 2007, 2:59 AM

Yes we should Red shirt him , I would not be surprised if he's not thinking of transferring to team that needs him now. We have to be careful in handling this situation I mean with his talent , he could play as an freshman anywhere. I'm only saying if it were my son ,or myself I would be looking at if Harper continues to have good season how likely would it be for Clemson to play him in front of Harper next year , and no Player w/ his rating out of High school will or would sit on sideline and watch. If I were Coach on this team I would be talking to Korn about redshirting for the possibilities of having 4 more College years , Plus I would bring to him is for now Harper has starting role and he is a Jr. , but if he were to flounder by years end give him (Korn)the thought of taking over next year w/4 years left, talk up the recruiting of top recievers,runningbacks ,Offensive line let him know that Clemson is committed to having top atheletes in those positions w/ him QB'ing them, also talk it up of him learning college speed, and the pluses of being around this offense and coaches. Sorry to long wind you but my Sons and myself have already been worrying about this situation , with his ability at the controls you could bring in some of the best recruits in the country. We (Clemson) needs to already be working on this, develop 3rd QB if injury or other arise this season, but with his credentials in high school and what we've seen of him at Orange & White and the few open practices and few plays he has ran , I think we have ourselves a true HEISMAN prospect,with that all being said the recruiting around him even on defense could/would be awesome. I coach football down in Atlanta area Gwinnett so I know a little about this subject. I am not talking about trashing or not worrying about this season, always play for today, but, when you get a GEM make good plans for investing in future (near). GO! CU TIGERS
Thanks Mark M. Smith Sr. 13

You could redshirt him NEXT year... ala Yousef (Keith)Kelly.***

Sep 25, 2007, 1:35 PM [ in reply to "- No plans to redshirt Korn." How could we anyway?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "- No plans to redshirt Korn." How could we anyway?***

Sep 26, 2007, 2:30 PM [ in reply to "- No plans to redshirt Korn." How could we anyway?*** ]

Would be nice, Cullen is playing lights out and he has another year

bummer...he didn't go "Mike Gundy" on any reporter....***

Sep 25, 2007, 1:10 PM

By the way, anyone who actually reads through a Bowden

Sep 25, 2007, 1:37 PM

press conference and doesn't figure out by the end that the man knows some ###### football has to have some kind of reading issue. I'm always impressed in his press conferences and in the occasional radio interview that the man has a DEEP understanding of game mechanics. He'll just throw out little bits that I never hear other coaches talking about. How do you attack Georgia Tech? Listen to Bowden and you actually get something other than the platitudes other coaches give in press conferences.

I like how when he's questioned about 2006; he's taking all

Sep 26, 2007, 8:54 AM

the blame. It obviously wasn't all his fault but I like the fact he's taking responsibility and not mentioning a word about his players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy Bowden Tuesday Press Conference

Sep 25, 2007, 8:44 PM

Red Shirt eligible 6 quarters or less prior to 4th game.

Re: Tommy Bowden Tuesday Press Conference

Sep 25, 2007, 8:47 PM

Red Shirt eligible 6 quarters or less prior to 4th game.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic