Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought you had to be good and lucky in order to win a NC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 2,559

I thought you had to be good and lucky in order to win a NC.

Jun 19, 2017, 2:30 PM

I don't remember a single instance where we were lucky. From my vantage point, it was all us being good.

I've gone back and re-watched every game, so I know what I'm talking about.

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You could argue that we were lucky South Carolina

Jun 19, 2017, 2:38 PM

Didn't realize they were almost as good as us until after the game. If you realize that and then go back and watch the game it looks different. And Ohio State, what if they would have played better? Or realized that they weren't playing Michigan? Luck is all that got us through I'm afraid. HTH.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would staying healthy at key positions not fall into the luck category?

Jun 19, 2017, 2:47 PM

Mike Williams injury was a freak accident 2 yrs ago.. it doesn't take much to lose someone for the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Have you ever thought about writing for Tigernet? This is

Jun 19, 2017, 2:49 PM

the kind of sound reasoning sprinkled with some good old fashioned folksy wisdom that people love.
I'll get Exitsu to talk with Crump.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

He could take over the Friday mailbag since Mackey seems

Jun 19, 2017, 2:51 PM

to have the disappear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

The pay may not be good enough.

Jun 19, 2017, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Have you ever thought about writing for Tigernet? This is ]

I heard Tnetting is grueling work.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

We were a little lucky on that kick against NCSU

Jun 19, 2017, 2:51 PM

but for how many times that game we turned it over on unlucky plays, you'd have to say that game is one we should have won by 14+.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say we were decidedly unlucky in that game...

Jun 19, 2017, 2:52 PM

So we had to rely even more on being good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

We staill haven't forgotten their dbag coach

Jun 19, 2017, 2:54 PM

bragging about hurting Wayne Train. I hope we hang 70 on them this year.

They will be lucky if we don't.***

Jun 19, 2017, 2:55 PM

Re: They will be lucky if we don't.***

Jun 19, 2017, 3:16 PM

Their defense returned most of their studs. That might be a defensive game this year.

Re: We were a little lucky on that kick against NCSU

Jun 19, 2017, 2:56 PM [ in reply to We were a little lucky on that kick against NCSU ]

I agree but I also believe that if NCSU made that kick, we wouldn't have lost to Pitt. The focus the team showed after the Pitt game would have been shown after the NCSU game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2017, 8:33 PM

I agree 100%

I think the Tigers win the Pitt game by at least 2 scores if N.C. State would have pulled it out!

"Prosperity is a bad teacher!!!"

Jun 19, 2017, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We were a little lucky on that kick against NCSU ]

I agree 100%

I think the Tigers win the Pitt game by at least 2 scores if N.C. State would have pulled it out!

"Prosperity is a bad teacher!!!"

Jun 19, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to We were a little lucky on that kick against NCSU ]

NCSU had at least one penalty not called on that play (chop block at the line of scrimmage), also Jadar was skying up the middle with guns a blazing on the edge. Looked like the better team won that play, to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had that kick been straight on

Jun 21, 2017, 8:08 AM [ in reply to We were a little lucky on that kick against NCSU ]

we would have blocked it. Go back and watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Have you seen the last play of the NC game? Pure luck. I bet someone somewhere

Jun 19, 2017, 2:54 PM

Has theat on a highlight reel. Maybe if we wrote a letter to the ESPN tech department we could get a tape of it. That way we could rewind and watch, rewind and watch over and over again. And by we I mean you and someone else.

Last play was an INT in the end zone

Jun 19, 2017, 2:56 PM

We played the ball well. That wasn't luck.

My bad, I thought you meant NC state game***

Jun 19, 2017, 2:58 PM

No prob***

Jun 19, 2017, 3:00 PM

If you two ladies are through swinging purses maybe we can

Jun 19, 2017, 3:07 PM

get back on topic?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'd like to see the size of your purse, pigs please!***

Jun 19, 2017, 7:06 PM

OUCH!!

Jun 21, 2017, 7:31 AM [ in reply to If you two ladies are through swinging purses maybe we can ]

(getting hit by a purse, that is, not your mean comment...)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

by nc I meant national champ not nc state

Jun 19, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Last play was an INT in the end zone ]

No that was Marcus Edmond taking care of bizness.

Re: Have you seen the last play of the NC game? Pure luck. I bet someone somewhere

Jun 19, 2017, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the last play of the NC game? Pure luck. I bet someone somewhere ]

Yep, our Tigers were lucky for 99 plays in the NC ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

99 O plays I thought but

Jun 19, 2017, 4:05 PM

Recently Listening to some radio post game chats it appears we only ran 88.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fear your sarcasm is not received well here.***

Jun 19, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the last play of the NC game? Pure luck. I bet someone somewhere ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huh? it was a kneel-down

Jun 19, 2017, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the last play of the NC game? Pure luck. I bet someone somewhere ]

and it was on 1st down. Bet we could have run that play 2 or 3 more times without fumbling if we needed to.

We probably had a fair share of luck which ran both ways.

Jun 19, 2017, 3:19 PM

Throughout the regular season Dabo held our offense in check by disallowing killer plays. He'd establish a rhythm then bust it up with substitutions and plays which forced people to stretch their abilities.

Imo, the other teams should be proud they were luck enough to be on our schedule. Had we been struggling to win games all year instead of preparing for a national championship we would have pounded the dog snot out of everyone. We have more talent that any two teams we faced until the playoff final.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought you had to be good and lucky in order to win a NC.

Jun 19, 2017, 4:07 PM

^^^hasn't gotten lucky

I'm not very good either.***

Jun 19, 2017, 4:12 PM

Re: I'm not very good either.***

Jun 19, 2017, 4:25 PM

RT didn't have any complaints, and no that's not considered getting lucky.

My, YOU have stirred up QUITE the contoversy, Francis...

Jun 21, 2017, 7:34 AM

...I HOPE you are proud of yourself?!

(I know balm is - prolly has the jealous, too...)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 32
| visibility 2,559
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic