Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: What happens on Dec. 12?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Poll: What happens on Dec. 12?

Dec 5, 2017, 8:56 AM

Roy Moore wins? Yes or no. Feel free to add why. Or don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yes. Too red for him not to.***

Dec 5, 2017, 8:58 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I were an Alabaman, Judge Moore and his campaign's

Dec 5, 2017, 10:38 AM

reaction to the accusations might be more likely to influence my vote than the accusations themselves, for one simple reason. I don't know if the women's allegations are true, but I do know for a fact about his reaction, because I heard and saw it with my own eyes.

I would like to have heard the Judge defend himself, without "attacking back" at accusers, media, and everyone else.

But, I can't say whether or not I would vote for him. It depends on more than if I just lived in Alabama. How well do I think I know him, based on my observations of his life and career, that would help me to decide whether I judge the accusations to be true? As a South Carolinian who had never heard of Roy Moore until a month ago, I have no observations about him that tell me anything about whether I think he would commit these crimes. If I were an Alabaman, I probably would some such observations.

Re: If I were an Alabaman, Judge Moore and his campaign's

Dec 5, 2017, 12:11 PM

Is this your position after having read the actual statements of the alleged victims?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

He said he won't read them because they may not be true.

Dec 5, 2017, 12:55 PM

and he doesn't want to unfairly bias himself against the man. I think I have that correct. Perhaps he can confirm or clarify.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's silly. He should listen to both sides.

Dec 5, 2017, 12:58 PM

He's reasonable enough that he'll see who's lying.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

What?!

Dec 5, 2017, 1:21 PM [ in reply to He said he won't read them because they may not be true. ]

I'm sorry, I did not come close to saying anything of the sort.

Yes, of course, I would read every single word, very closely, of every allegation, and then compare that with my previous observations of the man, and judge how to deal with them.

I wouldn't say I have a position

Dec 5, 2017, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: If I were an Alabaman, Judge Moore and his campaign's ]

except the position of interested observer. That was kind of the point of my post, to talk about the things I would consider if I did need to take a position for or against.

Re: I wouldn't say I have a position

Dec 5, 2017, 2:28 PM

You said:

I don't know if the women's allegations are true, but I do know for a fact about his reaction, because I heard and saw it with my own eyes.

This suggests that you saw his reaction but not the allegations.

- Jonathan Swift

No, it doesn't suggest that at all.***

Dec 5, 2017, 2:41 PM

How is not knowing if something is true...

Dec 5, 2017, 2:43 PM

Suggest I haven't read anything about it?

The only people who know if it is true are Moore, the women making the allegations, and God. And plenty of other people have read about it.

Let's clarify things this way.

Dec 5, 2017, 3:03 PM

Did you read or hear any statement by any alleged victim?

- Jonathan Swift

Yes, of course.***

Dec 5, 2017, 3:14 PM

Then I'm wrong and I retract all statements on the topic.***

Dec 5, 2017, 4:11 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Poll: What happens on Dec. 12?

Dec 5, 2017, 9:00 AM

Yes because people are awful.

- Jonathan Swift

Moore wins. Who believes women? Apparently not even other ..

Dec 5, 2017, 9:51 AM

women. Or at least enough other women.

Girls walking around shopping malls in their seductive clothes ... what was a 30 + year old District Attorney supposed to do? Girls got what they were asking for.

Roy is a good Christian man. He’s never mollested or raped anyone I know.

All these stories are made up by the fake yankee media and them gays, lesbians and other weirdos.

He ain’t no liberal Democrat so I don’t care what he did to girls or women.

All those women are liars being paid for by Washington insiders. Drain the swamp.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A pedophile becomes the face of the Republican Senate.

Dec 5, 2017, 10:06 AM

The House has The Hastert Rule, named after another infamous Republican pedophile. Wonder what the Senate can do to top it?

Hastert, Moore and Trump. The Republican Trifecta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^eye roll^***

Dec 5, 2017, 10:41 AM

Oh, forgot to mention that the mall had banned Moore.

Dec 5, 2017, 10:43 AM

I bet the mall is lying, too.

- Jonathan Swift

I'm not rolling my eyes about if Moore is guilty or not...

Dec 5, 2017, 12:15 PM

I'm rolling my eyes that he becomes "the face of the GOP Senate". That's a stupid comment...especially when they have stated that if he's elected that there will be an ethics inquiry. Unless Conyers and Frankin are not the faces of the Dem party.

You can't say political perv without slick willy clinton

Dec 5, 2017, 12:27 PM

sitting at the head of the class.

McConnell has backed off the ethics inquiry that you

Dec 5, 2017, 12:30 PM [ in reply to I'm not rolling my eyes about if Moore is guilty or not... ]

are basing your position on.

He has?...Isn't this his latest statement....

Dec 5, 2017, 12:35 PM

“We’re going to let the people of Alabama decide, a week from Tuesday, who they want to send to the Senate, and then will address the matter appropriately,” McConnell, R-Ky., said on ABC's "This Week." McConnell was asked whether Moore should be referred to the Senate ethics committee if he wins the upcoming special election in Alabama.

"I have already said in the past that I thought this was a matter that would have to be considered by the committee," he said. "Ultimately, it would be up to them to make that decision. And they'll make it, depending upon whether Judge Moore ends up coming to the Senate."

That's from 2 days ago. Has he said something else since?

That is what I am referring to. After saying less than a

Dec 5, 2017, 12:54 PM

a month ago: “Roy Moore should step aside, the women who’ve come forward are entirely credible,” McConnell said at a press conference on Nov. 14 about women who have made accusations against Moore. “He’s obviously not fit to be in the United States Senate, and we’ve looked at all the options to try to prevent that from happening.” He committed to launching an ethics investigation "immediately" upon Moore being seated in the Senate.

Now watch him walk that back beginning at the 9:29 mark and no more commitment to an ethics inquiry. No more calls for him to step aside. http://kticradio.com/abc_politics/republican-senate-majority-leader-mitch-mcconnell-steps-back-roy-moore-criticism-abcid36004928/

As predicted, Republicans will stick by their man because they need his vote.

I don't think he can personally launch an investigation...

Dec 5, 2017, 3:52 PM

it has to come from the committee.

If you think his recent statement is backtracking away from an investigation, then I think you're really reaching.

I suspect most of the GOP Senators don't want him there. I agree they need the vote, but if they kick him out of the Senate, or force a resignation, then the GOP Gov of AL will appoint another Republican to the office. They don't need HIM specifically for the vote.

My initial expectation is they knew their best chance

Dec 5, 2017, 5:11 PM

was to allow him to remain in the race, but allow the gov to replace him with another Repub, but I don't think they'll do that any more.

They may slap him on the wrist if they do anything, but the "outrage" of the majority leader and those on the right seems to have subsided. They know the base won't be pleased if they do.

I don't think that's the case. When your race is tight...

Dec 5, 2017, 9:01 PM

as an R in Alabama, it's a pretty good sign you won't have much national support from the "base".

Yes and not that close.

Dec 5, 2017, 10:52 AM

They don't want a liberal and that is more important to them than what Moore did many decades ago.

Re: Yes and not that close.

Dec 5, 2017, 2:05 PM

You do realize there is no proof he did anything, right?

As an Alabama native, we yellowhammers find it very peculiar that after almost 40 years of public service in the highest levels of government in the state of Alabama, these allegations never came to light until now.

Anyone wth a brain who knows all of the details...

Dec 5, 2017, 4:17 PM

thinks he did something 40 years ago. The reason it is coming out now is because they don't want him in the Senate. That part is a given.

Re: Anyone wth a brain who knows all of the details...

Dec 5, 2017, 5:03 PM

I lived in Alabama for 20 years. No where was this any sort of "common knowledge". This is the first any Bama native has heard of this, and 99% of Bama natives are laughing this off as yet Moor another sham libel story drummed up by the opposition to stop the republican machine.

Roy Moore has the support of the state and he will get elected.

You need mental help apparently.*****

Dec 5, 2017, 8:54 PM

Ten days ago, I would've said no. But with GOP money

Dec 5, 2017, 12:07 PM

back in the race, I fear it is inevitable. Roy Moore is a $hit stain on the dirty window of Alabama politics and he will only muck things up worse. This is a man who was wife-shopping teenagers when he was in his 30s, looking for girls from poorer families or broken homes...not out of the goodness of his heart to try and help them, but to date them and have sex with them. It was an openly known fact about him in Gadsden, yet no one felt they had the authority to tell him to stop. So when a women comes forward and says she was molested by him when she was 14, I choose to believe her. Did he invite her into his home, introduce her to his family, cook dinner for her? No, he drove her to his hunt camp in the woods, which was a trailer, and took advantage of her where no one could see.

This is the type of man that the GOP is supporting...and it is absolutely disgusting. I live in Alabama and I will absolutely not vote for him.

Re: Ten days ago, I would've said no. But with GOP money

Dec 5, 2017, 3:37 PM

I would love to see proof instead of anonymous allegations.

These ladies are not anonymous

Dec 5, 2017, 5:02 PM

Leigh Corfman

The allegations: Leigh Corfman told the Washington Post that she met Moore in 1979 when she was just 14 years old. The then-district attorney offered to watch Corfman while her mother attended a custody hearing, she said, and he asked for her phone number when he was alone with her. Corfman said that days later, Moore drove her to his house and kissed her. During a second encounter, he allegedly took off her shirt and pants and touched her over her underwear and led her hands to touch him over his underwear. “I wanted it over with,” Corfman told the Post.

Wendy Miller

The allegations: Wendy Miller told the Post that she met Moore when she was 14 and working at Gadsden Mall. She claimed that Moore asked her out on dates when she was 16, but her mother forbid her from going out with Moore. Miller said that she was flattered at the time. “Now that I’ve gotten older, the idea that a grown man would want to take out a teenager, that’s disgusting to me,” she told the Post.

Debbie Wesson Gibson

The allegations: Debbie Wesson Gibson told the Post that Moore first asked her out in 1981, when she was 17, after he had spoken to her high school civics class. She said that they went on several dates over a period of two to three months, but they never did anything more than kiss. She said her mother approved of her going out with Moore.

Gloria Thacker Deason

The allegations: Gloria Thacker Deason told the Post that she met Moore when she was 18 at the department store where she worked at the Gadsden Mall. She said they dated on and off over several months, including dates where they drank wine. But she said that the relationship did not go beyond kissing. “My mom was really, really strict, and my curfew was 10:30, but she would let me stay out later with Roy,” she told the Post.

Beverly Young Nelson

The allegations: In a press conference on Nov. 13, Beverly Young Nelson said that Moore sexually assaulted her in 1977 when she was just 16. She claims that Moore offered to drive her home from her job waitressing at a restaurant and then groped her and forced her head toward his crotch. She said that she had first met Moore at the restaurant she worked at when she was 15. She said he frequently complimented her appearance and signed her yearbook with the note: “To a sweeter, more beautiful girl I could not say Merry Christmas. Love Roy Moore, D.A.”

Tina Johnson

The allegations: Tina Johnson told AL.com that Moore groped her in 1991 when she visited his law office with her mother. Johnson, who was 28 years old at the time, said Moore complimented her appearance throughout the meeting and then grabbed her butt when her mother had left the room.

Gena Richardson

The allegations: In an interview with the Post published on Nov. 15, Gena Richardson said that she first met Moore at Gadsden Mall in 1977 either before or just after her 18th birthday. She said that she declined to give him her phone number, and Moore then called her at school to ask her out. After Moore allegedly attempted again to ask her out, she agreed to go on a date, Richardson said. At the end of the night, she said that Moore gave her an unwanted “forceful” kiss.

Becky Gray

The allegations: Becky Gray told the Post in the story published Nov. 15 that she met Moore at Gadsden Mall, where she worked at the time, when she was 22. Gray said that Moore repeatedly asked her out, and that she consistently turned down his advances. She said she complained to her manager, who allegedly told her that it was “not the first time he had a complaint about him hanging out at the mall.”

Re: These ladies are not anonymous

Dec 5, 2017, 5:05 PM

"The allegations"

Yeah, okay. Show me some proof, show the voters of Alabama some proof.

Funny how you aren't going to these same lengths for the Clintons, Al Franken, etc etc. You know, people who have been PROVEN to ave actually sexually assaulted people.

Read my posts and I think you'll find you're wrong.

Dec 5, 2017, 5:43 PM

I'm not voting in Conyer's or Franken's state, if I were, I wouldn't vote for the dirty old man or the a$$ grabber. I am voting in AL, and know many people that grew up in Gadsden when he was wife-shopping teenagers, that would corroborate these ladies' stories. This guy is a charlatan/cult leader using Christianity as a weapon to further his own cause that, in reality, has nothing to do with God, but everything to do with Roy Moore.

If you are a religious person, people like Roy Moore should disgust you.

Dec 5, 2017, 4:13 PM

No, I think the people of Alabama will not elect Moore. In past races he has won by the slimest of margins.

I think the people of Alabama won't be willing to have their state be the subject of ridicule for the next 100 years.

Dec 5, 2017, 4:25 PM

of course he will, and by a huge margin.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic