Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sincere Question: I am totally in the dark on the this issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1,308

Sincere Question: I am totally in the dark on the this issue

Jan 17, 2018, 4:35 PM

I can't figure out the big deal about getting democrats to agree with congressional funding for The Wall. Why is this even up for discussion? I thought Mexico was paying for the wall. If that is the case, why does congress have to agree to U.S. taxpayer money to pay for it. Since June 2016, the word has been that Mexico was going to pay for it. When did that change?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1/10. Too obvious***

Jan 17, 2018, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only thing that's obvious is that the former and current

Jan 17, 2018, 5:29 PM

presidents of Mexico meant business when they said there was no way in Hell Mexico would pay for the wall, and that a bunch of gullible people believed Trump when he said they would.

Anyway, now Congress will agree for us taxpayers to pay for it.

Re: Only thing that's obvious is that the former and current

Jan 17, 2018, 8:17 PM

I'll gladly pay more taxes to help pay for the wall. We are a nation of laws and borders.

that sir

Jan 17, 2018, 9:21 PM

is stupid. education matters

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While we're at it, would you be ok paying a little more

Jan 18, 2018, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Only thing that's obvious is that the former and current ]

in taxes for universal basic health care?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: While we're at it, would you be ok paying a little more

Jan 18, 2018, 8:28 AM

No.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So ok with paying more taxes for a wall

Jan 18, 2018, 8:31 AM

but not ok with more taxes for basic healthcare for all Americans

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So ok with paying more taxes for a wall

Jan 18, 2018, 8:58 AM

No. They are in no way connected and you are trying to make a connection. The wall is for National Security and to control immigration.

Healthcare isn't a right. However, access to healthcare is abundant without Universal Healthcare and the least of us are covered by Medicaid and Medicare. If you do not like what your employer offers, find another employer. If you do not like what the Government offers through Medicaid, get an education, get a better job. There are tons of options. Obama altered the definition of full-time, which hurt the working class the most.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize there is a good section of the population

Jan 18, 2018, 10:26 AM

that works full time, and still can't afford insurance right?

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

Yep, because those small business owners that claim they

Jan 18, 2018, 10:42 AM

can't afford to insure their employees, just get another house at the lake instead, or a suite in the Mercedes Benz Stadium, or a private high school for their kids with a $20,000 per semester tuition. The Lovett School, etc.

All of them? Or just one facetious example

Jan 18, 2018, 10:45 AM

that you're applying to the whole group?

Re: Yep, because those small business owners that claim they

Jan 18, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Yep, because those small business owners that claim they ]

If you dont like that fat cat, dont work for him. Simple.

Re: You do realize there is a good section of the population

Jan 18, 2018, 10:52 AM [ in reply to You do realize there is a good section of the population ]

We arent going to agree on this. So might as well just stop right here.

They can still see a doctor and head to the ER in many cases. They cannot be refused service. Metashare and many other companies offer crowd funding type of insurance. There are options.

I would dare say a lot of these people have cable TV, flat screen, internet, computer and Netflix. Just a guess, but I would bet a paycheck that it isnt a priority for them.

Really?

Jan 18, 2018, 12:23 PM

"They can still see a doctor and head to the ER in many cases."

THAT is the whole issue. They go, get served, and cannot pay. Then services cost more to account for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You can't get preventative care in the ER

Jan 20, 2018, 1:19 AM [ in reply to Re: You do realize there is a good section of the population ]

By the time you show up, you're already in trouble. That's not cheap for me, the tax payer.

Re: While we're at it, would you be ok paying a little more

Jan 18, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to While we're at it, would you be ok paying a little more ]

Nope...they gettin enough from me for that shayat.

federal income tax? no...health insurance isn't a role...

Jan 18, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to While we're at it, would you be ok paying a little more ]

of the Federal Government.

Re: federal income tax? no...health insurance isn't a role...

Jan 18, 2018, 11:31 AM

Medicare recipients would disagree with you...

They would? All of them?....

Jan 18, 2018, 1:29 PM

There are a lot of things the federal government runs/does that it shouldn't.

Medicare is one of them. Could easily be administered on the state level.

Re: They would? All of them?....

Jan 18, 2018, 2:54 PM

You mean like Medicaid?

It all depends on one's definition of government. The same government that administers Medicare tells us we can't combine among ourselves to form purchasing groups for health insurance.

I'll admit that it's a cluster**** all the way around. I don't think Hillary or Trump is going to figure it out.

We need a new personality to cult around. ;)

Re: They would? All of them?....

Jan 18, 2018, 2:55 PM

And for the love of all that is holy, not Oprah!

(I liked Kasich myself.)

Yes like medicaid, but funded only by the state as well...

Jan 18, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: They would? All of them?.... ]

no federal involvement.

Re: Only thing that's obvious is that the former and current

Jan 17, 2018, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Only thing that's obvious is that the former and current ]

Oh and i'm glad the gubment will make you pay for it too!

You don't mind that Mexico isn't paying for it......

Jan 17, 2018, 9:00 PM

and do you wonder what Trump was talking about?

Mexican gov't would be stupid to pay for the wall, and

Jan 17, 2018, 7:16 PM

they are not stupid.

Trump believers would be stupid believe Trump when he said Mexico would pay for the wall, and Trump followers are not....... Oh wait, never mind.

I'm sure Hannity will pose this question to Trump at his earliest convenience***

Jan 17, 2018, 8:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump doesn't want to look bad, so the wall...

Jan 17, 2018, 8:22 PM

is everything to him since he said Mexico was paying for the wall at all of his rallies and sounded nuts to most . Dems aren't supporting paying for the wall ever. It's about Trump not looking foolish as far Trump's angle. If the Dems agreed to support paying for the wall Trump would give them anything they wanted.

Re: Sincere Question: I am totally in the dark on the this issue

Jan 18, 2018, 8:27 AM

They will start to lose jobs with Trump tightening the screws on them and regulations in the US being whacked. I would consider them paying in that manner. It was dumb for Trump to back his Administration into a corner with those remarks, but that is Trump.

Chrysler is bringing back the Ram production to the US. Chrysler will still use the plant in Mexico, but it will be a shell of itself as they will be doing car production for cars sold outside of the US, which is basically zero. They are not the only ones bringing jobs back and re-purposing production lines. That is a huge win, especially for a city like Detroit.

There are already more leaving than are coming due to Trump.

Jan 18, 2018, 10:01 AM

The new crazy tall wall is probably not even needed. Trump has terrified them without even building the wall. The only reason the wall needs to be built now more than likely is for Trump's ego. I say let Mexico pay for it like Trump always stated. If we got rid of sanctuary cities there would be even less reason for the new 15 billion dollar wall or whatever it will cost Mexico.

You're right about one thing. It was dumb of Trump to use

Jan 18, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Sincere Question: I am totally in the dark on the this issue ]

words that he couldn't live up to. But his, even dumber, followers took it hook, line and sinker.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1,308
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic