Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Muscoot and creating a "knock-off" brand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Muscoot and creating a "knock-off" brand

Jan 23, 2019, 9:46 AM

After reading the post about Muscoot trying to get Marion Hobby to learn how we recruit, and seeing the twitter video with Zach Pickens' mom talking about "family", it is obvious that Muscoot is getting desperate and trying to copy Clemson. Throw in the new football operations center (yeah a lot of teams have those now), and he seems to try to match our footsteps. The problem with that is that you can't manufacture what Dabo and his staff do. They are genuine and true to who they are. Their joy and exuberance is not a facade. Their way and personality doesn't work with everyone but they understand what they need and want and can put it all together. Dabo and Clemson are more than catchphrases and facilities.

It's like Muscoot is trying to get ahead without doing the legwork, cheating on a math test to score a quick 'A' instead of studying, learning, and understanding how to solve the problems himself to build a foundation that will lead to future 'A's. Saban and Dabo couldn't be more different, yet both are on top of the football coaching world leading the best programs. This shows that there isn't just one way to accomplish the same result.

Muscoot doesn't have the personality of a Dabo so his attempt to copy will likely end in failure. He needs to be true to what he is and find out what works for him, not just try to knock-off what works for Dabo and Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muscoot and creating a "knock-off" brand

Jan 23, 2019, 9:48 AM

If he isn't smart enough to figure it out, please don't help him!

He’s been doing it ever since he got there he’s just not very good at it***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:48 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imitation is the best form flattery.***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:50 AM

GOoo Losers..Keep Losing!***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:58 AM

Saying..they're 29 down in the on-field Rivalry!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 10:00 AM

if your step-father figure is known to punch inanimate object when explaining stuff...

Jan 23, 2019, 10:04 AM

That is what they have always done. Copying successful programs is what they do because they have absolutely no vision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot and creating a "knock-off" brand ]

Lol! Is he yelling “Do your job!”

Jan 23, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot and creating a "knock-off" brand ]

He might want to try a different approach. That didn't work so well at Florida.

More evidence that Dabo has created the Model Program***

Jan 23, 2019, 10:15 AM

Jan 23, 2019, 10:16 AM

IMHO, his biggest mistake (after accepting the coot job) was trying to be funny with the little comment about Kathleen Swinney flirting with him. Dabo laughed it off at the time, but I'm willing to bet he takes special joy in beating that little coot down every year just for that.

I'm surprised this doesn't get more attention

Jan 23, 2019, 10:50 AM

As soon as I saw the video of this, I knew what the future would hold for that jackazs.

I hope he enjoyed that moment enough to make it worth the career winless record against Clemson it will ensure him, along with the timeouts for curtain calls and extra touchdowns instead of kneeling inside of two minutes to go in the fourth quarter.

You wanna find out how to get a kind, humble man with good sportsmanship to embarass you, I can't imagine a better place to start than attempting to humiliate him and question his wife's character in a public forum. If that was supposed to be a joke, it was BEYOND out of line. He's lucky he didn't get his coke sniffer busted right then and there.

Don't hold back, Dabo, remind him every year.

Re: I'm surprised this doesn't get more attention

Jan 23, 2019, 11:09 AM

Do you think Dabo whispers “my wife doesn’t hit on losers” into Muscoot’s ear at the post game handshake every year?

and don’t forget, he hired an employee in our media

Jan 23, 2019, 10:16 AM

department to run the new uofsuc social media.

Jan 23, 2019, 10:18 AM

He should fit in perfectly down at U of SuCk. Besides the cock-a-booses, I am not sure they have ever had an original idea at that cesspool.

From concocting an entrance for the team (trying to compete with the most exciting 25 seconds in college football), to hedges around the field (UGA), to a goofy hand gesture at the end of their alma mater (vs. Clemson's wave of cadets' caps), to white rags (in place of tiger rags), (and I am sure there are tons more) they just copy successful programs and hope it somehow rubs off. It does not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something that Cusschamp and u of 5c fans will never get...

Jan 23, 2019, 10:46 AM

it’s not the bricks and the mortar, it’s what’s inside that makes Clemson so special.

You can't buy it, you can't manufacture it, and you can't duplicate it.

You either have it or you don't !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 23, 2019, 10:49 AM

You talk about how Saban and Dabo couldn't be more different, but yet both lead the Nations Best Programs.
You mean they have a program in cootlumbia? Could have fooled me.

Jan 23, 2019, 10:51 AM

Hope he’s just as creative in job hunting. The graveyard of coaching is digging his grave already. After scratching and clawing to break .500 next year, it won’t be long.

You can’t “fake” Jesus as the Lord of your life!

Jan 23, 2019, 10:54 AM

But He is available for all who come knocking!

Go Tigers!

Jan 23, 2019, 10:55 AM

Well you cant fault someone for copying things that work. A lot of people tried to copy Saban too but not many people can pull it off.... same for Dabo. There are some intangibles that you either have or you do not and Dabo has them.
WM isnt a terrible coach and is doing a decent job in Columbia.. i mean a lot of coaches havent been above .500 down there... but there are just some things you cant change.

Over the past 5 years, I've heard "family" mentioned by

Jan 23, 2019, 11:14 AM

many different recruits and recruiters. Dabo's approach is being mimicked at a lot of places. But as you said - Dabo's in genuine and that can't be copied. You either have IT or you don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muscoot = Chek Cola of Football***

Jan 23, 2019, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK...I don't care who you are, that's funny !!!***

Jan 23, 2019, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 23, 2019, 11:54 AM

He is only missing some key parts such as, Dabo, all of our other coaches, a history of winning, and a nice town.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:05 PM

UofSuC is a family, a dysfunctional one

Jan 23, 2019, 12:17 PM

My Dad always told me if I couldn't say something good about a person, say nothing, Heeding his advice, I would like to say Muschamp and the Gamecock team are the best losers I have ever seen and have taken losing to an unheard of high level. They have invented excuses for their lack of success that defy description.

That's enough for now. If I continue to heap praise on them, many of you would be calling me a coot and asking TigerNet to ban me.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 3:01 PM

I always love reading your thoughts and posts Joe...

...even if you are a coot ??

THIS!!!

Jan 23, 2019, 3:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEbN6Vnr1g8

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic