Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You can see the progression of Clemson's basketball roster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,502

You can see the progression of Clemson's basketball roster

Mar 5, 2015, 11:50 AM

Brad has done a good job of building the roster back up from the scrap heap left to him by OP. What I like to see is improvement. When one player cycles out of the program, he is replaced by someone better. Brad's building process was slowed by unexpectedly losing two players (K.J. & Filer) a year early. People forget that Filer was probably our best player off the dribble and our most athletic perimeter defender. He would have been a big part of the team this year. K.J. was one of the best players in the ACC last season as well. Clemson, as a program, just can't handle losing two of their top 8 players early. You saw the results this year with a subpar bench. Throw in the fact that Rooks hasn't looked right since his freak hip injury and that takes 3 players out of contention for this years squad.

However, Brad seems to have done a good job in filling those holes for next years team. He basically turned Filer into Devoe and KJ into Avery Holmes in an attempt to address our needs at guard (Grantham was already on board to deal with the SF/PF position. Throw in Robertin, who will be afforded the opportunity to sit and develop behind Nnoko and Djitte next season and Clemson, if nothing else, will finally, barring a surprise transfer, have a balanced roster.

PG: Holmes, Hudson - Big upgrade from Hall and ? (Roper just isn't a PG and neither is Devoe)
SG: Adjukwa,Roper, Devoe, Rooks - An upgrade athletically from Harrison.
SF: Grantham, Blossomgame, Adjukwa (Grantam and Blossomgame are interchangeable at the 3/4) - Older Grantham is an upgrade)
PF: Blossomgame, Grantham, Smith (Blossomgame really made a move this year as "the man". He should be better next season with a year of figuring out how to be "the man" under his belt.
C: Nnoko, Djitte (Landry just keeps improving, and I think Djitte is well on his way)

One guy to keep an eye on next year is Roper. I think he could see his minutes substantially cut if he can't figure out how to bring some confidence and consistency to his game. Devoe is hungry and wants his minutes. I think Devoe had a tough transition from his small high school, but he could also push Adjukwa for the starting job next year.

Anyway, the future is looking up, and Brad seems to be upgrading the departing talent with better players fairly consistently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can see the progression of Clemson's basketball roster

Mar 5, 2015, 12:01 PM

Good sound post. Thanks.

You will notice the BB haters have nothing to say about it

Mar 5, 2015, 12:09 PM

because they would actually have to talk about basketball, and not just about how basketball makes them feel.

Great post.....and I think it is indeed time knowledgable

Mar 5, 2015, 12:09 PM

Clemson basketball fans just put this entire Purnell/Brownell comparison to rest.....few things could be more inconsequential.

I hope we see continued improvement and development from all three returning big men.....Nnoko and Djitte will have to be stalwart in the post next season for Clemson to be successful...but we've gotten some good minutes from Josh Smith this season too....he's improved noticeably--not just from last season--but since the first part of this season as well. Good play from our big guys will be instrumental in overcoming some new guys bringing the ball up court and distributing......and while I'll partially agree with you that I don't think Jordan Roper has shown himself to be a true point guard as of YET, he absolutely will have to figure into that aspect of the offense somewhat---in addition to providing as outside threat....and Roper's defense can get compromised because of his size as well.

One thing I'm a little leery of and thats having too much expectation of the Stanford transfer Holmes (I believe thats his name).....I sorta did the same thing with DeMarcus Harrison and, while Demarc has given the Tigers a valuable outside presence many, many times.... I wish Harrison had been a little more aggressive with the ball some times 'cuz I think he misses too many opportunities to drive and dish if necessary---I think he averaged 7 or 8 points per game as a rookie at Morman U and I thought that given two years, his offensive numbers would be more significant than they've been

I think there are a lot of topics to discuss about the Tiger basketball team regardless of the tournament we're invited to.....and it'll be the NIT.....especially with the recruits coming in and how having all our home games be away games will affect the continuity of the teams AND the fans.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holmes is from the University of San Fransisco

Mar 5, 2015, 12:21 PM

Not Stanford. He doesn't have to be great. He just needs to keep the seat warm for Hudson. You don't want to start a freshman PG in the ACC, and Brad managed to avoid that by grabbing Holmes.

lol....I was close! One other thing not being discussed

Mar 5, 2015, 12:30 PM

much is the (probably slim) possibility that Jaron decides to go pro....IMO, he needs at least another year going up against ACC level talent since his injuries kinda slowed him down a bit....but I think the potential is there. With Grantham and Blossomgame back, our bigs should be more than competent

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blossomgame would be making a Vic Hampton decision

Mar 5, 2015, 12:33 PM

No way he gets drafted. Undersized power forwards that can't shoot usually don't do very well in the pros, and by "not do very well" I mean they don't make it to the pros.

Jaron is not going pro***

Mar 5, 2015, 7:21 PM [ in reply to lol....I was close! One other thing not being discussed ]

He's talented enough to play pro overseas, but not likely

Mar 5, 2015, 7:36 PM

NBA.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luckily DRad knows this and refuses Tigernet input !***

Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what happened to filer and rivers? Did they

Mar 5, 2015, 12:13 PM

transfer, graduate? I forgot about filer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Filer transfered to be closer to home.***

Mar 5, 2015, 12:19 PM

Mar 5, 2015, 12:15 PM

I like Roper but other than hitting some shots he isn't a great D player and tends to cause turnovers w nonchalant passes and not being strong w the ball

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he make them ALL practice their Foul Shots ...

Mar 5, 2015, 5:52 PM

aka "Free Throws" (you shoot (shot), you don't throw it) ... hey ! maybe that's the problem !)

I think foul shots are important ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We shoot them better under Brad***

Mar 5, 2015, 6:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope he make them ALL practice their Foul Shots ...

Mar 5, 2015, 10:49 PM [ in reply to I hope he make them ALL practice their Foul Shots ... ]

Last year was one of our best FT shooting teams in our programs history. Are you not capable of posting facts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

no....apparently not***

Mar 6, 2015, 1:16 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2015, 10:10 PM

I want to believe everything you say, but the W's and L's are still the bottom line...time will tell.

^^this^^

Mar 6, 2015, 1:30 PM

It was a pretty post, sure to get a lot of approval from the board.

He even threw in a little inconspicuous lie about OP saying he left Brownell with nothing, when in fact he left Brownell a stacked team and the best recruiting class in Clemson basketball history.

These guys are all the same. They pump Brownell and his coaching abilities without ever presenting any facts to back it up and claim anybody that disagrees is basketball ignorant.

The problem is the facts that actually matter don't support their argument.

Mar 5, 2015, 11:05 PM

Good post until Sidy is well on his way.

I like the kid but he has no offensive game and his ball handling / passing are poor.

If the coaches can do something with him.. They are miracle workers.

That's not his job

Mar 6, 2015, 12:41 PM

He is never going to be a post up player on offense. He was brought in to defend, block shots and rebound. He brings solid energy to the court and is very athletic for his size.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic