Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Trevor Lawrence: Sunday performance shows his dominant side
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Trevor Lawrence: Sunday performance shows his dominant side

Jul 3, 2017, 7:53 AM

Trevor Lawrence: Sunday performance shows his dominant side

Trevor Lawrence took over as the nation’s top-ranked player last July, and he’s sat atop the rankings for a year. At Nike’s The Opening this week at Nike World Headquarters, he’s done nothing to dispel the notion that he’s worthy of the ranking. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Trevor Lawrence: Sunday performance shows his dominant side

Jul 3, 2017, 7:58 AM

Naturally, the SEC must have the #1 player. Naturally.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2017, 8:05 AM

I know what you are saying, but Fields is likely to end up at FSU. It'll definitely be great to see these two battle it out for years.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jul 3, 2017, 8:39 AM

Everything I have read on Rivals has Fields choosing between Florida and Georgia. FSU got a visit but doesn't appear to be a front runner thankfully

You can probably thank XT for making FSU not a front runner!

Jul 3, 2017, 9:33 AM

Can't imagine any QB would want to choose to go against him every year!

I'm still under the impression that Lawrence is better

Jul 3, 2017, 8:04 AM

7v7 is a fun weekend activity, like pick-up basketball, but it is ridiculous to put so much weight into it. Lawrence has proven on the field where it counts that he is the best in the country. I think there is another recent Clemson QB that is very similar and that turned out well. Give me the field general that wins football games over the camp warrior that makes pretty throws in gym shorts.

Also, I'd bet that if Lawrence was still uncommitted that we wouldn't even be having this discussion. These recruiting sites want to draw up attention by fudging their rankings.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I'm still under the impression that Lawrence is better

Jul 3, 2017, 8:13 AM

I agree, a less than a week long skill drills/skeleton contestwithout pads and surrounding talent knocked out replaces years of actual games with pads, is ridiculous.

The statement David made about TL commanding the entire field best; tells me all I need to know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think NC QB DW4 was #1 at same or equal events.

Jul 3, 2017, 8:27 AM

Saying..being #1 is "Best is Standard" when it really counts..when a bunch of angry & big Red Elephants are breathing down your neck, and you take them down with one great play & throw with 1 sec remaining!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't think NC QB DW4 was #1 at same or equal events.

Jul 3, 2017, 9:32 AM

I think that was with 6 seconds on the clock Bill, with 1 sec remaining on the clock when the play was over, and the game won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't think NC QB DW4 was #1 at same or equal events.

Jul 3, 2017, 11:17 AM

if you want to be a smart ### it was probably thrown with 3 seconds on the clock. Renfrow caught it at the two second mark or so, and the play was ruled dead with one

We will see when the ball is spotted

Jul 3, 2017, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I'm still under the impression that Lawrence is better ]

This is just talk to keep us content during the summer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still under the impression that Lawrence is better

Jul 5, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to I'm still under the impression that Lawrence is better ]

Couldn't agree more. I've seen more than one person note, you still have to look at the body of work. Not just the camp.

Lawrence has only lost 1 game in his career.

Even more important.

What do we really care about the ramkings. We just want quality young men that will listen, and follow direction from our coaches.

Just look at the skill sets, and elevation to NFL caliber players Dabo & his coaches have developed in the past several years.

This is why fitting the Clemson character target is so important for our continued success.

A mobile Manning... "industry insiders" aside. We good.***

Jul 3, 2017, 8:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2017, 8:27 AM

So when Lawrence was looking like he was going to Georgia or Tennessee and uncommitted he was a "once in a generation" player, but now he might not even be the best QB in he class? I don't think this is as much as an SEC recruit being hyped, as it is an uncommitted recruit being hyped.

This is what is so annoying about following recruiting. It's not an exact science, I get that, but the scouts for these services are more interested in hyping players to get website hits than actually evaluating. It's the same reason so many uncommitted players will be bumped in January (long after the season ends and there are no evaluation camps). Having the #120 recruit committing isn't going to get the same reaction, or interest as the #20 recruit, so the sites gerrymander the rankings to suit their needs.

Jul 3, 2017, 8:40 AM

Jerry Mander is shifty little guy
Underestimated talent

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jul 3, 2017, 12:33 PM

Jerry Mander's from Maryland, isn't he? ;)

Massachusetts, originally, i think***

Jul 3, 2017, 3:53 PM

Jul 3, 2017, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Trevor Lawrence: Sunday performance shows his dominant side ]

I used to think this was a crazy idea with no weight behind it. But the more I see these rankings shift over nothing at all the more I think that some sites actually do try to push the uncommitted guys further up the boards when possible.

Luckily guys like Xavier Thomas and Trevor Lawrence won't fall far because they truly are the blue chip, one of a kind type players and you can push other players up the recruiting board but you really can't slide them down much.

Jul 3, 2017, 9:36 AM

Xt made sure they didn't try to under rate him, he just embarrasses all who stands in front of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crap Balm was right

Jul 3, 2017, 8:35 AM

But seriously, I'm with you guys. The pundits change their tune when a guy is not committed to an SEC school. Don't worry. He will produce on the field where it matters most just like DW4 did. Let them rank him wherever they want to rank him.:)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crap Balm was right

Jul 3, 2017, 9:39 AM

I love it when they screw up and set a big chip on top of a player shoulders. Hopefully TL will have that chip on his shoulders when he takes over Clemson's offense!!!

Jul 3, 2017, 8:59 AM

Don't forget folks. DW4 got drug through the mud during elite 11. I think he wound up being 11. They didn't think he was a good passer. We all know how that turned out. None of the other 11 turned out to be any good. I believe our coaches know how to evaluate talent. I still believe Lawrence will be the best.

Jul 3, 2017, 9:02 AM

Close, Watson was #10. Behind Brad Kayaa and Sean White (who was #1...lmao).

Jul 3, 2017, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Trevor Lawrence: Sunday performance shows his dominant side ]

TL is the best QB in this class, and he has proved it many times on the field as a passer, and he has dual threat capabilities also. They, the know it all's can't make TL a lesser QB bc they need or want a new #1 to talk/write about. It's just not going to happen!!!

Jul 3, 2017, 9:18 AM

I will say this, once a top player has held that position for a time and if they commit to Clemson, the know it all's find it easy to name another top player at that position to brag about!!!

Jul 3, 2017, 9:56 AM

Bads peak od other conferences and recruiting "experts" may be satisfying to some. But it doesn't change what we have. We go a great QB commit and he showed his talent. Who cares what other people think k and say. It's just BS until gametime.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth be told..Uncommitted players move up the rankings.

Jul 3, 2017, 10:23 AM

While firm commits slowly descend. It's happened for years.

Easier to sell subscriptions about the uncommitted payers than the committed.

I've also noticed that the services rank players based off of their subscription base...Rivals will have a USuC player higher because they are the main board for the Coots. Meanwhile Scout will rank UNC commits higher because that is where they seem to hang out.

That is why the composite is so important.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

When I was reading the article...

Jul 3, 2017, 12:15 PM

I thought it was going to be XT that might move ahead of Lawrence. From what I've read I can at least see an argument for that happening. Although its 1-Offense and 1-Defense and both are going to Clemson, so it really doesn't matter to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When I was reading the article...

Jul 3, 2017, 12:34 PM

The sites are going for 'hits'...nothing more. I was being tongue in cheek with the SEC comment.

Strike that...I wasn't! :)

I'm ready for some results of the Linemen Challenge

Jul 4, 2017, 9:53 PM

Bring it.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic