Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Danny Kannel ask this. Would you attend a game in fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 92
| visibility 1

Danny Kannel ask this. Would you attend a game in fall

May 6, 2020, 9:11 PM

Without a vaccine. Yes or No?

Big yes here

Don't turn this political. Yes or no

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes***

May 6, 2020, 9:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

May 6, 2020, 9:16 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if I tested POSITIVE :>)

May 6, 2020, 9:19 PM

Make sure you see the "SMILE" !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny Kannel ask this. Would you attend a game in fall

May 6, 2020, 9:23 PM

????????????yup!
Go Tigers!

Hail YES!

May 6, 2020, 9:25 PM

Gut eR Done!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2020, 9:29 PM

I'd attend a game this Saturday, but I suppose that makes me selfish per others.

May 6, 2020, 9:37 PM

I have just fined you $7K too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Danny Kannel ask this. Would you attend a game in fall ]

Note ...that Judge is an elected official....or soon to be a has been...!
Go Tigers!

Yes***

May 6, 2020, 9:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2020, 9:32 PM

Yes today or any other day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Yes. Of course.***

May 6, 2020, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 6, 2020, 9:39 PM

Yes! Respect all and not a doctor and have read everything everyone else has. Here is what I got out of it. Stay home alone until a vaccine 12-18 months or take your chance and get to living. I am the most at risk in my family other than my mother of 86 whom I havent seen her face to face in over a month.
I see my daughter everyday even tho she doesnt want to as her account is Prisma. I would rather have one day with her than 1000 without her. Spot the ball!

May 7, 2020, 11:00 AM

Nice post????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

May 6, 2020, 9:47 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a more inflamatory way to ask this question

May 6, 2020, 10:05 PM

If you knew your attendance at Death Valley would indirectly cause the death of between 1 and 20 people by attending a football game, would you still go?

Re: a more inflamatory way to ask this question

May 6, 2020, 10:16 PM

In America yes. I would take all precautions. You cant stop living. I am in the majority that could die from it. Would rather live free thand die scared. Protect all but its still America. Freedom. No one is forcing people out they are forcing people in!

May 7, 2020, 8:18 AM

But not in Canada?

May 7, 2020, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: a more inflamatory way to ask this question ]

But not in Canada?

May 7, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: a more inflamatory way to ask this question ]

But not in Canada?

Question, do I get to pick the 20 people?***

May 6, 2020, 11:34 PM [ in reply to a more inflamatory way to ask this question ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question, do I get to pick the 20 people?***

May 10, 2020, 11:17 AM

Hahahaha!!!!!

May 7, 2020, 2:41 AM [ in reply to a more inflamatory way to ask this question ]

When you sing The Star Spangled Banner, will you still sing “the land of the free and the home of the brave” part?
If so, why?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 7, 2020, 8:09 AM [ in reply to a more inflamatory way to ask this question ]

would i get to pick the 1 to 20?

yes, but there are some variables - like your self-control***

May 7, 2020, 11:30 AM

May 10, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to a more inflamatory way to ask this question ]

If you knew your ignorance risked everybody’s freedom would you be willing to think critically, turn off the propaganda, stop being selfish and wake up ? ... or is that too much to ask ?

May 6, 2020, 10:19 PM

Yes??

May 6, 2020, 10:21 PM

Yes

May 6, 2020, 10:25 PM

Yes

May 6, 2020, 10:35 PM

NO. Not at my age. But I would watch it on TV.??????

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abso-effing-lootly!!!

May 6, 2020, 10:35 PM

They open the gates and I'm up in there . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly...probably not.

May 6, 2020, 11:09 PM

And not because I would be scared to or don’t enjoy watching the Tigers play...but it’s just football and I can still watch it on TV. Bottom line...If I thought doing so would endanger my family/friends...then no, without a second thought.

Probably not.

May 7, 2020, 8:07 AM

If I am still attending church remotely, I am unlikely to attend a Clemson game in person. I've paid for my tickets. I support the Tigers.

I am not particularly worried about my own health but it seems irresponsible to knowingly engage in activities that increase the danger to many others. I don't drive while drunk for the same reasons.

Go Tigers!

May 6, 2020, 11:47 PM

Of course. A vaccine may be a few months away, a few years away or it may never happen at all. Not going to hide under my bed waiting.

May 6, 2020, 11:56 PM

yes

May 7, 2020, 12:04 AM

Nope, it's not if I got infected, it's who in my family would I get infected after I left the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A fair perspective. In my case, if my wife wanted to go, I

May 7, 2020, 1:35 AM

would say, "Go, let me worry about me. I want you to go." That being the case, if she said the same to me, knowing her low risk level, I might do the same. As to my parents, if i went to the game I would have to show no symptoms for 2 weeks before I saw them again.

So, to require an either/or, yes/no, answer regarding other people is too simplistic, at least for me. It is not yes/no. Precautions can be taken, the right of others to take risks has to be accounted for.

But a person can certainly decide to not go, erring on that side of caution regarding other people. That is, of course, a perfectly good way to look at it. Would have my support, even if I decided another way.

May 7, 2020, 12:25 AM

Hail to the yes!

Yes.***

May 7, 2020, 1:37 AM

May 7, 2020, 3:43 AM

No. Because I wouldnt attend a game even if there were no issues. That said, I am not worried about the virus.

May 7, 2020, 4:59 AM

I'd be there if they said my head might fall off after the game. Meanwhile sneezing and coughing the whole time trying to clear the row out.

May 7, 2020, 5:58 AM

If I could afford the ticket, yes. People die on the way to or coming from events all the time. some have even died at our games. Precautions can be maintained, but life goes on. Especially on a bright sunny day The most likely places to contact the virus is in the bathroom areas. There are lines. and social distancing would not be maintained. But such is life. Yah gotta go, yah gotta go.

no***

May 7, 2020, 7:43 AM

Undecided

May 7, 2020, 7:43 AM

If SC has the infection rate under control by then, perhaps. It also remains to be seen what kind of precautions the university puts in place.

Right now, I'd say unlikely. South Carolina's just recently started to slow the rate of known new infections, but the mortality rate continues to climb (4.4% as of yesterday). And widespread testing is still unavailable.

Re: Undecided

May 7, 2020, 7:54 AM

So the mortality rate is lower than what you just wrote. You just said it yourself, there is no testing. Think of the many people who 1. Have it and don’t even know it. 2. Have it, but can’t get tested.

Mortality rate is under 1. Bunch of babies. Open the country.

Re: Undecided

May 8, 2020, 8:14 AM

I understand what you're saying, but you can't claim to know to mortality rate is lower than 4.4% until you can prove it, and without testing you can't prove it. I look forward to the time when mass testing is available and as a result the mortality rate is lowered significantly, but until then, it's all conjecture.

May 7, 2020, 7:45 AM

Hell yes. I am not living my life in fear. Period

May 7, 2020, 7:52 AM

i am 65 and would go in a heartbeat. if you are under 50 or so and say you would not go you are probably someone i do not want to know in the first place. maybe everyone should state their age when voting.

i don't get this thinking...everyone's situation is differen

May 7, 2020, 11:00 AM

I'm under 50 and I'm not concerned about my health, but I definitely wouldn't want to be responsible for making my mother, brothers, sisters in law other ill. So, no. I probably won't go unless I had a way to make sure I could be tested before seeing them. I THINK/HOPE this will be the case by football season, but as of now, it's not.

So, it's a no for me. how you base so much on someone's personal health decision is amazing to me.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Sure would !!!***

May 7, 2020, 7:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yup

May 7, 2020, 7:54 AM

No bout adadit

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Would you not attend a game?***

May 7, 2020, 8:22 AM

Asks a political question - says not to turn it political.***

May 7, 2020, 8:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nope.

May 7, 2020, 8:40 AM

It's already difficult for me to get up there anyway. I live 4 hours away and have 3 young children (youngest is 16 months). I was going to try to make one this year, but this is the extra nudge that will certainly keep me at home now. It's really just not worth it for me. I'm just hoping that we will have Clemson football to watch on TV.

I will also add that my sister, who works with me, was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease last year. We still don't even know the full extent of it as the doctors have had trouble even pinpointing what, exactly, she has. Right now they just know from text results that she has one and it's causing arthritis in a 33 year old.

I am being very cautious right now, not because I'm worried about myself, but because i would never forgive myself if i got her sick and she somehow wasn't able to fight this off because of her condition.

Re: Nope.

May 7, 2020, 9:23 AM

User Logo
TigersAndCubs®
110%er [8784]
TigerPulse: 100%
Nope. [1]
Posted: May 7, 2020 8:40 AM

It's already difficult for me to get up there anyway. I live 4 hours away and have 3 young children (youngest is 16 months). I was going to try to make one this year, but this is the extra nudge that will certainly keep me at home now. It's really just not worth it for me. I'm just hoping that we will have Clemson football to watch on TV.

I will also add that my sister, who works with me, was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease last year. We still don't even know the full extent of it as the doctors have had trouble even pinpointing what, exactly, she has. Right now they just know from text results that she has one and it's causing arthritis in a 33 year old.

I am being very cautious right now, not because I'm worried about myself, but because i would never forgive myself if i got her sick and she somehow wasn't able to fight this off because of her condition.

JUST WONDERING, DID YOU GO TO ANY SPORTING EVENTS DURING THE SWINE FLU SCARE OR FOR THAT MATTER ANY YEAR WHEN THE FLU IS GOING AROUND OR ANY OTHER BUG THAT MAY KILL YOU.

Did you read the part about his sister or nah?***

May 7, 2020, 9:50 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Did you read the part about his sister or nah?***

May 7, 2020, 10:48 AM

UH YES I DID, HENCE THE QUESTION ABOUT DID HE GO DURING OTHER HEALTH SCARES.

Well you specifically asked about H1N1 which was what

May 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

2009ish? His sister was diagnosed last year.

So if you read that part, and understood that part, and knew that the H1N1 was much more than a year ago, what is the point of your question?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You sure? She was diagnosed just last year, so his...

May 7, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you read the part about his sister or nah?*** ]

specific consideration for her didn't exist prior?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You sure? She was diagnosed just last year, so his...

May 7, 2020, 10:59 AM

SORRY MISSED THAT PART BUT THE QUESTION CAN STILL BE USED IN GENERAL. ARE YOU CHANGING YOUR LIFE THIS YEAR WHEN YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT EVER BEFORE.

No worries, it happens.***

May 7, 2020, 11:01 AM

Re: No worries, it happens.***

May 7, 2020, 11:10 AM

AND THIS IS HOW IT ALL STARTED

??
For those of you who don't know about history ... Here is a condensed version:
Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the ocean and river systems and live on fish and lobster in the winter.
The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:
1 . Liberals
2. Conservatives.
Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.
Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to BBQ at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement...
Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly BBQ's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.
Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. They became known as girlie-men. Some note worthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer.
Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the #######!
Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule in baseball because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.
Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud or Miller. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big game hunters, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, members of the military, airline pilots and generally anyone who works productively.
Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.
Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.
Here ends today's lesson in world history:
It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.
A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to #### them off.
And there you have it. Let your next action reveal your true self.....I'm going to have another beer??????

I did not change my life at all during the H1N1 time

May 7, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: You sure? She was diagnosed just last year, so his... ]

and I ended up getting it. At the time my son was a little less than a year old, and if you recall children were dying from it. So while the flu wasn't awful for me I had to be quarantined off from my family and I was terrified that I was going to pass it to my son. So his precautions in avoiding crowds to protect his sister seem justified and not deserving of an obtuse response.

May 7, 2020, 8:47 AM

a big NO!

May 7, 2020, 9:17 AM

#### right.

I will be there.

I want to know where I can expose myself to the virus now,

May 7, 2020, 9:33 AM

get my little cough and fever, stay home for a couple weeks, and not have to worry about it come June.

Will they give me a "safe" card? Can I use it to get a seat at the bar at BWW? Get my hair cut?

OR! Even better

May 7, 2020, 9:39 AM

For only $119!

https://questdirect.questdiagnostics.com/products/covid-19-immune-response/b580e541-78a5-48a6-b17b-7bad949dcb57

Can I show my "testing papers?"

You can get paid for being a test subject for a vaccine

May 10, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to I want to know where I can expose myself to the virus now, ]

Which taking you would have a chance of getting the virus.

May 7, 2020, 10:18 AM

Looks like the vast majority of new cases are coming from those staying at home. Spot the ball.

May 7, 2020, 10:22 AM

Yes of course.

May 7, 2020, 10:46 AM

Definitely yes.

I think so.***

May 7, 2020, 10:46 AM

as of now, no, but it depends on testing available.

A lot my immediate family falls in the high risk cat. if i did, i'd go knowing that I'd need to plan on not seeing them for 2+ weeks just to be sure. so maybe in September, not in October so that Thanksgiving is less stressful. LOL

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

YES!

:)

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

May 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

No desire to go to China, but if I had to in order to see the Tigers play, I would attend a game in Wu-freaking-han China.

May 7, 2020, 10:58 AM

Yes !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.***

May 7, 2020, 11:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2020, 11:34 AM

Yes

No.

May 7, 2020, 11:38 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES***

May 7, 2020, 12:40 PM

YES!!!***

May 7, 2020, 12:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Game time decision. Not concerned personally but would

May 7, 2020, 12:46 PM

really suck to do something that has a high potential to infect others _ especially at risk relatives.

In general, support and comfortable with outdoor activities. High density, indoor activities are more concerning.

Come September, there will be a lot more info.

Yes.

May 7, 2020, 2:23 PM

Yes.

May 7, 2020, 2:50 PM

No. I’m too High risk. I want to be around to see Tigers play more championships for years to come. I’ll have the TV on no doubt.

May 7, 2020, 4:52 PM

Yes!

Class of '87

May 8, 2020, 8:38 AM

Yes!

yes - am 61 and retired - so isolation for a couple of weeks

May 8, 2020, 10:05 AM

after the game is not an issue.
go to game - out two weeks (fishing - hanging in my pool)
then next game - repeat.

gotta live - it is the only life we have.

May 8, 2020, 1:17 PM

I would attend a Clemson Football game even if they were playing Furman in a zombie apocalypse!

May 8, 2020, 2:28 PM

Without a doubt. Would attend a baseball game this weekend if our Tigers were playing.

May 8, 2020, 4:24 PM

yes

100% yes***

May 10, 2020, 12:43 PM

100% YES***

May 10, 2020, 4:00 PM

There won't be a vaccine by football season

May 10, 2020, 7:53 PM

Who told you there would or even might be.

I'll be attending no matter what b/c it's my choice to take the risk, just like when I get in my car and drive to the game.

Replies: 92
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic