Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You better BELIEVE - - IF -
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,050

You better BELIEVE - - IF -

Jan 16, 2020, 3:37 PM

A former CU player like DW4, Hopkins, Wilkins, etc ( it would never happen - just saying "IF"....) pulled an OBJ stunt like passing out stacks of cash after a Semi or Natty win & then got cute with a cop - things would be handled much differently:

Dabo would be crucified & labeled a Christian charlatan. The head of a "crooked" program. "Ohhh..!! THAT'S how they did it - - buying players & who knows WHAT!!!"

The NCAA (& probably ACC too) would be slapping the program with massive sanctions; heads would roll from top to bottom; wins & titles would be stripped; Clemson for years would be lucky to win 2 or 3 games per season.

Think not?? Better think back on the recent past. The media & the powers that be successfully convinced the entire country that TL was a bumbling, greatly overrated QB who couldn't throw a TD without following it with 3 INTs. It was mentioned during every game, including the CU/LSU Natty. No mention of Burrow's 6 INTs heading into that game - just TL's 8.

Yep - if WE ever had an idiot like OBJ do such things....."Lil' ol' Clemson" would become "Lil' ol' teeny tiny cellar-dweller Clemson."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be ok with that BECAUSE...

Jan 16, 2020, 4:05 PM

...the nation and the media know we're better than that. I'd much rather be in that position than be like LSU, whose shenanigans and thuggery have been an expected part of their history since time began.

Re: You better BELIEVE - - IF -

Jan 16, 2020, 4:32 PM

THE WASHINGTON POST

ACC Hits Clemson Harder

By Mark Asher

November 24, 1982

The sanctions in the Atlantic Coast Conference's two-year probation against the Clemson University football program are stiffer than those imposed by the NCAA Monday night and will keep the Tigers out of a bowl games for three years, university President Bill Lee Atchley said yesterday.

Re: You better BELIEVE - - IF -

Jan 16, 2020, 4:37 PM

Are we going to have to listen to ANOTHER year’s worth of how we get no respect? It has gotten very old guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic