Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Dabo Withdraw RN's Scholarships If He Backs out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 89
| visibility 1

Would Dabo Withdraw RN's Scholarships If He Backs out?

Nov 4, 2012, 8:51 AM

I may be a little off on this so please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Dabo "hook-up" 2 of his buddies from Grayson?........I realize that this happens all of the time but I would hope Dabo lets RN know that Clemson is not the place where is can use us to get his pals scholarships then he go elsewhere and play us like that......

If RN backs out, then his pals need to be pulled out unless we really can use them.

Thoughts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Just curious, but how is this different than marlin lane?

Nov 4, 2012, 8:52 AM

Don't know the whole story about recruiting lane so I was just curious.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just curious, but how is this different than marlin lane?

Nov 4, 2012, 9:07 AM

Lane had other issues. Well documented and public

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well Lane lied to the staff, got caught for weed, RN has not

Nov 4, 2012, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Just curious, but how is this different than marlin lane? ]

lied at all to the staff as far as we know... only visited colleges to see his brother play

The other two players are solid players...

Feb 20, 2021, 9:34 PM

another question might be, if RN leaves, will his friends go with him....

Re: Would Dabo Withdraw RN's Scholarships If He Backs out?

Nov 4, 2012, 9:03 AM

Step back from the ledge and let Dabo be Clemson's coach.
Lane was not the number 1 player in the nation.
Dabo has a little experience and a track record with mothers.
Just ask CJ and Tony Steward
RN ends up at Clemson

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time Out.....Just because you don't like the comment.....

Nov 4, 2012, 9:09 AM

Doesn't make it less relevant...

RN is parading around like a peacock in a very public manner frankly crapping on us....

RN is playing "Hard Ball" to get the best deal, I am getting a little tired of walking on eggshells like I think many fans are about commenting on something that might offend him....Well...his actions are offensive to the Tiger Nation and for people to want to shut down as not to offend him is a shame.

you're offended by a 17 year old?***

Nov 4, 2012, 9:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think he is a "typical" 17 Y/O, we need a long talk

Nov 4, 2012, 9:24 AM

This 17 Y/O is the number one recruit in the nation that has worked a deal out to get 2 of his pals and is working on a third to go to a school that he "might" attend.

This 17Y/O us handlers and other people in his wheel of influence...

You actually said that like he was typical pimple-faced HS Kid

no i said it like he's a 17 year old/senior in hs. if this

Nov 4, 2012, 9:27 AM

saga has you offended, recruiting in 2012ish might not be for you.

he didn't create it, every person that spends $9.99/mo with rivals created this crap.

go ahead, get offended, but don't speak for me when you do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously have no idea about the integrity of our

Nov 4, 2012, 9:27 AM [ in reply to If you think he is a "typical" 17 Y/O, we need a long talk ]

staff. We don't broker deals to get a kid to commit. Now, Sakerlina would sell their souls (if they hadn't already on numerous occasions).

smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Your really believe that?

Nov 4, 2012, 9:31 AM

Jamie Harper 1st carry against Alabama as the first thing that pops in my head...The Fumble

Re: Your really believe that?

Nov 4, 2012, 9:38 AM

And you think promising a kid the first touch of the season is the same as giving two unearned scholarships to buddies of the guy you want in order to "buy" his services? Gawd, that is twisted logic at best, dude. Just give up. You're making yourself look more and more cootish with every post in this thread.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charone Peake***

Nov 4, 2012, 9:38 AM

Re: Charone Peake***

Nov 4, 2012, 9:46 AM

WHAT?! Are you suggesting we "took" Adam Humphries to get Charone Peak, or the other way around? Either way, that is really, really, really stupid. Both are studs.

You are right he is not "The" typical 17 year old

Nov 4, 2012, 3:24 PM [ in reply to If you think he is a "typical" 17 Y/O, we need a long talk ]

He is the typical 17 year old that plays football really well. Still his choices and words have to be attributed to the same consideration any other 17 year old would make. He is a kid looking at the lights and sounds of big time football and getting a lot of attention - Very few young men can handle this type of pressure without some mistakes.

I won't say much about this issue, however, RN

Nov 4, 2012, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Time Out.....Just because you don't like the comment..... ]

has done nothing but be earnest in his communications - if you listen. He said it was hard because his mother wanted him to be with his brother. He said he's committed to Clemson. He said his Dad didn't care where he went.

THe AJC reporter is stirring up the slightest mud when he can. The mother - who knows? We've only seen the AJC reporters selected portion of a discussion with her.

I concur, quit reading the junk put out by reporters looking to build their readership, let Dabo do his job, and - most importantly - quit insulting the other two players from Grayson. They are 3 and 4 star players for all means.

Re: Time Out.....Just because you don't like the comment.....

Nov 4, 2012, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Time Out.....Just because you don't like the comment..... ]

Why does T-Net folks always TD someone when they speak the truth. If Robert was 100% committed to Clemson as he said he was at the beginning. He is not saying that, he is saying that RIGHT NOW (right now means subject to change anytime) he is still committed to Clemson. And if he is a 100% committed, stop the B S with AJC and the others. His friends do, and when they tell the interviewers that they are 100% committed to Clemson and are not taking other visits, WATCH, they shut the interview down right then. No news there, Conversation over!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is Stuff Like This That have led to my feelings......

Nov 4, 2012, 9:57 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/recruiting_update.do?id=8037

This is a far far FAR cry from being "100% Committed"

In fact about the last 15 seconds of this address the 100% comment sport

Message was edited by: The FIGHTINGDABOS®

Nov 4, 2012, 9:03 AM

Crump delete this post.

Nov 4, 2012, 9:09 AM

That's a great idea....CRUMP, please delete this original post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2012, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Dabo Withdraw RN's Scholarships If He Backs out? ]

I don't understand why we even try to get good players (not to mention the best in the country.) I mean, it may be tough to hold on to him so we should just stop trying and tell him we give up. Maybe we should just go after 2-3 stars that no one else is going after so that its not so tuff on us. Maybe we should tell our players that if they feel like things are getting tough, they should just stop playing.
Some of you guys are amazing...You sound like little b__ches with the we need to pull this and pull that guys offer. One of the friends of RN is a 4* and the other is a solid 3* and might jump up to a 4*. Take a break and let our GREAT COACHES handle this to the best of their ability.

Nov 4, 2012, 9:06 AM

The other players are good, and we do need them. I don't think either of them will go anywhere but Clemson. In interviews, they've both recently said they were 100% committed to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2012, 9:23 AM

Exactly! The other two as we are calling them, are worthy of being a Clemson Tiger. Personally I welcome Gallman and Kamara to the Clemson family even if Robert Nkemdiche never steps foot back on Clemson soil. We need and want Robert to be a part of Clemson. But we won't be writting any checks or buying any cars/trucks to get him there. Players turn out to be better players if they want be at a school.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know you were a coot.

Nov 4, 2012, 9:23 AM

If not a coot, you must just have a lot of bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Re: I didn't know you were a coot.

Nov 4, 2012, 9:30 AM

David78 PLUS 10,000!

You Guys Are Comical...Really

Nov 4, 2012, 9:30 AM

All I said is should Dabo withdraw RN's pals scholarships IF we didn't need them and IF RN goes to Ole Miss............THAT IS ALL.

If you want you jump me for that then so be it.

If Dabo had the mettle to Suspend Sammy for 2 games when he could have allowed him to play and make it stick then I am counting on him to hold RN accountable to his commitment to Clemson.

All I know is we need RN!***

Nov 4, 2012, 9:32 AM

I agree Completely......

Nov 4, 2012, 9:34 AM

I guess I am expecting too much this morning.....perhaps his mates should be leaning on RN for fear of loss if you get my meaning...

I totally want RN...I just don't like the tail wagging the dog

Re: I agree Completely......

Nov 4, 2012, 9:40 AM

REMEMBER- These guys are 17-18 and getting pulled in every direction you can think of. Then on top of that, he has a lot of people telling him to come here, and his mother and brother telling him something else. At his age, how would you have handled all this pressure?

I can only speak from my mind....

Nov 4, 2012, 9:45 AM

This kid is obviously going to be supporting a lot of people......That is obvious.

Lets say for the discussion that Clemson is off the table....If he wants a lucrative NFL career, why go to Old Miss?....This isn't the move "The Blind Side".....He could go to Alabama, LSU, ETC....so this is about playing with his brother......which is only a few years of the his life. Is it worth it to him?.....If not Clemson, Ole Miss would not be a top choice.....that is what I would be saying.

Now with Clemson back on the table, DE's have have ggod access to the NFL....

Re: I agree Completely......

Nov 4, 2012, 9:41 AM [ in reply to I agree Completely...... ]

Now you're trying to rewrite your OP? This is the sentiment that is earning you the wrath of tnet this morning: "didn't Dabo "hook-up" 2 of his buddies."

Oh, and you also said, "correct me if I'm wrong." You are getting corrected because you are, indeed, wrong.

I don't rewrite...

Nov 4, 2012, 9:48 AM

I may correct spelling errors but if I feel I am wrong, I'll fess up.....No on this one...

What I am seeing is a bunch of yellow stripes being substituted for purple ones out of fear of offending some 17 yo kid that is playing us like a violin.....

Re: I don't rewrite...

Nov 4, 2012, 10:17 AM

My comment about rewriting your OP refers to your saying "all I meant was...." That is not all you said and you know it. The part that is way out of bounds to me is the suggestion that our staff would waste two scholarships on undeserving players just because they're RN's buddies. We don't have scholarships to waste this year to start with, but more significantly, we don't roll that way. Sakerlina? Sure. All SOS has to do is yank their schollies next year. Problem solved.

It's just not a valid argument, IMO. Dabo would not offer a kid unless it were a legitimate need and the kid filled the order. I also doubt we found out about Gallman and Kamara only because we wanted RN. Dabo's good buddy is the Grayson coach. He would have had Dabo come look at all his D1 prospects whether RN had been in the picture, or not.

If we can have a calm chat without name calling......

Nov 4, 2012, 10:21 AM

I am of the opinion that package deals happen all the time in every major college school and I am 100% fine with this..........You appear to not agree with this and I have no problem with that......and I won't break you down for taking that position.

IF...IF....IF....this was a package deal....how would you feel about it?.... That is all

I actually believe Gallman and Kamara would both have

Nov 4, 2012, 11:37 AM

offers without RN. The only question might be Kamara, but we're losing DBs this year and that is a definite need. Conn no doubt communicates with Dabo about players he thinks we might want to see. My guess is, Kamara was completely under the radar at the time and Dabo and/or Jeff Scott and/or Coach Cheese liked him enough to offer him. Since then his stock has risen.

At the time, there were coots all over the country--some so-called journalists even--who jumped on Dabo with assumptions about cronyism. There is one thing of which I am certain re Dabo: he's not a Spurrier type. BTW, if Spurrier had gotten RN's commitment along with Gallman and Kamara, I think the buzz would have been all about his genius. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but SOS is worshiped while Dabo's motives are questioned.

I don't expect the same from a Clemson fan. Surely Dabo has impressed you with his integrity. No?

Re: All I know is we need RN!***

Nov 4, 2012, 10:08 AM [ in reply to All I know is we need RN!*** ]

We need good FB players, and there are plenty of them out there to go after that isn't commited to us or any body else. We could cetainly use Robert, but there are others we can use. Like some DB and CB. Go get us a complete stock of them Dabo;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Re: You Guys Are Comical...Really

Nov 4, 2012, 9:34 AM [ in reply to You Guys Are Comical...Really ]

With numbers (in recruiting) being as tight as they are, we would not have offered them if we did not need them. Running back and defensive back.

I have no problem with that....that is why I asked///

Nov 4, 2012, 9:35 AM

You know...a discussion....exchange of ideas...that old chestnut

that if far from all you said and/or the reason i commented.

Nov 4, 2012, 9:47 AM [ in reply to You Guys Are Comical...Really ]

RN is parading around like a peacock in a very public manner frankly crapping on us....

RN is playing "Hard Ball" to get the best deal, I am getting a little tired of walking on eggshells like I think many fans are about commenting on something that might offend him....Well...his actions are offensive to the Tiger Nation and for people to want to shut down as not to offend him is a shame.

I think he's just finally showing his feathers. He must be

Nov 4, 2012, 9:59 AM

a fairly talented troll to have made it this far without outing himself. Guy has to be a coot. No one can be so stupid as to flame like he did and say, "what? what did I say?."

So you just want a bunch of Fans think Rainbows and Unicorns

Nov 4, 2012, 10:05 AM

Call me whatever...I really don't care. I want RN to come to Clemson, but not if we have to sell our soul to the devil if you will.

Fans can have an honest difference of option without being a "coot"....

H3LL, I just ponied up and paid for a membership to T-net and I am being called a troll an a coot...LMAO

Re: So you just want a bunch of Fans think Rainbows and Unicorns

Nov 4, 2012, 10:23 AM

but not if we have to sell our soul to the devil if you will.

Right there is your whole argument in this entire thread. You are saying we did just that and if RN decommits, we should back out of the deal with the devil. Yeah, that sounds like a coot to me. Maybe you're not a coot, but you sure would like it over there with that kind of crap talk.

Gallman is one of the best RBs available in the whole SE. Sheesh. Kamara is an under-the-radar (well, not any more) DB prospect who is better than advertised, IMO.

And to answer your OP, NO, WE WOULDN'T TAKE AWAY THEIR SCHOLLIES BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE OFFERED BOTH ANYWAY.

It Took you a while but you came through......

Nov 4, 2012, 10:27 AM

And to answer your OP, NO, WE WOULDN'T TAKE AWAY THEIR SCHOLLIES BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE OFFERED BOTH ANYWAY.

Was it really that hard to answer a simple question?

Re: It Took you a while but you came through......

Nov 4, 2012, 11:39 AM

Had it been a "simple question" no, it wouldn't have been hard to answer. It was a loaded question full of innuendo.

Ok - if I answer you, will you shut up and move on to

Nov 4, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to You Guys Are Comical...Really ]

something else to stir up and troll ?

1. If we don't need them, we wouldn't have offered. I have seen no evidence of Dabo's character being inconsistent and malleable to current popular sentiment.

2. If we offered we must want / need them. So we should keep them.

3. As a rider to #1 - if we offered, we will honor OUR word. Otherwise, we would be no different than RN and what he is "doing" - that he hasn't even done !!!! He is still keeping his word.

Our coach has consistently shown the content of his character and I have no doubt we would keep our word to the others. And we should.

Can you move on now ??? Please ?

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Thank you...But

Nov 4, 2012, 10:29 AM

I wasn't the one that made this a flame war....you guys could just answered the question or ignored the whole topic and it would have faded away.....you had to go coot on me.....

I obviously struck a deep cord that no body wants to discuss

I just did. Do you want every Tnet poster to respond ?

Nov 4, 2012, 10:37 AM

Several have all said what I just said.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Why Dabo offer if RN backs out?

Nov 4, 2012, 9:42 AM

Your question makes no sense.

Don't waste your time

Nov 4, 2012, 9:44 AM

Most of the people on here ate complete idiots. Reasoning with them is a waste of your time. The questions asked here were valid ones.

I hope RN comes myself but if he doesn't then oh well. One player or two doesn't make or break a program. The grass always looks greener to a kid somewhere else.

And as far as his friends. Dabo won't pull anything IMO, they are good players. And Dabo is better than that. Integrity matters if you are to lead.

I do think RN should decide now though so we can fill his absence if he plans to decommit.

But anyway, like I said. These people on here, for the most part, are not worth arguing with. Just ignore the idiots.

can we include you as one of the 'most' after that comment?

Nov 4, 2012, 9:50 AM

or are you not a complete idiot?

Thank you....

Nov 4, 2012, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Don't waste your time ]

I was expecting more of responses like this rather than a Coot-like attack to a serious issue for fans that love Clemson...attacking rather than discussing is a coot-trait.

Another person with limited ability re reading comprehension

Nov 4, 2012, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Don't waste your time ]

Once again, the issue everyone has with the OP is this sentiment: "didn't Dabo "hook-up" 2 of his buddies"

That is an affront to me and totally worthy of all the corrective comments.

smh

Do you HONESTLY think RN buddies get offers without him?

Nov 4, 2012, 9:59 AM

seriously?

Message was edited by: The FIGHTINGDABOS®

Re: Do you HONESTLY think RN buddies get offers without him?

Nov 4, 2012, 10:03 AM

I dont know. They most likely would have but would they have gotten Clemson offers? Most likely not. Not that they arnt deserving but RNs recruiting certainly was the reason our attention was drawn to those players IMO . So in a sense you are correct. Now granted, they are good players but they may have ended up somewhere else otherwise.

after being talented and in a positions of need, i think

Nov 4, 2012, 11:48 PM

mickey conn had more to do with it.

I have No problem with package deals.....

Nov 4, 2012, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you HONESTLY think RN buddies get offers without him? ]

That comes with the territory. If we have to free up a fee spots for some people to get RN, I am fine with that.....I just want RN to live up to that and understand that it's a 2 way street

I'm going to type this very slowly so you might be able to

Nov 4, 2012, 10:27 AM

understand. There is no "package deal" for RN to "live up to." He was offered a scholarship. He committed. That is the only "deal" he should "live up to."

hth

Ok..I accept your POV....without malice....Be cool***

Nov 4, 2012, 10:30 AM

Re: Ok..I accept your POV....without malice....Be cool***

Nov 4, 2012, 10:39 AM

No problem. TU

BTW, I do trust our staff to be sincere. It would be a shock and huge disappointment to me if this whole matter with the Grayson trio were a deal brokered for the sole purpose of securing RN's "services." I'm a firm believer in Dabo's belief that Clemson sells itself.

The whole issue with RN right now is his mother. Maybe she's 100% genuine in her reported desire to see her boys play together. If there is something shady going on, however, I would be totally shocked if the shadiness were on Dabo's part and not the mom's.

If all parties involved are 100% genuine, RN will likely be a tiger. If RN goes to Ole Miss or elsewhere, however, our commitment to Gallman, Kamara and the QB transfer is good as gold. You can count on that.

Nov 4, 2012, 10:11 AM

I would withdraw it now and say make your decision on signing day. Good luck.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Respectfully disagree.....

Nov 4, 2012, 10:15 AM

I wouldn't go that far because we need RN...But I would make him AND his 2 friends aware that it is all or nothing if these 2 guys are replaceable by better people....I would like to see his 2 buddies ride him about there future as well since they are on his coat-tails

Re: I Respectfully disagree.....

Nov 4, 2012, 10:20 AM

I'm just tired of hearing about it. Either he is a tiger or he is not. Right now I feel like he is not a tiger. I also feel like his mom is the reason he is saying a lot of this stuff. Best thing for RN is to decommit take his visits and then decide for himself where he wants to go to school.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See...I think He wants to be a Tiger....

Nov 4, 2012, 10:23 AM

But a time comes to play harder ball......that is why I invoked (with a lot of heat) his 2 friends.....We have been dancing around as to not offend him and we are now a top 10 program and Ole Miss is not even close.........This is when we have to go for the hard close

And that is where we completely disagree. You think

Nov 4, 2012, 10:31 AM

Dabo and SOS are cut from the same bolt of cloth.

smh

No I don't...I think I was seeking validation and got jumped

Nov 4, 2012, 10:34 AM

I fully admit to occasionally wearing my frustration out in public a little to much.......In the last week I have seen a lot of RN stuff in the media and it feels to me that he is flipping us off...I come here to perhaps look for a little support for fellow Tigers and got jumped....

Don't you see this guy being a little too Cavalier about this?

Re: No I don't...I think I was seeking validation and got jumped

Nov 4, 2012, 10:46 AM

I see a kid who loves his mother and feels pulled in two directions. I think RN made a valid commitment--not a brokered deal--and really wants to come to Clemson. It's his mother I get a bad feeling about. Personally, I think it will all shake out and RN will be a tiger. If not, the rest will come here and do well.

No he can't do that. That would be a public admission

Nov 4, 2012, 10:14 AM

that he only offered RN's teammates as a way to lure RN himself. Our staff has stated numerous times that that isn't the case.

Not to the mention the screw-job we would be giving the other Grayson guys. We would never land another kid from that school.

That would just be a horrible, horrible black eye for Dabo and our staff.

Good Comment!....What About the Grayson HC?

Nov 4, 2012, 10:18 AM

He has a skin in this game too....I wonder how he would feel if Dabo started looking elsewhere...I honestly don't know that relationship

See...this is a good conversation..we can talk it out....in a NON-coot-like manner

I agree. It's time Dabo says either put up or shut up....***

Nov 4, 2012, 10:17 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's easy to sit here and say that, but the fallout would

Nov 4, 2012, 10:22 AM

be really bad. The media would catch wind quickly and the smear stories would start and Dabo would be made into a villain for pulling the scholarships of Gallman and the other guys.

so i'm clear, you think dabo wasn't sincere when he said

Nov 4, 2012, 10:26 AM

all the grayson kids were offered based on their individual talents/abilities and not as some deal?

I don't know if he was sincere or not, but if he pulls

Nov 4, 2012, 10:29 AM

their offers because he's upset with RN (which i think was the topic of discussion here) it will definitely come across that way to outside observers.

Well in business, you sometimes offer a smaller company

Nov 4, 2012, 10:40 AM

to get the bigger company. Knowing the smaller company is gonna cost you money. However, if the bigger company decides to go another direction, you surely don't keep the offer on the smaller one knowing you aren't gonna get anything out of it.

I am so tired of hearing about smear stories and etc. Do you think Nick Saban gives a crap about that? I bet if he had some mom and her kid running them around, he would be like peace out girl scout. Can find another one just like you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok, i didn't get that from your post. i'm aware of 2 recent

Nov 4, 2012, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I don't know if he was sincere or not, but if he pulls ]

what some might consider package deals involving cu.

darrel smith, dre kirkpatrick's teammate in gadsen, ala and current cu tiger.

daniel andrews, jamie harper's teammate at trinity in jax, fla.

both those players weren't going to be counted on for 3-4 years before contributing.

both were looked upon by the 'experts' as 2 stars or less.

i simply don't see how anyone can relate gallman and/or kamara to smith and/or andrews.

Whoa, there, pardner. Back that team up a bit.

Nov 4, 2012, 1:04 PM

Darrell Smith came in the Dandy Dozen class. Dre was not a scholarship player in that class.

I can see where you might make that claim about Daniel Andrews. He was not ranked and did come in 2010 with a scholarship.

Re: Whoa, there, pardner. Back that team up a bit.

Nov 4, 2012, 1:27 PM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/commitments/2009/clemson-1

http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/commitments/2009/alabama-73

i did it out of memory, but for you bene, i looked it up.

daniel came in 2008 with jamie.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/football/recruiting/commitments/2008/clemson-1

Nov 4, 2012, 2:16 PM

That's exactly what I was saying, except I said 2010 instead of 2008. Where do you get that about Dre?

dre and darrell, same class, same hs.***

Nov 4, 2012, 2:19 PM

Re: dre and darrell, same class, same hs.***

Nov 4, 2012, 2:28 PM

Are you suggesting we offered Darrell only because we were trying to get Dre? Not sure I agree. BTW, was there some public comment about Jamie Harper committing only if we offered Andrews? I don't remember anything like that.

Often times, when a high profile athlete is being recruited, some under-the-radar kid gets noticed.

we absolutely offered darrell to help get dre. you first

Nov 4, 2012, 2:30 PM

said they weren't in the same class and that was wrong too.

:)

yes, the coach was pimpin darrell to a lot of schools that were there to see dre.

how many offered?

Re: we absolutely offered darrell to help get dre. you first

Nov 4, 2012, 2:34 PM

I meant Dre was not part of our 2009 class. So, if you think we got "stuck" with Darrell, I'd say you're wrong. He was a beast last night. We wanted him or we wouldn't have offered, IMO.

like i said about these kind of deals, the players usually

Nov 4, 2012, 2:37 PM

aren't expected to contribute for years.

just because dre didn't commit, doesn't mean the staff didn't offer darrell to help with dre's recruitment... they did.

there are a lot of 2 star 6'2", 240 lbs out there. they didn't need to go to alabama to find one.

which is the antithesis of kamara and gallman who will be counted on early.

Nov 4, 2012, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Whoa, there, pardner. Back that team up a bit. ]

Darrell Smith came in the Dandy Dozen class. Dre was not a scholarship player in that class.

^^^^ this, what you said, is wrong.

Nov 4, 2012, 2:32 PM

What part is wrong? Darrell came in 2009 class. Dre was not part of that class.

they were in the same class, both 2009.***

Nov 4, 2012, 2:34 PM

Re: they were in the same class, both 2009.***

Nov 4, 2012, 2:36 PM

Except that Dre went to Bama. Sure, we wanted him like everyone else. I still maintain we wanted Darrell or we wouldn't have offered him.

ok.***

Nov 4, 2012, 2:41 PM

put up or shut up.. I guess you feel the same about Adams

Nov 4, 2012, 1:26 PM [ in reply to I agree. It's time Dabo says either put up or shut up....*** ]

Montravius Adams

Dabo is obviously holding a scholly for Adams, but since Adams has not made a decision you feel we should just give that scholly to someone else.

At least RN has stated his intentions and desire to play for Clemson.
Adams has not even done that, yet we are holding a roster spot for him

Crowder & Alexander also

That would be dumb on Dabo's part

Nov 4, 2012, 12:50 PM

You don't punish other players for one's decision. They are great athletes on their part. Were they recruited partly because of Nkemdiche...maybe, but Dabo would turn off a lot of other recruits interested in Clemson if he did such a classless move.

I for one don't want Dabo to start carrying monikers on par with Richt and Saban...

Replies: 89
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic