Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
8-4 over the last 12 will get us in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,725

8-4 over the last 12 will get us in

Jan 17, 2016, 3:36 PM

7 games on the road and 5 at home.
4 games against very good teams, 2 UVA, Pitt and ND.
It's going to be tough but if they continue the play of
late it can be done.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect no less than an invite to the NIT.

Jan 17, 2016, 3:43 PM

NCAA would be great. The team is playing with a lot of fire ! Proud of those Tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 8-4 over the last 12 will get us in

Jan 17, 2016, 4:39 PM

8-4 will not get you in unless you win a couple of tournament games.Clemson lost 5 non conference games,including a one point loss to Bama which handed the coots a double digit loss.
Not winning any of those games against the power five conferences hurt.

You are out of your mind

Jan 17, 2016, 4:53 PM

8-4 means we are 13-5 in the ACC. That's not only in, that's a 5 seed or better

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Jan 17, 2016, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: 8-4 over the last 12 will get us in ]

Wrong. Just plain wrong.

8-4 and we'd be in without even sweating.

7-5 probably the same thing. 19 wins in the regular season and we're going to be looking strong. We already have 3 Top 25 wins, carries a LOAD of significance.

Jan 17, 2016, 5:44 PM

12-6 in the ACC would look pretty
But let's win 20 that looks better

Jan 17, 2016, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 8-4 over the last 12 will get us in ]

It will get us in and not on the bubble either.

Respectfully disagree, at least in this case...

Jan 17, 2016, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: 8-4 over the last 12 will get us in ]

Assuming the guys finish the regular season 8-4, that would be 13-5 in conference, easily a Top 4 spot given our tiebreakers over Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, etc.

With a top four we get 2 days to rest going into the tourney, and our style would wear down whoever we saw in game 1.

I understand your thinking, Leftie, and usually I'd agree ... a team with some of the just plain ugly losses we had in December has no business thinking Dance. BUT ... a team that had the ugly losses we had shouldn't be whipping the guys we've been whipping this past month, either.

My expectation is IF Clemson continues on this pace, snags a Top 4 seed in the tourney and gets a win in the tourney, the committee would look at us like a team that had some injuries early on.

They can't totally overlook the early sledding, but neither could they ignore a Power 5 team that won 14 of its last 20 with multiple Top 20 wins. We might end up a 9 seed, but we'd be there.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think 13-5 in the ACC gets us in?!?

Jan 17, 2016, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: 8-4 over the last 12 will get us in ]

No selection committee, in the history of selection committees, would keep us out of the tournament with that kind of ACC record. The several bad non-conference losses (which aren't awful - they are to power 5 teams) will be a distant memory by then. Heck, they almost already are.

It's almost like you don't want us to make it in. I hope I'm wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Also, lets not forget Va Tech

Jan 17, 2016, 4:44 PM

They too are having a good run and if we "all" keep it up, the winner of that game will see a good boost to the 'ol rpu/bpi/what ESPN thinks ...

Really, the selection committee puts more weight on on how you've playing lately, and if a given team has been "tearing it up" for the last two months, the early OOC play is treated not nearly as significantly. They want teams who are playing well NOW (at time of selection), not who were hot in November and not currently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always fighting an uphill battle b/c #### away games in Dec***

Jan 17, 2016, 5:12 PM

With our remaining schedule, I will gladly take 7-5 plus one

Jan 17, 2016, 8:29 PM

in the tourney, and I believe that will easily get us in. Seven of last 12 are on the road, so that will be tough, but if we keep playing well, we can do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With our remaining schedule, I will gladly take 7-5 plus one

Jan 17, 2016, 11:25 PM

7-5 should be enough to get us in.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic