Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At the risk of being called a coot, I will point out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

At the risk of being called a coot, I will point out

Oct 19, 2014, 8:35 AM

What should be going through Dabo's head these days.

Chad is the highest paid O coordinators in the country. He has had 4+ years to build his offense. He has the resources to recruit top tier talent. It is his job to then coach them up. And no, he is not immune to the injury bug, but neither is anyone else.

Yet there are plenty of other offenses out there with lesser talent and lower paid O coordinators who have as good our better offensive performance as we do when Cole is at the helm.

Who's fault is it that our O line is anemic? Who's fault is it that our only QB option is Cole (if folks think Cole is not very good - but I happen to think he is just fine)?

At some point, folks need to stop making excuses for Chad. It is HIS offense. And this is how Dabo should be judging it too. And if it is going to continue to be this anemic, either Dabo needs to make a change or it reflects on Dabo.

I appreciate what Chad has done thus far and to get us out of a ditch offensively, but he also had the benefit of some pretty awesome talent to lean on in those early years that he didn't necessarily recruit.

Now he needs to show that he can do it with HIS recruits at this level. So far, without DW being superman, it appears he can't.

He still has 5 games (maybe 6) to prove otherwise, but Dabo and company can certainly get these results from a lower paid O coordinator and Chad needs to comprehend that criticism and as he says about his players who hit a wall, push through the wall!

It is time for Chad to practice what HE preaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At the risk of being called a coot, I will point out

Oct 19, 2014, 8:39 AM

It's time for you to go listen to some real preaching. Sounds like you need it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear ha... ??

Oct 19, 2014, 8:42 AM

It is mortally frustrating to see the team struggle offensively like this when we supposed have the most creative offensive guru today as our O coordinator.

Something is just not adding up.

Re: I hear ha... ??

Oct 19, 2014, 8:46 AM

Try a calculator

Re: At the risk of being called a coot, I will point out

Oct 19, 2014, 8:40 AM

Bask in the glow of a win!!!!!!

Tell 'em Coot

Oct 19, 2014, 8:44 AM

AmIdoingitright?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love ya man!***

Oct 19, 2014, 8:48 AM

You are not a coot. However it doesn't appear as if you

are really paying much attention. We have a multitude of issues, such as Chad Kelly being kicked off the team (FSU handles things differently), an injured Deshaun Watson, an injured Zac Broooks, and a terribly banged up line. O and by the way we are winning. The injury bug is real and if you think it doesn't affect all teams you should spend more time following football in general. No one is 100 percent perfect but Chad Morris and Brent Venables are outstanding coordinators.

Re: You are not a coot. However it doesn't appear as if you***

Oct 19, 2014, 8:50 AM

who recruited Chad Kelly?

Oct 19, 2014, 8:55 AM

And as I said, the injury bug hits all teams, so we areno different than any other team on that front.

Having sufficient backups is also part of his job. If we are more injury prone than most, then he needs to address that too. Is it our training approach? Is it our equipment?

Sorry, but all these things lead back to the coach.

Yes, injury bug hits all teams.

Oct 19, 2014, 9:26 AM

Yet we continue to win...and you whine about it.

Move along capon, move along.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

not whining, just pointing out that Chad's stock on the

Oct 19, 2014, 9:32 AM

Market is taking a serious hit.

Re: not whining, just pointing out that Chad's stock on the

Oct 19, 2014, 9:35 AM

Chad is just fine but I'm sure he appreciates your concern.

Dabo should take $400k from Chad and give it to coach V

Oct 19, 2014, 9:56 AM

As a reward for how Coach V is getting it done.

If Chad's O knocks it out of the park next year and Coach V's D takes a serious step back (it will have to take a small step back when you lose what we are losing, but it shouldn't fall off a cliff), then shift that $$ back to Chad.

There needs to be consequences when you under perform in a significant way. I'm not advocating firing, but something to show it is unacceptable to not have some modicum of consistently performing at a high level.

My guess is you are in a 100% commission job...

Oct 19, 2014, 10:03 AM

...and don't quite understand much about interaction among team/co-workers.

Good try though, but your backpedaling now is noticeable.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

i believe in pay being tied to performance... That's all***

Oct 19, 2014, 10:07 AM

Nah Nothing to do with pitching the ball back 6 yards to get

Oct 19, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to You are not a coot. However it doesn't appear as if you ]

inches

Re: Nah Nothing to do with pitching the ball back 6 yards to get

Oct 19, 2014, 9:01 AM

Fire Brian Kelly...4th and inches shotgun...oh wait, first down

You're supposed to go with the High % of working plays***

Oct 19, 2014, 9:03 AM

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack

Oct 19, 2014, 9:53 AM

smh

About his 200th handle through the years.

Oct 19, 2014, 10:04 AM

His ineptitude is fun to watch however...

BTW - he still thinks two college football games in a row in Atlanta cripples the cities hotel capacity.

We're going way back on this idiot...lol

nothing like giving up over 200 yards rushing to an FCS team

Oct 19, 2014, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Nah Nothing to do with pitching the ball back 6 yards to get ]

when you have to play Auburn this coming week

young talent, inexperienced QB, questionable top-side RBs,

not the greatest OL we've ever had.

yada, yada, yada.

Boring post, limited thought process, poor understanding of the game, lacking in fundamentals of team concepts.

Check the mirror dude.

I think you are unreasonable

Oct 19, 2014, 8:52 AM

Morris offenses are consistently top 10 offense last 3-4 years. His offence fires on all cylinders when you have a dynamic dual threat QB. He did that with Boyd and with Watson. Drop back passing QB like Cole does not fit into his scheme.

We put up huge numbers with Watson in game with same talent around. The problem this year is our lack of RB threat. We were all fooled thinking we had deepest RB roster with 4 or 5 people fighting for starting job. It turns out they were all pretty average to above average RBs. There is no James Davis, Ellington, Spiller and Hot Rob in our ranks at the moment. Add in with the lack of depth at OL. These things will work out as we are bringing in huge class full of high level lineman.

This criticism of Morris is baseless and not justified.

Point taken...

Oct 19, 2014, 9:00 AM

But who recruited those RBs and linemen? Who recruited the backup QBs in case DW didn't work out?

I'm just pointing out, you can excuse up to a point, but at some point, Chad needs to show he can coach up an average talent level team if he is going to command $1.3MM/year.

Just saying.

Finding talent is not science.

Oct 19, 2014, 9:19 AM

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't there many top notch recruits who fail everywhere. Look at Florida, their roster is choke full of blue chippers and yet they suck absolutely worst. Our RB's weren't just wanted by Clemson, many top programs were after them. It happens all the time. We are just unlucky this year. You can't blame that on Chad.

Ughghhh Mr. Rooster. The backups to DW, if he doesn't work

Oct 19, 2014, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Point taken... ]

out, as you say, will be, two guys named Tucker and Kelly. DW was recruited to be the back up to Cole, and he has turned out to be pretty good. On the other hand, the guy that was recruited to be the back up to your QB, is now the back up to a walk-on..........And, y'all will be sick of Tigers by the end of THIS year!

Re: Ughghhh Mr. Rooster. The backups to DW, if he doesn't work

Oct 19, 2014, 9:40 AM

Oh yes!!! Mitch looked good yesterday. If only he had fallen on that drop back! He's nothing but grace and skill. Connor Mitch is a poor mans Dylan Thompson.

Ya SEE there are a good many here that think THE Chad

Oct 19, 2014, 8:56 AM

is Jesus and can walk on water. Do not question the Lord Chad or you will burn in the Lake of Cootland for ever and ever and ever

Re: Ya SEE there are a good many here that think THE Chad

Oct 19, 2014, 9:14 AM

I have been a Tiger fan longer than most on here have been alive. But, I have noticed when we play any team with a decent D we average about 17 points a game with this offence. We call the qb draw most of the time on 3rd and 2 or less. I see it, and even call it coming. If I see this, the other team does as well. Chad needs to change it up some.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Oct 19, 2014, 9:42 AM

My cousin and I were watching the game together and he was calling exactly the play Chad would run on 1st down and 3rd down at an accuracy rate of 80%. If he can see it that predictably, the other team can too.

This is the biggest question mark with Chad's O this year in my book.

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack

Oct 19, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Ya SEE there are a good many here that think THE Chad ]

so sad

I hope you use a condom when you find your ghey luver

Oct 19, 2014, 9:57 AM

Don't want your stalking seed spreading anywhere haha

Re: I hope you use a condom when you find your ghey luver

Oct 19, 2014, 10:00 AM

?Misspelled tigrfanjack

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Boy the Coots/Haters want CM gone fast before next year LOL***

Oct 19, 2014, 9:15 AM

Re: Boy the Coots/Haters want CM gone fast before next year LOL***

Oct 19, 2014, 9:19 AM

They know that Chad is gonna torch their D. Furman should have had 21 in 1st qtr. Auburn may score 100.

Why would they be worried about Chad? He hasn't shown

Oct 19, 2014, 10:01 AM

anything since he started here that would scare them.

the COOTS love Chad and want him to stay forever

Oct 19, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Boy the Coots/Haters want CM gone fast before next year LOL*** ]

Just like anti-Dallas fans want Romo to stay at Dalls forever.

Stoudt wasn't Morris' recruit. He didn't cause Chad Kelly..

Oct 19, 2014, 9:17 AM

to get himself kicked off the team. Morris doesn't coach the oline. You don't have a clue.

Morris is responsible for the o-line coach and recruiting

Oct 19, 2014, 9:50 AM

Kids with the character and skill to at least not get themselves kicked off the team.

He may not have recruited Cole, but he didn't see that Cole wasn't going to cut it while Tajh was QB and recruit accordingly for contingency?

He didn't see character troubles ahead with Kelly until it was too late? After all, most on Tnet saw warning signs with the way Kelly was acting early on. What he said about Stoudt before he even enrolled was sufficient to say he was going to be trouble in the locker room chemistry.

Folks need to stop excusing accountability for Chad. His grade this year is a C- at best.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic