Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson earns first place vote in Coaches Poll, remains at No. 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson earns first place vote in Coaches Poll, remains at No. 4

Sep 29, 2013, 12:43 PM

Clemson earns first place vote in Coaches Poll, remains at No. 4

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Krauts...***

Sep 29, 2013, 12:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only poll that matters when BCS comes out***

Sep 29, 2013, 12:45 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harris Poll matters too.***

Sep 29, 2013, 2:10 PM

Re: The only poll that matters when BCS comes out***

Sep 29, 2013, 8:34 PM [ in reply to The only poll that matters when BCS comes out*** ]

Not the only poll that matters. There are many watching these things, and some recruits and their HS coaches are taking note of who is on the radar, too. While, I submit that the last poll is the one that tells the tale of the tape, our name on these polls is a good thing in many ways, just like being omitted from them certainly is not helpful at all. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope computers like our SOS b/c OSU likely goes undefeated

Sep 29, 2013, 2:05 PM

If Northwestern doesn't beat OSU at Northwestern this weekend, I think OSU goes undefeated. Michigan won't even give them a game and I doubt they'll lose the Big10 championship game.

If Clemson were to go undefeated, I think Clemson would have clearly had the better resume, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us on the outside looking in.

Re: Hope computers like our SOS b/c OSU likely goes undefeated

Sep 29, 2013, 8:39 PM

Once again, Razz, I agree with you (and as you know, sometimes I don't. We suffer from the lack of historical national significance associated with many programs like OSU, ND, etc. All we can do is win our games convincingly and hope that objective minds judge us accordingly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, just win. Here's why...

Sep 29, 2013, 2:19 PM

There have only been 14 undefeated teams in the last 12 seasons. Only 3 years in the last 12 have there been multiple teams undefeted.

The likelihood of all 4 teams being undefeated at the end of the year is almost a 0% chance. IF we win, we WILL play for the NC as we will have defeated FOUR top 15 teams and possibly another 1-2 top 25 (NCSU, MD, GT). That's a better schedule than ANY of the three teams ahead of us.

Relax. Just win.

You are forgetting that a 1 lose SEC is an undefeated team.

Sep 29, 2013, 2:31 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Several years of undefeated onlookers. 5 undefeated in 2009.

Sep 29, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Again, just win. Here's why... ]

It varies from year to year, but looking at the top dogs' schedules and the play so far THIS SEASON, I could easily see 3-5 undefeated teams at the end of the season-- Bama, OSU, the winner of Oregon@Stanford, the ACC champ, Louisville, & Oklahoma.

Check out all the deserving (sometimes undefeated) teams that were excluded from the BCSNCG...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_National_Championship_Game#Criticisms_and_controversy

Re: Again, just win. Here's why...

Sep 29, 2013, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Again, just win. Here's why... ]

Good points SE-Tiger!

Ohio St @ #3 bc beating Wisconsin is much more impressive

Sep 29, 2013, 2:30 PM

than a win against UGA. smh

The truth is the pollsters are protecting Ohios St, due to their weak schedule that the BCS System will penalize them for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Historically, to the coaches, winning is all that matters

Sep 29, 2013, 3:07 PM

Several coaches have publicly stated they don't jump teams that continue to win. The end result is all that matters to them outside of some very specific circumstances. Short version, we show up every week and get our job done and we'll be in good shape - the jumps in the polls will come as attrition claims those ahead of us. Better teams than those ahead (no disrespect) have lost to lesser foes in years past.

As was stated above, statistically, the rest of things tend to work themselves out. Control what we can and don't worry about the rest (yes, I know that's the fun of being here)... Go Tigers!

Re: Ohio St @ #3 bc beating Wisconsin is much more impressive

Sep 29, 2013, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Ohio St @ #3 bc beating Wisconsin is much more impressive ]

As they, the pollsters) protect the sec. What other conference team would only drop 2 spots after a loss like AL did after losing at home to LSU a couple of years ago? I dare say, none. Most would have fallen too far away to have recovered from. And yes I understand that AL came back and won the NC convincingly. The point is that most, probably not a single one, would have had the chance to play in the NC game after a loss that close to the end of the season.

Re: Football Update: Clemson earns first place vote in Coaches Poll, remains at No. 4

Sep 29, 2013, 6:15 PM

LSU will beat BAMA. We just have to win out.

It only matters if you win is BS

Sep 29, 2013, 8:56 PM

This attitude put a ND team that probably shouldn't have been in the top ten in a championship. Think about this Louisville will probably not drop a game this year will they play this year? Nope. OSU's schedule isn't much better than theirs. So who you play and how you play does matter. Unless you have it gifted to you already based on perception. No doubt in my mind my top 5 is Oregon Clemson Alabama Georgia Ohio state

Re: It only matters if you win is BS

Sep 30, 2013, 12:39 AM

couldn't have said it better myself ... Oregon I the ONLY team that I think Clemson on a good day and Oregon on a good day, oregon may take it, they re jut plain scary. I'm confident that on a good day, Clemson could beat anybody, but Oregon is the last team i'd wanna see them face.

I bet Grobe voted us no. 1. What do ya think?***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:57 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic