»
Topic: Any guarantee CFP committee pushes selection back to 12/20?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 16, 2020 3:59 PM by: OrangeExpress®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Any guarantee CFP committee pushes selection back to 12/20?

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:18 AM

Like the Bucknuts want? Like others are saying, I feel like the Big 10 has zero margin for error when it comes to putting a team in the CFP: no byes, no OOC, can't delay games, can't cancel because of COVID, have to pray the committee is flexible. That last one is what they should be the most worried about, IMO. It is a weird season and the committee will understand that flexibility is important, but still. Looking at VT, I don't think a scenario is out of the question where OSWho cancels two games, one being Penn State, and then the B10 championship isn't played. How could the committee grant 6-0 OSWho, with one low ranked win, a spot over the #2 SEC team, with a loss but three strong ranked wins, to join Clemson, Oklahoma and the #1 SEC team in the playoffs?

All I know is this: gonna be a lot of upset people in December. Mostly Bucknut fans IF they make the CFP and find out they have to play Daddy Clemson again.

2020 white level member

Message removed by Author

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:24 AM

Message removed by Author

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

True, but I'm only talking about selection being on 12/20

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:29 AM

Is two weeks is enough time to prepare the New Year's Six bowls? Or maybe the playoffs will go into January? Who's to say?

2020 white level member

Gotcha***

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:30 AM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Most likely answer is yes they will move back a week....

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:30 AM

But the right answer should be No

They made a decision not to play just over a month ago. The ACC, SEC, Big12 decide to play. They rolled the dice and lost the roll, now they are playing chase and it’s just not going to work as easily as they plan. This will get interesting and we all know Coach Dabo will have a say about it.

Not worried about any B1G team anyway. Last year OSU was MUCH better than what they have this year. They will not be in our class, but if they need another whipping our a Tigers will be ready ????

Haven't they already announced it was going to be 12/20 this

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:36 AM

year? The ACCCG could be on 12/19 this year so the Playoff Committee circled the 20th already.

I think they would've pushed it back TO 12/20 for OSU but I don't think they will push it past 12/20. I think the Big 10 is working with 9 weeks to play however many games.

Part of me wants OSU to go like 6-0 and get left out. Another part of me wants them to get in and have us beat them again!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

You are 100% correct. Hadn't seen that.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:39 AM

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news/2020/8/5/2021-schedule-changes.aspx

2020 white level member

Re: Any guarantee CFP committee pushes selection back to 12/20?

[1]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 11:38 AM

This CFP season is going to have more Conspiracy Theories than the JFK deal...

2020 white level member

Re: Any guarantee CFP committee pushes selection back to 12/20?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 3:39 PM

I think we should just hope to win the next game and maybe the one after that. Somebody else is actually getting paid to worry about all the things you are twisted up over.

2020 purple level member

They’ll let the B1G in even if their “season” starts 12/13/20***

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 3:59 PM

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”

? John Wayne

Replies: 9  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
757 people have read this post