Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You Know, The SEC Really IS Over-Rated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

You Know, The SEC Really IS Over-Rated

Jan 3, 2013, 12:13 AM

Again, these opinion polls that make up ranking are biased towards the SEC .... without writing book, we really do need a true playoff. "Sugar Bowl" game where 21 ranked Louisville beats #3 ranked Florida is THE example...

One more time

16 team playoff
Winner of each FBS Conference automatically in (11 teams) +
5 wildcards (based on the beloved opinion polls/ranking)

The smorgasbord of Bowls can be used for playoff sites

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only because ESPN has a lot of money invested in

Jan 3, 2013, 12:15 AM

them. Always, follow the money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only because ESPN has a lot of money invested in

Jan 3, 2013, 12:17 AM

I didn't realize the SEC was the only conference that had a contract with ESPN. Oh wait.

Re: They have to hype their biggest stake. You need to

Jan 3, 2013, 12:19 AM

think about it. Which is higher 4 or5?

Re: They have to hype their biggest stake. You need to

Jan 3, 2013, 12:22 AM

My point is its ridiculous to think there is some massive conspiracy. ESPN pays ACC schools more than they do SEC (A lot of our money is from the CBS contract). You really think they don't want the ACC to succeed?

ESPN is just following the storylines that existed already.

Re: Get lost, Coot.***

Jan 3, 2013, 12:26 AM

Jan 3, 2013, 12:27 AM

Lol. Just admit your argument is pretty lame

Re: Nae, you are too dumb to argue with.***

Jan 3, 2013, 12:31 AM

He's just oblivious to the obvious.***

Jan 3, 2013, 12:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nae, you are too dumb to argue with.***

Jan 3, 2013, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Nae, you are too dumb to argue with.*** ]

Because I don't believe in conspiracies?

Jan 3, 2013, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Get lost, Coot.*** ]

He has a very plausible argument. I could write a book how the self fulfilling prophesy works year after year. One point is that Tennessee after two weeks into this year are ranked 23 and lose to #18 Florida and then proceeds to lose 7 of the next 9 weeks. Really? Tennessee ranked 23 and a loss helps catapult Florida to the top of the polls. The story line is set. It is just a matter of time and 6 of the top 10 teams are in the SEC. ESPN announcers have contracts and those contracts are paid for by the Billion dollar contract ESPN has with the SEC. Just to make it interesting I would like to give a simple reading and writing test to the players before they can play in a bowl game to be eligible. SEC wouldn't win another bowl game ever!

16 is too many. 8 would be just right.

Jan 3, 2013, 12:16 AM

With 8 teams, you have 2 weeks of playoffs. You don't affect the other bowl games (only the BCS lineup) and you simply use the results of the 2 week playoff to figure out who goes to the championship.

With 16 teams, you're starting to get into overkill territory, you'll take up too many weeks for playoffs, and you'll affect the other bowls. The Peach Bowl, for example.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peach Bowl Would Be A Playoff Site

Jan 3, 2013, 12:20 AM

Like, could be used for the quarter finals or something

I don't believe the bowls would ever agree to being used

Jan 3, 2013, 12:22 AM

as playoff sites. I could be wrong but I just really don't think that would ever fly. Now next year with the 1 extra game, maybe so. But not for a quarter-final.

I bet a Bowl would LOVE to be a playoff site

Jan 3, 2013, 12:37 AM

The Football Playoff would eclipse Basketball's "March Madness", $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Re: I bet a Bowl would LOVE to be a playoff site

Jan 3, 2013, 1:03 AM

Agree w/ 16. Would be a HUGE $$maker for everybody involved, and Cinderella would get a shot at the ball. EVERY other level of FB (HS, college, and pro) has at least that many teams in a playoff format; make it work before I'm too old to notice...

of course they would agree to that

Jan 3, 2013, 3:19 PM [ in reply to I don't believe the bowls would ever agree to being used ]

have you seen how many empty seats there has been in every bowl game this year? Playoff games would mean a lot more than just a bowl game.

Re: You Know, The SEC Really IS Over-Rated

Jan 3, 2013, 3:06 PM

if the sec is so over rated,, why the huge celebration by dabo and the all you fans by beating the 4th best sec team?? why the constant calls on here to join the sec?? you make us look like dummies

Re: You Know, The SEC Really IS Over-Rated

Jan 3, 2013, 3:40 PM

SEC definitely isn't as strong this year but name a conference that's better?

The facts are that over the last 10 years the SEC has dominated recruiting, had more first round draft picks and more players overall to the NFL than any conference and won the last 6 National Championships.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic