Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love the cuts to the federal programs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 385

Love the cuts to the federal programs

Mar 16, 2017, 8:49 AM

PBS is useless today.
Also to the art programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Education needs serial cuts or elimination entirely***

Mar 16, 2017, 8:54 AM

Can't wait to see just how far the cuts go.***

Mar 16, 2017, 9:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lindsey already said his cuts will not pass congress, lol

Mar 16, 2017, 9:10 AM

i hate that guy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congress didn't institute the economy crippling regs.

Mar 16, 2017, 1:05 PM

Half the problem is the Heads of Department appointed by previous POTUSes. Much of the remainder can be ignored and left unenforced.

'There's a way to skin any cat.' CT88's granny

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet no cuts to defense.

Mar 16, 2017, 9:40 AM

Which is a department that's, what, never had an audit?

I'm sure there's no wasteful spending there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'd be on board if he cut defense spending

Mar 16, 2017, 9:59 AM

even more on board if he cut the entitlements. but I really dont have a problem with any of these cuts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. Military spending presents, ironically, a target-rich environment.

Mar 16, 2017, 10:08 AM

The difference being that national defense is a function of the federal government and the entitlement programs are arguably not. But nothing really should escape severe scrutiny when a country is $20 trillion in debt and has a half trillion dollar budget deficit.

null

I'd be happy if we taxpayers were...

Mar 16, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to I'd be on board if he cut defense spending ]

getting our money's worth.

When I complained about waste to one particular boss he told me to fire half my workers and put the other half to work. That's exactly what we need for our defense budget. Cut the fat and make sure we're getting three hammers for 35 bucks instead of paying 35 bucks for one.

I don't mind spending when it's effective. Waste wads my panties.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Love em a lot more if entitlements and defense saw cuts.***

Mar 16, 2017, 10:20 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing has been cut, right?

Mar 16, 2017, 10:35 AM

It's basically just the administration's suggestion?

Re: Nothing has been cut, right?

Mar 16, 2017, 11:01 AM

Yes. Still has to be voted on. Let's see how fiscally conservative these jerks are.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Is the first time "love the cut" and Trump have been associated?***

Mar 16, 2017, 11:19 AM

null

The backward thinking by Trump & most politicians is sad.

Mar 16, 2017, 11:26 AM

The United States has fallen behind in science, math, engineering, R&D and technology in general - from the PhD level to the technician level. For the most part, our politicians are unaware.

There is talk of bringing back manufacturing but automation makes it much less labor intensive. Much of the automation and state of the art equipment is developed in Germany, Japan _ even France, Italy or China. Not only do we not manufacture the high tech equipment /automation assets, we do not have the technical competence to maintain and in some instances operate it. Maintenance in many cases is outsourced to a foreign OEM's.

The US is strong in Finance because of our wealth but that that is not enough to reinvigorate the middle class, especially the blue collar workforce. Construction fueled by infrastructure can provide a temporary panacea.

Part of our future should be based on R&D and the resultant new technology. A highly skilled workforce in science, math, engineering and technology is required. Government policy seems to miss this aspect of future economic growth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't really tell what specifically you're lamenting or

Mar 16, 2017, 11:30 AM

what policy you are calling for here.

null

I think he is lamenting our gov't free education.***

Mar 16, 2017, 11:53 AM

Re: I think he is lamenting our gov't free education.***

Mar 16, 2017, 1:23 PM

I think the problem he's accurately point out is that our educational system is failing not only at the elementary levels but also failing the sciences and technological need for now and the future.

Many private colleges amount to no more than daycare for kids with rich parents or are willing to sign their lives away for a liberal arts degree.

Nobody claims our elementary schools are working anymore. It's come down fighting over whose fault it is and not how to fix it. Fox guarding the hen house.

Everyone won;t be an engineer or scientist.

Mar 16, 2017, 1:32 PM [ in reply to The backward thinking by Trump & most politicians is sad. ]

Or an entrepreneur, or even a cashier. Everyone isn;t wired teh same. And regardless what you do to education, there will always people who won't. or can't, or don't want to work "high tech". I'm in it, and I wouldn't tell anyone else to do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 385
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic