Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN just said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,126

ESPN just said

Sep 20, 2015, 10:27 AM

Notre Dame will be in the college football playoffs... Think the Tigers can prove that wrong?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN just said

Sep 20, 2015, 10:28 AM

Don't think they understand football .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Not without improved special teams and offensive play calling

Sep 20, 2015, 10:30 AM

ie a downfield passing game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yesterday didn't prove that to me.

Sep 20, 2015, 10:33 AM

Nor did either of the previous two weeks. They're still very vulnerable. I was not buying into Georgia Tech's defense, even with the experience they have on the field this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Sep 20, 2015, 10:46 AM

> Notre Dame will be in the college football
> playoffs... Think the Tigers can prove that wrong?

Notre Dame is going to get exposed big-time in Death Valley.

They have two weapons - and only two - on offense: their RB, Prosise, and their WR, Will Fuller. Fuller's a problem, but while he might get a long ball or two I feel confident they are not going to make a living throwing at Mackenzie Alexander.

What will happen at that point is, Clemson will bring extra bodies into the box, pressure the ever-living tar out of Kizer, stuff Prosise - who, by the way, was looking extra gimpy even as he wobbled to a 200-yard game against GT - and force Kizer, who will be on his third-ever start, to beat us throwing to other receivers.

Best of luck, my man.

Prosise is a bit of an ephemera as well. He can go a long way and he's explosive. The problem there is, he's sort of a luxury back, an ATH/WR/RB of no fixed position who has been shoehorned into a feature back role he's really not built for...he's being overused, he's taking a pounding, and if Clemson roughs him up and gets physical with him I suspect he may not last the game. They badly need a second RB to step up and take a lot of the workload of Prosise; they don't have one and they're putting way too many miles on Prosise's tires. Brian Kelly knows it, he also doesn't have much choice.

Their D does not match up well either. They're big, but they're SLOW...while that big, physical front matched up extremely well with GT's option, they don't do well in space, at all...and Clemson, as many know, specializes in getting athletes out into space. They also don't get much pressure with their front 4, something that has been endemic to the Notre Dame defense for awhile now.

So Watson is going to have time to spray the ball around to a variety of targets who can beat their Notre Dame defenders 1-on-1.

This does not bode well for Notre Dame. The "sharps" are going to be all over this game...watch the betting lines, whatever comes out, the early money is likely going to be all over Clemson and it'll push the line very, very early, probably in severe fashion. The sharps will see exactly what I'm seeing.

Sep 20, 2015, 11:00 AM

No, simply no.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,126
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic