Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious football question. I know, but hang with me. We won,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 314

Serious football question. I know, but hang with me. We won,

Sep 8, 2018, 11:28 PM

the idiots didn't, I celebrated with two bourbons, all is good. So, really, a great day.. When it got antsy I was reverse jinxing all over the place. No need to thank me, was my pleasure. So, great day. Got it. But, the question...

With Chad Morris we knew who the playmakers were and we got the ball to those playmakers. Call any play any time, just let the playmakers do what they do. Trust who you got, go have fun and win a game.

So now we recruit like Alabama, and have more playmakers than we know what to do with. ETN, Dixon, Feaster on a good day, I wont even try to name all the WR's, but its like a video game. But now we play like we are afraid a guy is going to jump out of the closet and say 'boo!' The longer the game went on, the more that became the mode, until the last two series when 100,000 paying fans, 200 uniformed players, two boxes of coaches and millions on TV knew exactly what play was coming. If they didn't know the announcers told them.

We had 30 yards offense in the 4th quarter. 390 going into it, 410 coming out. Half of that was on one Bryant run. Which is fine if you are running the clock, but we didn't. TAMU had it the entire quarter.

Has the excitement of what we can be given way to fear of what might happen? Everybody seemed afraid, which has not been what we have seen to this point.

Anyone else notice this, or am I just being my glass-half-empty self?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious football question. I know, but hang with me. We won,

Sep 8, 2018, 11:30 PM

I can’t process this reality right now. Maybe Monday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was effectively the first game of the season on the

Sep 8, 2018, 11:32 PM

road, playing carousel at QB in front of 100k scheming against Jimbo.

A&M never had the ball with a chance to take the lead after the 1st quarter.

Maybe I’m pumping sunshine, but I’m feeling good about the team. They don’t have to play perfect to win. But whenever they do, they’ll win bigger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

been saying it for a couple years, and often looked like an

Sep 8, 2018, 11:33 PM

Idiot due to our success, but Elliott and Scott were in over their heads when promoted to OC, and haven’t grown in the roles since then. It’s going to take a West Virginia/Kevin Steele-like moment before Dabo changes anything though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: been saying it for a couple years, and often looked like an

Sep 8, 2018, 11:36 PM

I don’t know if it was the rain, field conditions, or what but Spence came to mind tonight.

TL and KB are pretty different quarterbacks....

Sep 8, 2018, 11:42 PM

And yet, knowing we were going to use them both, they still called the exact same plays for both of them. No catering to respective strengths....no creativity.....they just gave TL KB’s playbook.

We have an extremely solid group of RB’s, and yet their main job seems to be decoys for our QB.

We make zero halftime adjustments on offense pretty consistently.

Our all-world talent and quality defense has kept them from getting exposed too badly though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL and KB are pretty different quarterbacks....

Sep 9, 2018, 12:11 AM

Agreed. I’ve been thinking our O has been an experiment for too long. We need ONE #### good coordinator.

This is exactly what I saw. The entire night seemed to be

Sep 9, 2018, 12:18 AM [ in reply to TL and KB are pretty different quarterbacks.... ]

"No, lets don't do that, something bad might happen." If I pay you a dollar for every 8 yard down-and-out, and you pay me for everything else, I think we come out even in January.

Maybe my deal with the 4th and goal thing is that when you spend the game acting like you might do something wrong, then do a 4th and goal play, the players aren't "lets go do this". There seems to be a fear of failure thing going on. Love Morris or hate him, but you never had to put up with that. Everybody thought every play was 6. We've lost that somewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you need to go looking elsewhere for answers

Sep 8, 2018, 11:35 PM

P R O
Z
O
N
E

For realz. I hated Chad Morris. I hate who we have now. I don’t know what to tell you (it’s the OL). We may as well have been playing gotdamn leprechauns tonight. We’ll be okay. Just grab another beer and keep her between the ditches. That’s my plan. Plus breakfast tacos in the AM.

Yes their last couple of touchdowns had weirdness

Sep 8, 2018, 11:56 PM

written all over them. But their orange haired guy is a baller, and he nearly beat us because they actually threw to him. Got a baller, get him the ball. ETN, HIggins, Renfrow, Galloway, Ross are gamechangers, but if all five of them stayed home I'm not sure it matters outside of Higgins's highlight reel TD. Or is our oline so underperforming that we really can't choose what we do? No, I'm not an oline flamer (they keep getting named lineman of the week for some reason) just wondering why.

Unfortunately, breakfast is going to be a bagel and a cup of coffee. But really good coffee.

Yes, I do see the other side. Better than expected team (lets home that was the case), half the country away from home, very hostile environment, we are a very young team (at skill positions) and we are in a very good place. Great win. I'm all over that.

We'll see.

Re: Serious football question. I know, but hang with me. We won,

Sep 8, 2018, 11:42 PM

Secondary was Swiss cheese.

Mond has a magical horseshoe up his ####.

We will be okay. Survive and advance.

Think your first and second points are pseudo-related

Sep 8, 2018, 11:47 PM

Dabo is different. He knows a playmaker is just as

Sep 9, 2018, 9:32 AM

important to use as a decoy than as a go-to guy. You need look no further than Hunter Renfrow to see that. A walk-on made the biggest catch in Clemson history, and one of the best clutch catches in a title game in college history to boot. That's not a mistake, it's by design. A good defense can take away playmakers. And that's fine, then you feed the walk-on the ball in clutch situations.

Tommy Bowden rode that "feed the playmaker" mentality right to the commentator desk at the ACC network. Dabo understands it's a team, and you have to use everyone to win. A few stars do not make a dynasty. They may make a NC, but they will fade. Who are Alabama's playmakers? ;)

They forced the long ball through the air. That was their plan. We burned them just enough with it though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't thank you cuz I don't believe in that reverse jinxin

Sep 9, 2018, 9:49 AM

Crap. For us to think that Texas A&M isn't a talented team is foolish. I don't like Jimbo because he wants to win regardless of the costs. I said yesterday this was going to be a close game. https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Got-my-peanuts-and-beer-ready-23990840

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 314
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic