Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney talks turnovers, the future of Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney talks turnovers, the future of Chad Morris

Dec 1, 2013, 6:15 PM

Swinney talks turnovers, the future of Chad Morris

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media Sunday evening, and he addressed Saturday's loss to South Carolina, the turnovers and how we will handle the Chad Morris situation when other teams come calling. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is thanking his lucky stars

Dec 1, 2013, 6:17 PM

we turned the ball over 6 times. Otherwise, he would have no excuse.

Re: Dabo is thanking his lucky stars

Dec 1, 2013, 6:29 PM

"Dabo is thanking his lucky stars..." That comment has to be the most stupid comment I've read since Sat night!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is thanking his lucky stars

Dec 1, 2013, 6:36 PM

When we had the ball, did we drive down the field and score, or did we go 3 and out?

I saw several good drives, one saved by penalty but a boat

Dec 1, 2013, 6:38 PM

load of fumbles...which imo, was the definitive cause for our L.

No, they fumbled or threw an interception as you stated***

Dec 2, 2013, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is thanking his lucky stars ]

I find it hard to believe

Dec 2, 2013, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Dabo is thanking his lucky stars ]

that we don't win that game if we don't have 6 turnovers. We already had 3 turnovers and were only down 7 with 5:27 left in the game when we committed our 4th turnover. You really think without all of those turnovers Dabo would have needed excuses?

If an objective Clemson fan (if you are one) can't see that

Dec 2, 2013, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Dabo is thanking his lucky stars ]

we played better vs USC this year than the past 4 and would have won if we don't have the tunrovers, then you have an agenda to find something wrong with Dabo and our Tigers! I'm as frustrated as anyone over losing 5 straight to those guys but we should have won that game. Our OL played great and that has not been the case the last 4 years and our DL played well too! Frustrating but you can't win when you lose the TO battle 6-0.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I as Ty l***

"I as Ty l***

"I as Ty l***

No excuses....

would have been necessary had the Tigers not had those turnovers. Without the turnovers I think we would have been looking at a 40-something - 20-something game. The turnovers were the whole story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What steps need to be taken to ensure ball security in the

Dec 1, 2013, 6:32 PM

future? Wrist curls? Wrestling with a python? We need some serious training on that front. Hate it when games are essentially given away with fumbles...

Re: What steps need to be taken to ensure ball security in the

Dec 1, 2013, 7:30 PM

How about teaching how to (1)wrap the ball up with both arms when about to be tackled AND (2)switching the ball from one arm to the other to avoid direct hits on the ball? Basic stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3-and-outs?

Dec 1, 2013, 6:43 PM

I think there were 2 three-and-outs and 1 four-and-out. The rest resulted in scores, fumbles, or interceptions.
Turnovers were everything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney talks turnovers, the future of Chad Morris

Dec 1, 2013, 6:46 PM

At the end of the day, it's 5 in a row to the #####. Unacceptable for the Tiger Nation…..

Dec 1, 2013, 6:54 PM

I don't know about that. There are plenty who accept the turnover excuse. Just like they did with FSU.

Yeah, you're right. Turnovers had nothing to do with it...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:58 PM

Heck if we would a fumbled a few more times, maybe we would've come out on top.... 0_0

I see he's all torn up

Dec 1, 2013, 6:50 PM

face it: beating the ##### is not very high on Swinney's agenda. But those 10 wins are.

BS, an 11th win meant bonus $$$ for all the staff.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:57 PM

Some people should think before they type.

Dabo gets a $10k bonus per win over 10. Peanuts relatively.***

Dec 1, 2013, 9:49 PM

Re: I see he's all torn up

Dec 1, 2013, 8:31 PM [ in reply to I see he's all torn up ]

I disagree. The 5 losses are hurting recruiting IMO. If I were SC, I would use the streak as a big time recruiting edge.

another year of hearing the miserable

Dec 1, 2013, 6:55 PM

dirt-peckers cackle about their perceived superiority..... You all know what I mean!
Go Tigers!

perceived?***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:10 PM

Illusory?***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:44 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: another year of hearing the miserable

Dec 1, 2013, 7:46 PM [ in reply to another year of hearing the miserable ]

They have had to listen to more BS than we ever will. They took it and survived, and so will we. That is what all this chit talking about our team is all about, having to listen to the coots. Well sir, they can never talk as much chit about us as we have them. Don't feel sorry for yourself, feel sorry for our team. I'm betting they are hurting much worse than us as fans could ever feel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious about player mindset

Dec 1, 2013, 6:58 PM

We tend to run out of gas late in the season (exception was last year's bowl). Funny that my sons HS boys were sick of football going into playoffs, whining and griping -and it showed. Would love to know how that played into the disaster Saturday. They didn't look "all in" to me. No one wants to lose of course, but at this point, games are mental more than physical. No ball security, stupid penalties, turnovers. The coaches need to get this figured about NOW.

" I still think we're one of the best teams in the country"

Dec 1, 2013, 7:05 PM

Therein lies the problem.

Yes, that kind of crap gives our players a false sense of

Dec 1, 2013, 8:37 PM

security. They hear that talk and believe it's OK to lose every once in a while.

Re: Way too much "I'm proud of the effort talk"

Dec 1, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to " I still think we're one of the best teams in the country" ]

in these press conferences. It was a game against your arch rivals for crying out loud.

Do we belong in a BCS Bowl?***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:16 PM

Turnovers

Dec 1, 2013, 7:22 PM

3 were interceptions. 1 misplayed punt off shoulder pads.
2 real fumbles. Taj fighting his ### off for extra yd and trying to gain mo for us! I thought he had the ball secured well. Don't have ANY IDEA why A. Hump coughed it up. 0 excuse on that one. Taj's last 2 picks were just desperation after game had been decided IMO.

Deja vu all over again!***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:25 PM

Dec 1, 2013, 7:41 PM

Is Dabo drinking? With our two loses on the big stage by 51 total points and he had the gaul to say Clemson could play with anybody. I would like some of those drugs. Peach bowl here we comem

Dabo saying we're still one of the best teams in the country

Dec 1, 2013, 7:51 PM

is a huge problem. That tells me, he thinks we've "arrived" so to speak, and nothing could be further from the truth. Dabo has done some great things leading us past the Bowden era, but until his eyes are opened to the obvious mistakes he's making regarding recruitment of OLmen and practice philosophies, just name to name a couple, we will never take that next step.

Re: Dabo saying we're still one of the best teams in the country

Dec 1, 2013, 8:29 PM

Lil ... you are the problem here. Why don't you take your few posts and go elsewhere!

"I still think we're one of the best teams in the country"

Dec 1, 2013, 8:28 PM

Well the products you put on the field say another thing, Coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:10 PM

Dabo has got to be drinking the Kool Aid if he believes they deserve a BCS bid with a weak schedule ; beat a so so Georgia team and lost terrible to the other ranked teams ; he sounds like T B

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't say? No one wants the Chad?

Dec 1, 2013, 11:28 PM

I can't imagine why? I'm so happy we hired a coach who can beat up less talented defenses.

time to move on from Chad ....

Dec 2, 2013, 1:58 AM

Spread, hurry up offense isn't going to beat anybody worth a crap. Hope he takes another job so we can hire a real OC and not some Harry HS OC.

I'm a big Morris supporter...BUT, if he refuses to run the

Dec 2, 2013, 10:23 AM

he needs to go. We had a RB Saturday night that was playing his butt off and Morris refused to give him the ball enough. HotRod had 14 carries for 111 yards, a nice 7.9 ypc avg. He should have had 25 carries, at least. Yet, he continually dropped Boyd back and got sack after sack.

Re: I'm a big Morris supporter...BUT, if he refuses to run the

Dec 2, 2013, 12:18 PM

One of the top 3 "dumbest" play calls I have ever seen
a Clemson OC call with that first drive interception.
It was a "look at me" hotdog call that has no place in
major college football. If Chad leaves it will be a blessing.

Dec 2, 2013, 7:56 PM

Consistent on wins with mediocre teams. Against teams with nine or more wins Clemson has 1...LSU. The last 2 years have been heartbreaking except for the win over LSU. Outcoached, outplayed, and out conditioned by Florida State and South Carolina, the only teams on the roster with 8 or more wins. The time of possession was almost 2-1 Saturday. What a shame. So much athletic talent wasted.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic