Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is It Just Me.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,901

Is It Just Me.....

Sep 25, 2019, 10:36 PM

Or does every single talking head on all these shows develop lockjaw when it comes to the word Clemson? No matter what the topic is they all avoid any mention of Clemson. It's like the kid who closes his/her eyes and thinks everything will go away. I think they will be shocked into reality again come January. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the fact that Clemson is KING is immutable...

Sep 25, 2019, 10:46 PM

...what can they say?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

44-16 over #1 Unbeaten All-World Alabama was just too much!

Sep 25, 2019, 10:53 PM

Broke their hearts & dreams.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can't discuss Clemson...

Sep 25, 2019, 11:00 PM

They have to draw people in with an illusion that college football is competitive at the highest level.

It's not.

Re: Is It Just Me.....

Sep 26, 2019, 5:43 AM

It's because at ESPN when they bow each morning to their shrine of Nick Saban to pray, it speaks to them and says "don't mention that team who recently demolished Alabama." Amen.

Sep 26, 2019, 7:31 AM

It's extremely funny listening to UGA homer Uncle Lou and watching him avoid mentioning CLEMSON. He even left us out of his top 6 2 weeks ago. You have to be skeeered to do that. And when he does mention CLEMSON, he tends to add the disclaimer that it's CLEMSON in the ACC and nobody else. While that might be true, to keep adding that disclaimer makes it sound like we don't have to play anybody. But he tends to ignore that we crushed his daddy that keeps whipping that UGA butt. I enjoy watching his homerism (not a word?). It's better than watching that homer Finebomb since he's not even entertaining.

Sep 26, 2019, 2:57 PM

Yes. One would think the national idiots would at least mention the number one team in the country, especially when a Disney movie was shot on the Clemson campus. Jealousy? Stupidity? Fear? Probably all three. Whatever. I hope the Tigers score 70 on Saturday. GoooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See, here's the problem with the 'Clemson is the only team

Sep 26, 2019, 3:13 PM

in the ACC, Clemson plays a crappy schedule, blah blah blah'.

It's always been a given, in my lifetime, that playing better competition prepares you for big games. Just like practicing against better competition prepares you better. Iron sharpens iron and all that. So if Clemson's making the playoffs is based on playing a crappy schedule, how is it Clemson is always prepared to win when they play good teams, the 2017 Sugar Bowl not withstanding?

Yet, all we hear is excuses from the SEC about the brutality (cue: eye roll) of their schedules is the reason they falter sometimes when the rubber hits the road. If competition breeds preparedness, they should win the NC every year if what they say is true about how hard their schedule is.

The fact is, Clemson is just better. Better coached, better depth, better mindset, and better culture. The talking heads know this, but their job is to drum up interest to create viewership. Plus, a bunch of them are Finebaum wannabes, because saying stupid stuff to create banter is better than honest assessment. I couldn't care less what any talking head or other fan base says. We'll play, and beat, anybody, anytime, anywhere. Put us in the SEC. We'll win that on a regular basis, too.

Sep 26, 2019, 3:24 PM

Who cares is ANYONE talks about Clemson.

Just stare lovingly at the CFP Trophy and Championship Rings. That's all that matters.

They hate us 'cause they ain't us.

Yes that did occur to me.

Sep 26, 2019, 5:41 PM

By ignoring Clemson they can debate which 5 or 6 teams have a really good shot at winning it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,901
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic