Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most of y'all on here are just as ignorant, if not more so,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Most of y'all on here are just as ignorant, if not more so,

Jun 14, 2016, 1:35 PM

than how you perceive the anti-gun people. No one wants to come and take your gun from you. The idea is that there needs to be more extensive background checks with longer waiting periods before someone can actually purchase a gun. As far as SEMI-AUTOMATIC weapons like ARs, give me one good reason why the average citizen needs a gun with a 30 round clip that can fire as fast as their finger can pull. It goes in the same category as a sawn-off shot gun...a weapon thats meant only for killing people and serves no sporting purpose. Are those being illegal against your right to bear arms?

I've grown up hunting my whole life and own multiple rifles and shotguns. I refuse to even by a handgun because they're basically made just for killing people but I understand how it can make some people feel safe. It really gets under my skin that others who have grown up hunting and call themselves "responsible" gun owners can't understand this logic for making assault rifles illegal and requiring better background checks. It's gonna take people like us realizing we need some kind of compromise to keep these tragedies from happening. Just remember, no one is going to come and take YOUR gun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost as ignorant, if not more so,

Jun 14, 2016, 1:36 PM

Than someone posting this garbage on a football board!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you, but your attack on the bored's ignorance

Jun 14, 2016, 1:37 PM

is going to get you "landblasted." Get ready.

Re: I agree with you, but your attack on the bored's ignorance

Jun 14, 2016, 1:42 PM

Haha oh yea I know, I'm ready for it

Re: "landblasting"

Jun 14, 2016, 3:06 PM [ in reply to I agree with you, but your attack on the bored's ignorance ]

The entertainment value of Tigernet, or probably more accurately, of the posters on Tigernet is more than this humble servant could have ever hoped or expected to deserve(sic)!

Man, I love this stuff - especially during DT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

oh boy...

Jun 14, 2016, 1:44 PM

while i agree with you 110%, and i own weapons, thats a helluva way to start a thread on this bored. good luck

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

You and classof09 sure make a cute couple

Jun 14, 2016, 1:45 PM

Next time you want to make some grandiose political and societal point, maybe do it on the proper board, and...oh I don't know...reduce the typos? K thx bye

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Let the "landblasting" commence.***

Jun 14, 2016, 1:47 PM

Re: Most of y'all on here are just as ignorant, if not more so,

Jun 14, 2016, 1:48 PM

Oh my, you has jus' insulted Ma, America, and Apple Pie, all at the same time. You in for some sirius fallout from the resident bored loonies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignorant??? Your shotgun or rifle you've hunted with your whole

Jun 14, 2016, 1:54 PM

life is semi-automatic unless it was a pump, lever, or bolt action. I'm not going to give my opinion because it isn't anyone's business where I stand, but when you go off spouting how people are ignorant know what you are taking about first.

Re: Ignorant??? Your shotgun or rifle you've hunted with your whole

Jun 14, 2016, 2:09 PM

Bolt/lever action rifles and double barrel shotguns, thanks though

Ok..so that is better. Instead of the stupidily vauge

Jun 14, 2016, 2:16 PM

"Assault rifles" , you are now saying they should limit to bolt action rifles and single shot shotguns, single or double barrel.

Much better argument.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 14, 2016, 1:57 PM

You watch too much CNN.
Take this crap to the Crap board this is a sports message board.

Sorry but a couple of handguns w/ multiple clips =

Jun 14, 2016, 1:57 PM

same result. You want the handguns too ?

How about focusing on the guys and gals holding the guns.

PS ... they are pretty effective with backpack bombs too ... knives in Europe and Israel.

Jun 14, 2016, 1:58 PM

Obama and many of the Dems would love to eliminate the ability for any citizen to buy or possess a gun of any type. They want complete control and truly believe that Government should rule the people and make decisions for them. I have no issue at all with background checks. We have to be careful when we say whether someone or not needs a type or gun or has a reason for it. A gun by itself has never killed anyone. Our 2nd amendment must be protected. Our founding fathers knew that there would be future generations looking to disarm the people so that they could be controlled.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:01 PM

...too many statements to address, so little time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post shows you don't know why there's a 2nd Amendment.***

Jun 14, 2016, 2:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Well, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln....how was the play?"

Yes, such a law would be illegal.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:23 PM

"Are those (AR's) being illegal against your right to bear arms?"

Why yes, it would violate Americans' constitutional right to bear arms to make illegal a common armament owned by millions of Americans. You might want to read the Heller decision in the Supreme Court. The right to keep and bear arms is a civil right guaranteed by our Constitution. It is no less important than the right to free speech, freedom or religion, or the right to due process. If you disagree, it is your right to seek to amend the constitution to remove a right that was so fundamental to our founders. And of course that right had little to do with self-defense or hunting. It is a fundamental right of the people to be in a position, if necessary, to defend themselves against the possibility of a tyrannical government. Thank goodness for the wisdom of our founders.

Re: Yes, such a law would be illegal.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:28 PM

Not (ARs), I was referring to (sawed-off shotguns) because those are illegal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying the law that bans sawed off shotguns is illegal?

Jun 14, 2016, 2:42 PM

Probably not. Sawed-off shotguns are not in common usage by millions of Americans. Again, you need to read the Heller decision. But that proves nothing with respect to AR's. And equating AR's with sawed-off shotguns, if that is what you intended, is absurd.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:57 PM

ARs have to be 16" or are considered SBRs and illegal (very similar to sawed off shotty in the shortened version being illegal)

Unless you make a pistol which has to meet certain criteria as well

so there are quite a few laws and restrictions around all weapons, even black rifles

i think many would be amazed at written law - there is a ton

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Yes, such a law would be illegal. ]

Ok...I'm biting.

First, the 2nd Amendment is not infinite. For example "keep and bear arms" doesn't mean anyone can own a rocket launcher, 30mm cannon or hand grenades.

Second, we have profound disagreement between sincere people. We need to find a way to talk about this issue without demonizing each other.

Third, a certain amount of common sense has to come into play. The day after the San Bernandino Massacre 54 U.S. Senators voted DOWN a proposed law that would prohibit people that were currently on Federal terrorist watch lists, no-fly lists or who were under investigation for ties to terrorist organizations from buying guns.

Their reasoning was that it violated those people's 2nd Amendment rights.

I'm a gun owner and have hunted all my life. I've even shot fish. But there has to be a conversation about how to keep military grade weapon's out of the wrong hands.

Ask any cop you know if he/she thinks its a good idea if criminals/terrorist should be able to buy bullets that pierce police body armor?

We need to be able to talk to each other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you make too much sense, and by not falling squarely into

Jun 14, 2016, 3:35 PM

one extreme or the other, you'll probably be ignored. There is no room any more for middle-of-the-road common sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Jun 14, 2016, 2:28 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fudd

I hate to be ignorant, but whats a 30 rd clip?

Jun 14, 2016, 2:54 PM

Is it the same as a 30 rd MAGAZINE?

Re: I hate to be ignorant, but whats a 30 rd clip?

Jun 14, 2016, 2:55 PM

NO, but ignorant people think so.

Re: I hate to be ignorant, but whats a 30 rd clip?

Jun 14, 2016, 2:57 PM [ in reply to I hate to be ignorant, but whats a 30 rd clip? ]

"i hate to be ignorant". lol. aint that one of them oxymorons with you.

THANK YOU!! I hate when the lib patrol gets in "clip" mode.

Jun 14, 2016, 3:00 PM [ in reply to I hate to be ignorant, but whats a 30 rd clip? ]

It's MAGAZINE.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Listened to too many Warren G songs..***

Jun 14, 2016, 4:34 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Jun 14, 2016, 2:59 PM
image.png(209.8 K)

Jun 14, 2016, 3:02 PM

In an ideal world, you may have some validity. However, when I see Obama and some of these other liberals, I can't help but visualize the old adage of the camel sticking his nose into the tent "just to get warm". I wish I had your confidence in our government, but I don't (I have seen too many lies told over the last several years).

Also, there are several clubs out there that use the AR-15 style weapons for shooting competition which also includes youth. It looks like good, healthy, clean fun and activity.

And then there is the problem with rampant "political correctness" that in my opinion could hold great responsibility in these shootings. Both in Orlando and San Bernadine people knew of these crazies and their intentions, but they were afraid to say anything for fear of being branded Islamaphobes. This is the beginning stages of Facism, and I am more concerned about the erosion of our civil rights (First, Second and Fourth Amendments).

Whether you feel theres a need doesn't determine my right...

Jun 14, 2016, 3:15 PM

That right is protected just the same as your right to own a hunting type shotgun or bolt action rifle. A 30 round magazine (not clip) doesn't make any weapon more lethal. Anyone with any shooting ability can be just as lethal with a bolt action rifle or shotgun. Sporting purpose is determined by the one using the weapon, not by your perception of what's sporting. So called assault rifles, actually more appropriately termed modern sporting rifles, are actually very rarely used in gun violence, paling in comparison to handgun usage. Regardless of the demonizing of an inanimate object the MSM will inevitably do along with their bloody shirt waving, studies , including one commissioned by the Clinton admin using an admittedly anti-gun researcher, show that guns are used betweeen 47 and 80 times more often to save a life than take one. This includes so called AR's. In this light, really any anti-gun argument falls apart. We have a constitutionally protected, not granted but protected, right to defend ourselves, enjoy sporting activities, etc, without having to justify which type of inanimate object we use to do this. The fact that you do not care for my choice of weapon does not grant you or anyone the right to limit the access of the 99.99999% of responsible gun owners to such weapons.

Apply your logic to restricting certain non-popular types of free speech and see how popular that is. You can bet such a drift towards removing rights will end up there eventually.

Message was edited by: tigerpathmd®

Re: Whether you feel theres a need doesn't determine my right...

Jun 14, 2016, 3:52 PM

That's a pretty lucid argument. I would only offer a counter to it.

First, the AR-15 isn't a "modern sporting rifle" it is, in fact, a military grade assault rifle (AR) designed for maximum soft tissue damage. Of course it can be used for sport, but calling a .45 caliber handgun a 'balloon popper" doesn't change what it is or what it's designed for.

Second, I think your conflating 2 separate issues. The police use of guns to save lives is a far different matter than guns-deaths by non-police entities. We pay and encourage and in some cases pray the police will shoot people that do harm to others. But you can't group those shootings in with the 30,000 or so non-police related deaths in order to exagerate the safety of guns.

Third, there are limitations to free speech. Try screaming 'fire' in a crowded theater.

Fourth, and this is the most discouraging of all. The NRA inspired and intentionally confusing link between 99.999% of responsible gun owners vs. the availability of military grade weaponry. Clearly, if you carry your argument to it's logical conclusion then there is NO weapon a 'responsible gun owner' shouldn't be able to own. ( Why not a Stinger Missile hanging over the mantle?) It's an obvious and over used attempt to cast responsible gun owners as victims. I'm a responsible gun owner too but I'm not a victim of some liberal conspiracy. All people in this country have a right to raise questions about the quality and quantity of weaponry that is allowed on our streets. That is also a constitutionally guaranteed right.

Finally, among the many deaths caused by the AR 15:

20 pre-school children and 6 adults in Newtown
12 people in a theater in Aurora, Colo.
14 people in San Bernandino

Apparently the shooter in Orlando didn't use a AR 15 but rather a similar gun the Sig Sauer MCX which was developed for U.S. Special Forces. 49 dead, 53 wounded.

The question isn't are they legal to own but rather who gets to own them. Just because your a responsible gun owner who owns an assault rifle doesn't mean that anyone should be able to own one.

The only question is how do you determine who can and who can't. It has little to do with the 2nd amendment.

Oh yeah, Go Football! :)

Jun 14, 2016, 4:22 PM

To address your comments, to use the term "maximum soft tissue damage" is misleading inasmuch as the soft tissue damage is determined by simple physics, i.e. the velocity of the round and the amount of energy used within the target. I.e. higher velocity or more energy used before passing through (using expanding tips etc) are what are relevant.

The studies referenced, which I can cite if you'd like, are not inclusive of police incidents, only civilian, which makes the numbers much more impressive. If you're depending on police to stop these situations, you'll lose every time, they simply cannot be there fast enough regardless. The only solution for these, given the simple fact that criminals will ALWAYS have access to weaponry (see Paris, which has insanely onerous gun laws compared to here) , is armed people on hand, not just armed security which was completely ineffective here. As essentially all mass shootings in the US, this one happened where weapon possession was already illegal. More laws, bans on particular weapons just don't work, criminals don't obey laws. Honest people do, and they are forced into being easy targets by these laws.

It's a simple fact that , with three hours, I or any decent shooter could do the same amount of damage this guy did with a 1930's era bolt action rifle. The better question is, where was SWAT for THREE hours????

While all of your examples are certainly sad, they statistically do not measure up to the many, many defensive gun uses, yes, including so called assault rifles, in this country every year that , again these studies have shown save WAY more lives. So despite attempts at bloody shirt waving and appeals to emotion rather than reason that surround these incidents, the facts remain , GUNS, including ones like the sig MCX used by this guy, SAVE LIVES.

While i sympathize with the desire to see an easy solution, the fact is, penalizing everyone onerously for the unstoppable actions of one religious nut is not the American way. To institute highly arbitrary "mental health screens" is a dangerous road to go down, with the definition of mentally unfit being a highly subjective idea. As Paris, and even Australia, who had its largest mass shooting after their insane gun bans have proven, you cant legislate away these isolated incidents by shoving more requirements onto those of us who are the law abiding vast majority. Criminals simply do not care, and they will ALWAYS have weapon access. You can bet on that.

I truly appreciate your well worded and civil response and hope I come across equally civil. Go Tigers.

Jun 15, 2016, 1:19 AM

I also appreciate your civil manner in this discussion. What I meant by maximum soft-tissue damage is that the AR 15 and other assault rifles are designed as high muzzle velocity weapons creating more kinetic energy which results in much greater tissue damage than say most handguns, .38 or 9mm.

I agree that a very skilled gunman could do similar damage with a bolt action (L.H.Oswald) but not as much as a semi auto simply because of speed. That's why select fire weapons are universally desired by most of the worlds military's. They simply do more damage because of volume of sustained fire.

Your points are strong but there are 2 caveats I'd offer. The discussion, in my view, isn't so much about depriving anyone of their rights to keep and bear arms but that the public also has a right to life and a means by which to address those things they feel may threaten their general peace and security.

It's clearly constitutional to prevent the general public from owning some weapons, as it should be. No one wants their neighbor to own a bazooka...although I've always wanted to fire one. The same argument can and is being made about military grade weapons. The 2nd Amendment isn't limitless, and I think sane and reasonable people can have a discussion as to how far it goes. Ultimately the idea that someone is trying to 'take our guns away' as a predicate to any discussion is a straw man foisted on the population by the NRA and gun manufacturers. There is a profit incentive at play there.

I would like to see the studies on how guns have saved more lives. I'm not saying they don't exist I'm only saying I'm not familiar with them. Congress has voted down funding any studies on gun violence so it matters who does the study and more importantly who pays for it.

I also agree that criminals will get weapons just as idiots will always get drunk and kill people with a car. But I don't agree that more people that have guns the safer we all are. It's been estimated there are approximately 300 million guns in the United States. If more guns made us safer, we'd be the safest country on earth. :)

Thanks for your kindness in this discussion.

Jun 14, 2016, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Whether you feel theres a need doesn't determine my right... ]

One more thing, as a physician, and pathologist, who sees the physiologic effects of gunshot fatalities all the time, I am not dissuaded by such things from thinking people should have less access to firearms, but rather that simply shows me the degree to which armed self defense is the only solution. Most of the people who end up on the autopsy table, and statistics VERY STRONGLY support this (despite horrible tragedies such as this) got there because they were doing something they shouldn't be, often to someone innocent. Taking away the right to self defense, which is what these gun bans will do (if not initially, absolutely inevitably, Great britain being a great example where air rifles are now being regulated) is simply inane when you see these things on a daily basis.

Jun 14, 2016, 3:16 PM

Differences in opinions does not necessarily indicate ignorance but a lack of respect for the opinion of others does indicate ignorance.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 3:28 PM

You bleeding hearts are amazing. You need to quit listening to all the garbage being pumped your way by a liberal media intent on the destruction of this once great nation. In reality, including this most incident (which is horrible and tragic), more people will be killed with knives this year that with guns. Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem. For 3 generations now we have made the devaluation of human life our top priority. After all, we're nothing special. We're simply a more evolved ape. And among the apes, only the strong survive. Now, having utilized a dumbed down public education system, the "elites" of our world want to seize the moment and establish themselves as an aristocratic class and enslave us commoners to the "Big Brother" government. Problem is, they can't accomplish that mission as long as we are armed to the teeth. So they need convince the simpletons that "guns are the problem" and disarm us. Read the Federalist papers and you'll discover that our Founding Fathers didn't give us the 2nd Amendment so we could hunt. They knew as the federal government became more and more powerful, we would need to be protected against those attempting to enslave us. But if you think everyday people can do that with hunting rifles you are delusional. That's why AR's are important. As far as them taking our guns, they've referenced Australia as "the model," and they confiscated guns in that nation, or made it a crime to be found with one in your possession. So don't tell me they aren't going to "try" to take our guns. If you trust this government, you, my Tiger friend, are the ignorant one. Be honest with yourself and acknowledge a corrupt government is responsible for this latest incident. The FBI investigated this perpetrator three times. They were eventually "called off" by the Administration "BECAUSE" he is Muslim. Mr. Obama doesn't want to make Muslims look bad so he looks the other way when all signs point to another militant on the prowl. Until that changes, we will continue to be attacked by radical Islamists.

As to your post, this is the Clemson Football message board. Please post your political drivel elsewhere. Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 3:34 PM

couple of issues with your post. The biggest reason I can't stand the gun-grabbers tantrums is because they don't even understand the terminology or technology of what they want to regulate....Try to find me an AR that uses a clip. Or a 30 round clip anywhere. AR's use magazines. M1 garands, for instance use clips. You don't even know what you are talking about yet want to regulate it...because a barrel shroud is "the shoulder thing that goes up".

additionally, semi-automatic weapons are incredibly common. My first gun was a recoil-action semi-auto 20gauge remington shotgun, which is my favorite gun for sporting clays. Guess what, its semi-auto, but was manufactured in 1960 for...you guessed it, hunting. Semi-autos probably encompass 75% of all guns in america, and probably a majority of those guns used for sport - hunting, clays, target shooting, 3 gun competitions, punching holes in paper, etc.

Why does your use of your gun get to dictate why my use of my *theoretical* guns should be? Why is your double barrel shotgun more noble or less deadly than my Grandfather's 20g recoil-action shotgun? Because your opinion matters more than mine? Fortunately, I have fact, and constitutional law on the side of my opinion, and that is that my 2nd amendment right shall not be infringed.

If you would like to start regulating it, I hope you are also championing the limitations of free speech, right to assembly, right not to incriminate yourself, etc, otherwise, you are a hypocrite. You can't pick and choose which rights in our constitution you would like to protect. They all carry equal weight, and the only right enumerated that guarantees the others is the 2nd amendment. This right was not put in the constitution to protect dove hunting. It was written to protect the common man from government.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Hmm, bringing up the gun in the Football Board

Jun 14, 2016, 3:57 PM

Are we talking about the Shotgun Formation? The Pistol? Oh I know, the Run-and Shoot. Because if not, I believe we may need to redirect this thread elsewhere.

No, it's pretty obvious you are the ignorant one.

Jun 14, 2016, 3:59 PM

The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting. The 2nd amendment is about the right of citizens to arm themselves for the dual purpose of providing a militia instead of relying solely on a regular army to defend the states (a standing army was loathed by many of the founding fathers) and, more importantly, for citizens to provide themselves a real deterrent to a potentially tyrannical government.

And I don't need your casual-opinion-having-@ss to understand why I need semi-automatic weapons. If a criminal has access to them, or worse, then I want access to them. I, as an individual, am much better off owning my semi-automatic weapons than I am without them. If you don't want them, then don't buy them. But don't dare try and stand between me and my right to defend my family the way I see fit.

If you care so much about people dying from guns maybe you should b*tch about gangs, terrorists and criminals instead of law-abiding citizens. We don't enforce the laws we already have. And no proposed gun law would have changed a single thing about any of the the extremely rare mass shootings over the last 5 years. Why anti-gun fools can't acknowledge that is beyond me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2016, 4:00 PM

I think guns should be illegal with the exception if some hunting rifles. No automatic or semi automatic

Jun 14, 2016, 4:02 PM

Your liberal thoughts are just like the Liar Clinton who is trying to be president. If that would be the end of it ie:waiting periods etc. that would be fine however, if you give people like you an inch they will take a mile.I guess since you don't smoke, cigarettes should also be banned.

Jun 14, 2016, 4:06 PM

I have hand guns, hunting rifles and shotguns, and yes a custome made AR. I enjoy shooting the AR for fun, the glock I keep snake shot in it for hunting because I do not want to waste a buck shot or rifle carterigdes on a snake or bobcat or coyotes. No all that being said they stay loaded in my house( I have no children). I can leaves these guns on the porch perfectly loaded safety off and ready to fire but guess what they will not just jump up and kill people someone would actually have to put it in their hand, aim at a person and fire it. Until this day I have never send one go off by itself or by accident. The AR is fun so shoot and I have 26 acres in the country to go practice and get away and fire. I also have a cwp so I carry at all times in the legal places to carry. I promise is something like this happens around me while I am carrying, with GOD willing the person would try this would be in a huge surprise. A tool of any kind, pitch fork, knife, shovel, hammer etc. could be use to kill anyone at any time. I do respect your opinion on the "assault rifles" but I promise you if you are in a place where some misguided or Radical Islamic Muslim decides the day is his day you and many others would be very thankful for someone like me to be there. I hope and pray daily about the evil to learn the right way and I would never have to pull a weapon on someone, but I would not an could no hesitate to become his main target to save a life even if he happens to get me first then at least that will give people and few more seconds to get to safety. I pray for all to have a safe and happy day and lifetime to never have to see or have a loved you involved in a terrible situation like that

Jun 14, 2016, 4:09 PM

I agree whole heartedly with your right to own your guns. I disagree, however, that everyone is as responsible as you are and many, many crazies out there shouldn't be allowed to own them.

Now, how do we decide?

:)

Jun 14, 2016, 4:21 PM

That's the problem how to decide, it takes two weeks for a sled check unless you do have a cwp. When getting a gun all they check is any felony charges, now change that to medical checks for mental disturbances or ties to not only Islam but to "gangs" add one more week to it and make the check more intense which I would have no problem with dr client privilege be ###### when buying a gun that could used as a weapon hell do a psych test also before getting one I would be happy with that also yes the cost of guns would go up bc you would have to pay for the test but sometimes things like that should be a lil harder to achieve one and I am thinking people who are in a rush to get one( not everyone ) are planning harm with it

Jun 14, 2016, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Most of y'all on here are just as ignorant, if not more so, ]

Oh one more things GO TIGERS KEEP ON KEEPING IMPROVING!

Jun 14, 2016, 4:11 PM

The dude in Florida had never been in trouble with no criminal record. He could have bought a gun/guns any where in this country. Wyatt Earp lived so long bc he was good with a gun in a world where most everybody had one. Buy a gun, keep your nose clean by staying out of trouble, practice a lot, and protect your self and others from the murders. Any body that has a CWP, should have to take a strict weapons handling test once a year. Everybody keep at the top of your thoughts when you think about gun control, crooks, bad guys, maniac's, and complete idiots don't give a sh!t about gun laws, bc they are going to have theirs, and plenty of them, and the most deadly they can buy. Take the guns out of the normal citizens hands, and we will be even easier to assassinate at their will. Drop a bomb on Isis, they send somebody to assassinate 100 Americans!!! Be-careful of how much gun control you really want, it maybe you in a mall with a terrorist getting even for Isis, and you will be praying an average citizen had a gun to stop it before your turn came up. You could be any number from 1 to ever how many he can kill before the Police stops them. They can kill a 100 with the police right out side the door.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Escalation of Force

Jun 14, 2016, 4:16 PM

"give me one good reason why the average citizen needs a gun with a 30 round clip that can fire as fast as their finger can pull"

Answer: For protection against people like the Orlando shooter.

If an active shooter has an AR-15 and I am there with a handgun, then I am at a tactical disadvantage. I would need to be have access to an AR-15 to bring ensure that there is a level playing field.

"a weapon thats meant only for killing people and serves no sporting purpose"

Answer: whoever said that a gun's only purpose is for sport? We live in a crazy world and guns are used for protection and for checks-and-balances.

Re: Escalation of Force

Jun 14, 2016, 5:15 PM

They don't, a marksman could have taken the killer out with one shot from a 6 shot revolver. Normal citizen should prepare themselves to do just that. If a normal citizen is going to carry, he/she should have a gun they can and will use in the time of self defense, and not to just say they have one. They should though have one that they are comfortable with and practice a lot with it so to become a marksman for protecting themselves and others if and when the time comes to do so. I know what you're saying about the assault rifles, but that is a wasted concern bc the criminal can get better assault rifles from the street better than the ones in the gun store. So banning AR 15s is a waste of time bc that only helps the illegal criminal gun sales, and banning will better help keep them in business. And banning them will only raise the price on the illegal guns that will entice others into the business. The bigger the demand, the higher the price that will invited more illegal gun salesman. Then we will start to see more and more of the fully auto weapons on the street. This world is to big to stop it, selling them in gun store help to regulate who is getting them. The street arms dealers sell to the dollar as the buyers ID.

Sorry I came off on the tone I did...

Jun 14, 2016, 4:27 PM

I admit I was a little worked up and let my emotions guide me in writing that post. However, we are facing a serious problem in this country. These mass shootings aren't rare anymore, we have a few each year, and I whole-heartedly think we need to do something about it. Obviously people are buying these weapons for reasons other than defending their families and crushing other people's right to LIVE. But we all need to remember that this isn't a clear cut black and white issue (which is the part I find frustrating). I'm glad to see that some people share the same view as me and whoever said both sides need to figure out a way to talk to each other about the issue at hand is absolutely right. Sorry about posting it in the football forum, I just think its important to talk about.

Re: Sorry I came off on the tone I did...

Jun 14, 2016, 4:30 PM

And let's go tigers!!!

We are just 1 law away from perfection.***

Jun 14, 2016, 5:55 PM

Personal foul, 15 yard penalty.

Jun 14, 2016, 6:04 PM

First and ten->

I have a pistol in case I have to work my way out of bed to the shotgun standing in the corner. I wouldn't try to defend myself, home or property with the pistol or rifle. Neither makes good sense when the idea is to hit hard with the first shot and gain control of the situation.

The old folks use to say 'Give em an inch and they'll take a mile.' Gun advocates make one good point. If gun control continues where does it end? Many folks here do not want to have control like Great Britain. Many do and that's the fear driving the common man to resist gun control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Personal foul, 15 yard penalty.

Jun 14, 2016, 6:23 PM

I wish we could have a conversation (not you and I per se) about this with out it turning into a screaming match.

I'm a CWP and I carry all the time. I'm 100% for our 2nd amendment rights but I just don't think any idiot should be able to walk into a wal-mart and come out with a AR-15 in just a few minutes.

If you've been to a gun range recently you'll see what the hell i'm talking about. People do not know how to handle guns and need some actual guidance/training.

Re: Personal foul, 15 yard penalty.

Jun 14, 2016, 6:44 PM

To point out, i dont think Wal-Mart sells the ar15 any longer.

To the point about the gun range, it's where many people actually learn to shoot. Of course, beginners aren't going to be experts. at least they're shooting there and not in their back yard. (im assuming the gun range you visit doesn't have training on site) the one we use has trainers/teachers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

America is full of idiots.

Jun 14, 2016, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Personal foul, 15 yard penalty. ]

I agree on the automatic weapons.

I usually don't get involved in gun discussions because I know our government isn't going to start collecting guns in my lifetime. I understand why folks are 'up in arms,' about the issue because of the reason I previously mentioned.

I also worry about those who get nervous around guns. They are terrified because they know what a guy with a gun can do to someone without a gun. I understand that because I've been in situations where I was the only guy with the gun. Nobody argued about who was in charge. I've also been in the situation where I wasn't the guy with the gun. So yeah, I get it.

Those folks who don't own and never will are reeking havoc over their fear of the unknown or what their imagination conjures up.

I have no problems with degrees of qualifications for owning guns. A shot gun and pistol should always be every citizen's right. Those who want automatic weapons should have to qualify under special considerations. Background checks should be more than typing their names on a government website and handing them a weapon with ammo in the next few minutes. I also think they should be responsible for that type of weapon for life. It should be destroyed by a crusher if they decided they don't want it anymore or upon their death.

Track them from manufacturer to crusher and know where they are at all times. If it's just a toy for somebody who likes holding a trigger to hear some noise let them pay for the pleasure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you've grown up hunting and been around guns your whole

Jun 14, 2016, 10:27 PM

life, you'd know there aren't any rifles with a 30 round "clip".

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic