Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I see a coaching change coming.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

I see a coaching change coming.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:36 AM

The last time we lost big on a major stage (see WVU bowl) we let one go and got BV. I think CDS will make a change in offense somewhere.

But what do I know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see a coaching change coming.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:37 AM

OBVIOUSLY NOT MUCH.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:38 AM

Understood.

Re: I see a coaching change coming.***

Jan 4, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I see a coaching change coming. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

If it's going to happen it's probably Caldwell either retiring or being forced to retire.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:40 AM

GUESS YOU DONT REALIZE COACH CALDWELL IS VIEWED AS ONE OF THE BEST LINE COACHES IN AMERICA.

Not saying he needs to go, but that ^^^^ is pure BS...***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:42 AM

Re: Not saying he needs to go, but that ^^^^ is pure BS...***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:52 AM

It's been said many times that Caldwell is a top offensive line coach in the country. Many coaches outside of Clemson have said it too, and I'm pretty sure they know what a good coach looks like.

And it's judged by more than just the 1 or 2 bad games a year that you see.

Jan 4, 2018, 12:08 PM

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS CLEMSON AT THIS TIME HAS A LOT OF MOUTHBREATHING WALMART FRONTRUNNERS THAT CLAIM TO BE FANS. AND MOST HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON THE FIELD. THEY ARE THE TYPE THAT JUMP ON AND OFF THE BANDWAGON.

Jan 4, 2018, 12:35 PM

Amen . I'm tired of the complaining too!.

I love all our coaches and support Robbie,

Jan 4, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Not saying he needs to go, but that ^^^^ is pure BS...*** ]

but can you provide some backing for your assertions that he's seen as one of the best in the industry. And too, please try to provide several sources.

Not trying to be a jerk - honestly curious where you're seeing all this info voting Robbie as one of the best OL coaches in the country.

Again, I love all our coaches including Mr. Caldwell. I think he's done a tremendous job with our OL, and our OL has the resume to prove it.

Just not so sure Robbie is widely viewed as one of the best in the industry. I'll listen and admit I'm wrong if you can show a nice set of meaningful sources.

Re: I love all our coaches and support Robbie,

Jan 4, 2018, 1:04 PM

YOU CAN GOOGLE ALSO I TAKE IT.

Yes sir, I can. I asked nicely for someone zo

Jan 4, 2018, 2:31 PM

provide links to the "widely known" type stuff. No big deal.

Again, I love Dabo and every coach he had on his staff. I'm in no way trying to downgrade Robbie. From what I can tell he's a fine man and teacher. I just haven't read the news where he's widely known as one of the best in the business.

Re: I love all our coaches and support Robbie,

Jan 4, 2018, 1:14 PM [ in reply to I love all our coaches and support Robbie, ]

Well the last 4 years were 81 and 4. Run along coot

Caldwell is staying. And, that is a big reason for Carman's

Jan 4, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Not saying he needs to go, but that ^^^^ is pure BS...*** ]

signing with Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 4, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I see a coaching change coming. ]

Lol

Jan 4, 2018, 11:39 AM

The Francis Marion snow angel has me all confused.

*horney

Jan 4, 2018, 11:43 AM

fixed it for you

Jan 4, 2018, 11:50 AM

Jan 4, 2018, 11:52 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 12:11 PM

Wow...read your post again. Are you seriously this naive?

Jan 4, 2018, 12:18 PM

You're right, goodbye Brent Venerables. He should have told Dabo, Tony and Jeff to sub out the entire OL with the DL....

C'MON MAN!

What do you know, you ask?

Jan 4, 2018, 12:33 PM

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

There will be no directed changes in our offensive staff, simply due to Dabo wanting a change. If one of those guys decided he wants a promoted gig somewhere, then hats off. But I think that horse already left the stable.

This very same offensive staff played very a national title, won a national title, and just played in the semis for a national title. Doesn't take a calculator to show we have one of the top 2 premier teams in the country the last three years, regardless of how the national championship plays out.

Lemansky Hall will be announced as a full time DL coach here shortly, but other than that, no changes. And thank God for that. We've got perhaps the best staff in the entire country, and that includes Nick Saban's staff who went through something like 17 coaches the last 3 years.

Saban a great coach. Plus he gets some of the best players in the country to go there.

The key (underlying) reason Alabama beat us on Monday lies in their strength and conditioning program. And thats not to say Scott Cochran is doing anything revolutionary. What is doing though is promoting performance enhancing compounds in his guard. Freely supplied to any player who chooses to partake. We're talking about things like testosterone sustanate. Injections. This compound DRAMATICALLY raises one level of testestosterone, and gives a human being the rather simple ability to grow usuable muscle mass. Whether they work out harder or not, just going through general practicing and normal usgage of muscles will create stronger and more muscle mass. Pretty easy to see, physically actually. I havent personally seen needles going into the thighs of Alabama players, but trust me when I say I know everything about what players look like when they are juicing. And to make matters even more complicated, it leads to more agression. Savages as they say on the football field. Teams like Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Penn State - they've all incorporated "NFL style" strength and conditioning "programs".

It's ALL OVER THE NFL. You simply cannot field a competitve team at that level without having your guys cycle the same stuff as everyone else. It's just part of the game at that level. It's accepted, and scarily, nobody is doing anything to curb it. Nevermind more guys getting injured, nevermind brain trauma injuries from literally the larger mass and higher forces this stuff brings to the game of football.

And then you got guys like Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. BOTH GUYS KNOW THE JUICE IS IN THEIR LOCKEROOM.

Kirby is a simpleton cheater and will whatever he needs to do in the here and now to win. He couldn't care less about his players and any harm he could be bringing to his players buy turning a blind eye to it. Mark my words - Kirby Smart is one of the dirtiest, lowest ethics coaches in the game today. Much like Hugh Freeze, he'll deny and blah blah blah, but eventually he will get exposed for the POS he is.

And then you have Saban. He's coached in the NFL and he understands this PE game very well. He knows it's what makes guys more competitive from a strength and aggression stanpoint. But alas, his will to win football games and make a name for himself has him doing whatever needs to be done to make his team the "best". He is a good coach, don't get me wrong, but he flagrantly breaks rules and ethics in his S&C program, apparently convincing himself it's okay because they all do it at the next level and many college teams partake as well.

It's a darn shame. Somehow, someway, it needs to be cleaned up. At least at the college level. Nick Saban, Kirby Smart - they're crooks so to speak, and it needs to stop right now.

The NCAA has shown time and time again they have NO balls. They will do nothing. It will take some sort of new order, like the playoff committee anf school presidents and ADs for example, to form a new alliance - create the playoffs and FAIR competition rules.

A simple step would be to test the players. During the season and before bowls and playoffs. Blood samples are need to test for things like testosterone sustanon, but it's worth it. Ensurr the players compete on the same playing field as far performance enhancers go.

And save me the current garbage where theyre enforcing marijuana type drug tests, and allowing schools to police the rest. Do you think Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, and moral-less jackholes like Scott Cochran give a rats butt about the future health complications that can arise by allowing and even pushing this stuff? The answer is no. They don't care. Winning, that's what they care about. As far as S&C, it's no holds barred.

Guys like Kirby and Nick (at least from the PE standpoint), and losers like Scott Cochran are very, very bad for the game.

It needs to be put it in check. If I knew Dan Radakowicz I'd ask him to make this a discussion item within the committee. Something like - All playoff teams must submit to blood testing to detect things such as testosterone sustanon.

Re: What do you know, you ask?

Jan 4, 2018, 12:41 PM

I'm not sure that everyone, or anyone is juicing just due to lack of evidence.

But I do remember an Alabama player a few years back that had muscles behind his eyebrows and I thought that was kind of weird.

Re: What do you know, you ask?

Jan 4, 2018, 1:16 PM [ in reply to What do you know, you ask? ]

This was a rather long winded rant. But to some degree you have reeled me in and I want to hear more. When you look at Alabama's secondary and backs, I don't know if these guys are just a different breed or what. Are they just finding Bo Scarborough's out there and have a knack for finding them? Or are they actually doing as you say they are and supplying PED's? Certainly an interesting argument to be had.

Can tell you right now all of our guys are clean and despite a biased opinion, they are of the highest character of any power 5 football program. And for that reason I am proud of the guys we recruit and nurture in our University.

I cannot tell you that all our guys are clean.

Jan 4, 2018, 2:28 PM

But I do KNOW Mr. Batson is not allowed to condone and provide PE usage. These are one the VERY clear items that would be listed under Dabo's "we do things the right way" rulebook. Maybe we could have David Hood ask Dabo at some point, point blank, if you don't believe me.

But as far as that loser Kirby Smart. HE CHEATS ON MANY LEVELS. He simply wants to win. He's witnessed first-hand how Saban has built an empire, and he's taken many of the same (exploitation of rules) into the UGA program.

Nick Saban knows good and well his players are cycling. He knows it and allows it because 1) he wants to win at all costs, and 2) he's seen how its done at the next level. He allows his S&C staff to run it within these guidelines, i.e. cycles of PEs.

And that brings us to one Scottie Cochran. The guys knows, condones, charts, monitors, and provides the PEs to the players. Scott Cochran is scum. Whether or not his boss told him to do what he needs to do. Cochran is a POS, period. Cycles can be managed to allow a man's body to not completely stop producing testosterone, but the thing is - we're talking about 18-22 years olds who are overflowing with testestosterone as it is. But then then to condone, provide, monitor, and coach PE cycles, that's a horrible crime to push at any level let alone the amatuer college level.

Someone, some new order so to speak, needs to step the game up. X amount of starting players MUST submit to blood tests, during the season and especially prior to bowl and playoffs games. Otherwise, you're allowing unfair advantages to scumbags like Kirby Smart and NFL-program like coach Nick Saban. They already get good players - let that stand on its on. Make players and coaches play on an even playing field. It's getting muddier every day, and somethings needs to be instituted immediately, starting next season.

Dan Radakowicz, are you listening sir? Please help to be a foundation that puts an end to the madness that's creeping in college, AMATUER athletics. Blood tests in-season and post season.

And save me the "oh but it's expensive nonsense". These schools are overflowing in millions of dollars. Time to dedicate some of that to eveninng the playing field and return college football back to its innocence, in this regard.

I will stand on this soapbax and yell towards the coasts. It needs to be fixed and it needs to be fixed today. Frankly, this is not that difficult of a matter and it needs to be pushed into the system criteria right now. Today.

Just have a good look when the Alabama and UGA "savages" play for the national title. Looks at the size of arms, legs, hips. Look at the definition. All programs lift the same steel and whatnot, but some program use steel plus unfair PEs.

It's wrecking the pure game, and it needs to end right away. Post this on any and every message board. Personally, I have some ideas to push this agrenda on a national level. Guys like Paul Finebaum, and the mouth breathers on ESPN, many of them ex-athletes who KNOW EXACTLY WHAT'S GOING ON.

First, start the discussion. Next, fix it (eg. blood testing, etc.). Its the right thing to do, and it needs to be done. Now.

Still on my soapbax. Will be here.

What Coach? Too Vague Slick! You Have to Do Better

Jan 4, 2018, 12:40 PM

Which coach?

Which coach took a team that lost 75% of it's national championship offense to the NFL and graduation that overachieved and sent this team to the CFP playoffs as the ACC Champs and #1 seed?

Which coach is responsible for the debacle?

The only real thing that needs to be evaluate is the QB position this spring and fall.

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Jan 4, 2018, 12:44 PM

I post a thought or an opinion and instead get blasted. Well forgive the f out of me.

Well.Hall will be hired on the 9th as the 10th asst.

Jan 4, 2018, 1:07 PM

Jan 4, 2018, 12:46 PM

Just give Dabo and Co. a little time and we will be back to this.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/player/WATCH-Clemson-OL-destroys-Alabama-DT-Gallman-TD-25817

This video is the main reason Payne had

Jan 4, 2018, 7:44 PM

one of the best games of his career Monday night. He was embarrassed. And he should have been. He was destroyed on that play.

But Payne, being part of Scott Cochran's pharmacy, was jacked, juiced, and 110% juiced on Monday night. Payne uses, not one single doubt about it.

Jan 4, 2018, 1:23 PM

So you are putting this loss on the same level as the WVU loss? Wow.

Not even close to the WVU loss.

Jan 4, 2018, 1:34 PM

Not much tragic about that loss now either.It was a blessing in disguise that brought us BV.

Here's the thing

Jan 4, 2018, 2:42 PM

I got very amused this year with every team we beat wanting to fire their offensive line coach, or offensive coach. The fact of the matter is their o-line coach was not to blame for their debacle against us as we were just too good of a defense. WE certainly don't need to push the panic button because we got shut down on offense by Bama. They are, along with ours, one of the two best defensive lines in the country. I do get a little concerned that our offense sputters at times against lesser competition, but Alabama defense was just much better than our offensive line.

Our defense was better than Bama's offensive line, but they did drive for 10 points thanks to getting the ball at midfield for all of the first quarter. Another 7 points came off of a pick six and another came from a dribe that started at our 27-yd line.

We were not the better team, Bama was and should have won. But let's say we start the game on defense and they have a three and out and the field position is reversed in the first quarter. As it was, it was a 10-6 game with us driving to go ahead in the third quarter. Let's say the field position was reversed in the first quarter, it could have actually been an old fashioned defensive struggle from beginning to end.

We scored 38, 34, 31, 38 against our last 4 power five games. I don't think there is anything wrong with our offense. We would have scored a lot of points on Oklahoma. Would we have beaten Olahoma? I don't know, but I don't think Venables would have allowed Oklahoma to score 31 in the first half. I think Clemson or Bama defense would hav done to Oklahoma from the get go what it took Georgia to the second half to start doing.

Jan 4, 2018, 8:23 PM

What did you smoke prior to this post. I will be satisfied with our current staff. They only won 12 games this year , a NC and 14 games last year and I believe in 2015 we won 14 games.
I believe this coaching staff knows what is going on. Why disrupt such excellent continuity with our coaching staff and players as well as recruits. We lost Monday night but don’t burn the building down and start over because of one loss to one of the top 4 schools.

Go Tigers! Congrats to Dabo and Co and the players for an exciting successful season.12-2

It looks like we could go into 2018 ranked in the top 5.

Based on all of the above and you want to get rid of one of the coaches????? If your post is meant to be sarcasm you missed it! If it’s how you really feel then maybe you should really think before posting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic