Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't get the Free Speech thing???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1,081

I don't get the Free Speech thing???

May 12, 2014, 10:06 AM

So, it's OK to express yourself by kissing your boyfriend of your same sex on national TV, but if that does not quite go to your liking and you express that on Twitter, you get reprimanded, suspended and ordered to undergo counseling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't get the Free Speech thing???

May 12, 2014, 10:07 AM

That's not what free speech means.

Wait, which part????

May 12, 2014, 7:53 PM

The display or the disgust?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

May 12, 2014, 10:09 AM

Everything you just listed was exercised validly under the 1st.

HTH...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's quite clear you don't get the whole free speech

May 12, 2014, 10:10 AM

thing. My suggestion is to go read the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. It will likely be pretty clear after that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 12, 2014, 10:13 AM

You are free to express prejudices, however be prepared to suffer the consequences. This is true of any situation where the popular view is deemed the correct view, especially with regards to minority groups. And no, expressing prejudices against minorities does not lend itself to debate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell a white upper class Christian man with

May 12, 2014, 10:28 AM

A wife and 2 Kids to walk into a Baptist church full of white upper upper class men with 2 Kids and tell the congregation that gay marriage should be legal.

Let me know how tolerant the majority is toward the majority.

In the game of political correctness, everyone is lOOser.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You tell a white upper class Christian man with

May 12, 2014, 10:30 AM

That all depends? Is one of the kids gay? Is the preacher an obvious but closeted raging homosexual?

Also, why do all these queers keep trying to shove things down our throat?

Wait, wut?

Re: You tell a white upper class Christian man with

May 12, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to You tell a white upper class Christian man with ]

If a white upper class Christian man with 2 kids walks into a Baptist church and announces to the congregation full of other white upper class Christians that gay marriage should be legal ... he is trying to start trouble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2014, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't get the Free Speech thing??? ]

But the minority groups can say anything they want about the majority and that's OK ? I get it now

May 12, 2014, 10:40 AM

Yes. Both groups can say whatever they please. What were you confused about?

But we all know that isn't the case...

May 12, 2014, 11:40 AM

We see it time and time again, one side really can't say whatever they please without losing their job, having to undergo sensitivity training, etc. You're either all for the gay agenda, or you're the enemy and must be destroyed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Must be Destroyed^^^^^^^^^***

May 12, 2014, 11:41 AM

I'm kind of surprised you haven't been destroyed yet

May 12, 2014, 11:45 AM

What with that lack of updates and all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since when does a person's sexual preference

May 12, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't get the Free Speech thing??? ]

make them a "minority" exactly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Since when does a person's sexual preference

May 12, 2014, 11:35 AM

It doesn't. However if that person's sexual identity is not that of the majority, they are considered part of a minority.

May 12, 2014, 11:41 AM

Am I mistaken that you just referred to gay people as a minority? If so my apologies. I have no problem whatsoever what consenting adults choose to do behind closed doors. I have always thought it to be a dangerous step to start considering homosexuals a "minority" group.

GO TIGERS!!

May 12, 2014, 11:49 AM

I did, yes. I didn't deem them a minority group. Talk to society about that. The dangerous step has been taken.

Fair enough. Just don't care for it.***

May 12, 2014, 11:53 AM

GO TIGERS!!

May 12, 2014, 10:14 AM

We can tell

null

preach it brother! don't let the morans get you down...***

May 12, 2014, 10:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: preach it brother! don't let the morans get you down...***

May 12, 2014, 10:24 AM

^^^I feel like you're trying to suppress my free speech with this post. Don't know why, just do

Free speech as defined in the Constitution is........

May 12, 2014, 10:34 AM

focused mainly as I understand it on your right to say what you feel without the government suppressing your right to do so or putting you in jail, etc.

You're free to say what you want about others but be prepared for backlash from others that you may then get. And you risk getting sued if you defame someone by what you say.

Yes, you can say what you want but be prepared to handle the consequences.

May 12, 2014, 10:42 AM

After reading this thread, I am so skeered to ever say anything against anyone again.

lmao.

People speak "freely" on Twitter, notsomuch on TV***

May 12, 2014, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The political correctness police are watching you!

May 12, 2014, 10:45 AM

Always remember you are free to express your own opinion, as long as it is in line with theirs!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does not understand free speech^^^^***

May 12, 2014, 11:40 AM

#######, I am well aware the 1A only applies to gov't

May 15, 2014, 10:42 AM

restrictions on speech. I certainly don't think the OP was referring to his constitutional right to speech without governmental restriction, which is "free speech" in the legal sense. Rather, I assumed he was using "free speech" as it is used colloquially (which, again, I realize is not a guaranteed right) to refer to how certain opinions are received in the court of public opinion, to which I responded. But thanks for playing...

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, you don't understand free speech

May 12, 2014, 11:21 AM

I have the constitutional right to call my boss a donkey ###### in our meeting today (as an aside, I have no reason to believe that he is not a donkey ######) but he has the right to fire me for exercising my right to free speech.

This has been a free lesson in free speech provided by DrTigerAlum, fell free to share it with your friends.

wait a minute...

May 12, 2014, 11:43 AM

Dr. Ew?

Sort of like Dr. Dre

May 12, 2014, 11:44 AM

Except without a billion dollars.

I'm a man hating, homophoic, racist transvestite

May 12, 2014, 12:53 PM

that likes to burn down everyone's houses.. but I dont tweet about it. If I did, I'd never fit in with my peers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I find that difficult to accept,

May 12, 2014, 2:17 PM

I'm a woman loving, tolerant, live-and-let-live kind of fellow. I thought you were my counterpart kind of woman, so I'm crushed. Regards.

Re: Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

May 12, 2014, 4:59 PM

I may have fibbed a little. wink

Replies: 33
| visibility 1,081
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic