Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Is Deshaun Watson a can't miss NFL Star?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Is Deshaun Watson a can't miss NFL Star?

Aug 24, 2016, 5:19 PM

WATCH: Is Deshaun Watson a can't miss NFL Star?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes if he stays healthy on the right team.

Aug 24, 2016, 5:25 PM

I think in that scenario is a HOF type guy.

Yes.***

Aug 24, 2016, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

This guy is try as sorry as they come.

Aug 24, 2016, 6:05 PM

Wants so bad to label DW as dual-threat, but knows he can't because he happened to hear DW's comments last week. So he comes up with the next best way to label him as dual-threat by calling him a QB with escapability. Lol...what a moron.

Dude it's a compliment. You are the sorry one

Aug 24, 2016, 7:37 PM

He's comparing our QB to some of the top QBs in the game and you call it an insult?

Snowflake Basher........Out

I didn't call it an insult...DW did genius. Maybe you should

Aug 24, 2016, 11:26 PM

keep up with Clemson news a little more and you would know that. It's been on ACC Network, Jim Rome, etc all week. But I do think Cowherd is an insult to radio.

fool***

Aug 24, 2016, 10:01 PM [ in reply to This guy is try as sorry as they come. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Is Deshaun Watson a can't miss NFL Star?

Aug 25, 2016, 12:40 AM

I think a lot of it depends on what team he ends up on. Some teams will pass on Deshaun simply because he doesn't fit the "prototypical NFL QB standard". On the flip side, there are a few coaching staffs who will prefer Deshaun over the 6'4, 220 lb pocket passer. In my opinion, Watson can be just as productive as Russell Wilson. It's not for the most obvious reasons, (ability to throw and run equally as dangerous) instead it comes down to the mental aspect. Both guys are so calm on and off the field. Sure, you can get away with raw talent on most Saturdays, but on Sundays you have to be level headed and Deshaun is almost zen like even with bodies flying all around him. Reminds me a lot of Wilson. So I think if he keeps that calmness about him he'll be just fine.

Andrew Luck? Russell Wilson? Seriously?

Aug 25, 2016, 5:58 AM

Deshaun Watson is Cam Newton made over without the cocky attitude. The reason why? Watson attended a bunch of Cam Newton Camps in High School. They're close friends and his style is very similar to Cam's QB play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Way smaller than Cam and much different for the NFL.

Aug 25, 2016, 6:41 AM

He wouldn't be like Cam in the NFL. He wouldn't last physically. He is similar in college though, but it is a way better passer. I think it's time to say that Watson is just one of a kind.

Re: Andrew Luck? Russell Wilson? Seriously?

Aug 26, 2016, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Andrew Luck? Russell Wilson? Seriously? ]

Attending Cam Newton's camps and being close friends with him doesn't mean he's the same type of player. In college, yes, Deshaun does run a lot of QB Power between the tackles like Cam did at Auburn. However, we're talking about the NFL. Cam was able to translate that style to the next level because he's 6'6 and probably outweighs Deshaun by 40 lbs. Watson won't be able to run over and through defenders in the NFL the way he can now. That's why I said his biggest attribute at the next level will be his mind. Hence the comparison to Russell Wilson. Yes, they can both throw and escape the pocket very well, but being calm under pressure is why I chose that comparison.

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Is Deshaun Watson a can't miss NFL Star?

Aug 25, 2016, 4:07 PM

Let me sum this up "duh"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even nfl failure would not diminish dw's college career

Aug 26, 2016, 1:02 PM

he wont fail..but the question makes me think of woody dantzler, one of my 2 or 3 favorite alltime tigers..his failure to make it to the nfl does absolutely not degrade woody's incredible college career..and neither would it dim dw's college accomplishments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic