Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Pelosi has a temper tantrum and tears up the speech...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 663

So Pelosi has a temper tantrum and tears up the speech...

Feb 7, 2020, 4:33 PM

The response... a temper tantrum on what she did was illegal.

Stuff like this is why I pretty much avoid political news or conversation with strangers about politics.

This country needs a party to grow up and act mature... or better yet, do away with partys. Then a lot of people would have no clue who to vote for and hopefully just wouldnt vote.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not the parties, it's the current people

Feb 7, 2020, 4:37 PM

And that includes the people electing them. The rancor is what people want right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm trying to follow you...

Feb 7, 2020, 4:46 PM

and in part including comments below...So forgive me if I'm misunderstanding.

Parties are made of people, no? Obviously many voters are indeed voting platform issues, but I think a lot of people are grasping at straws. That is my whole thought about Trump being in office. He says he's going to drain the swamp. Well, the parties aren't doing anything and haven't.

We've got lifers in there that constantly make promises but never follow-though - certainly not all of their fault.

Then the voters keep swinging back and forth. One party gets control. The other blocks. It goes the other way. Fighting, name calling, belittling and diminishing each other. Wash. rinse. Repeat.

It seems to me the parties need to get it together and set the example. Most people I know outside an anonymous message board are decent people. Even those with whom I disagree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but I think the parties are pretty natural coalitions

Feb 7, 2020, 5:01 PM

You're not going to get rid "the parties" any more than you're going to get rid of different points of view. I guess the other option is to have a bunch of single-issue or specialized parties that would have to form ad hoc coalitions in order to have majorities, but is that really any better? I don't think most people have such eccentric views that they're completely misrepresented by the current parties.

But right now, what people seem to want is parties that are at each other's throats. They take that as as sign of authenticity and being serious about defeating the other side, rather than people who supposedly never follow through. And, ironically, the people who seem to be leading the charge of party partisanship aren't exactly people we'd normally think of as party doctrinaires. It's those "doctrinaire" party insiders who are the most likely to have a sense of decorum, but also those same people who are viewed as "the swamp."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is exactly how the Founding Fathers set it up.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:05 PM

They wanted the parties to be in conflict. That conflict prevents federal growth. They made it almost impossible to change the constitution. They made it very difficult to create nation changing laws. They made it nearly impossible for permanent moves in either political direction.

The pendulum is suppose to swing because that by nature crosses the middle as often as it touches either extreme.

Thinking things are getting really bad or worse than they've ever been is forgetting that political heroes of the past held pistols and shot at one another. Until Pelosi challenges Trump to a dual I think we might all be consoled that things aren't really getting bad yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear that, although I'm sure whether...

Feb 7, 2020, 9:20 PM

the two-party system was designed or simply evolved. My contention is if the people we have now were in charge, with the animosity therein, I'm not sure we would have a Constitution or the Bill of Rights compromise.

The Founders disagreed, but for the most part respected differing views. I'm sure there was some downright hate and vitriol, but I cannot imagine them trying to destroy each other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's impossible to know.

Feb 7, 2020, 11:10 PM

Perhaps if Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, Trump, Pence and the other main characters had been oppressed by the crown, come here seeking opportunity and riches they too could have thrashed out a union of states by offering a federal government which consisted of those state with power limited to national security, foreign affairs and managed by those state they too could have seen the benefit of uniting for their common good.

However, the bunch of idiots I listed along with the fools like us who put them in office would never have crafted such a constitution as the one this nation was founded upon. It's a worthy conversation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only caveat to that is many opposed "factions"

Feb 10, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to This is exactly how the Founding Fathers set it up. ]

I'm not sure the current parties would qualify as factions, though.

Re: It's not the parties, it's the current people

Feb 7, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to It's not the parties, it's the current people ]

You are correct. We saw Reagan, both Bush's and now Trump being viciously attacked and lied about, being called a racist until finally Trump supporters were called a basket of deplorables, racist, white nationalist, compared to NAZI brown shirts, in bed with Putin and you don't think we are fed up with the left getting away without being resisted openly with strong rhetoric?

Yeah, I like that Trump gives what he gets.

Ok, but...

Feb 10, 2020, 5:14 PM

that makes it sound like you think the anti-conservative rhetoric was fair game. The idea that the left wasn't being openly resisted with strong rhetoric is just false. The difference is that others responded like adults.

Let's also not pretend like Trump's character or stature was comparable to Reagan's or the Bush's. While a lot of the SJW-inflected criticism is off base, he brought much of the criticism on himself.

Re: So Pelosi has a temper tantrum and tears up the speech...

Feb 7, 2020, 8:13 PM

Wipe out all cable news media. Problem solved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope that would make it worse.

Feb 7, 2020, 8:19 PM

Liberals dominate written media in both print and online. That's what we had before Fox Network. I admit that MSM got deeper between the sheets with the DNC after Fox was born but they completely controlled the narroritive before Fox.

Replies: 11
| visibility 663
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic