Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quarterbacks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,420

Quarterbacks

Dec 16, 2014, 10:07 AM

I was looking at the number of QBs we have on scholarship and there will be no scholarship QBs in the spring unless Tucker Israel and Kelly Bryant come in early. The only returning QBs listed on scholarship are Watson, Israel, and Bryant. I guess the others are on financial aid. How could this happen?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One QB had a career ending injury...

Dec 16, 2014, 10:09 AM

One QB transferred...

One QB got kicked outta school....

YWIA

One little QB had roast beef

Dec 16, 2014, 2:14 PM

One little QB had none

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Kelly, Morgan Roberts and Tony McNeal have all left the program***

Dec 16, 2014, 10:09 AM

Re: Quarterbacks

Dec 16, 2014, 10:11 AM

We have been over this again and again. Schuessler was placed on scholarship vacated by Chad Kelly. Kelly's departure may have been one of the more detrimental things to happen to us this year. Nevertheless, if he had stayed and Watson wasn't injured then you would have Watson, Kelly, Schuessler (maybe not on scholly) Bryant and Israel. This could be a blessing in disguise. There is no question who is going to start next year. However, there is a big question mark for 2nd team. This gives the newcomers the perfect opportunity to battle it out with Schuessler for the 2 spot.

Yes, and RS one of the 2 freshmen.***

Dec 16, 2014, 10:16 AM

Re: Yes, and RS one of the 2 freshmen.***

Dec 16, 2014, 10:20 AM

I don't know that you'll see either of the freshman redshirt. That would leave us too thin at QB again.

We also have Austin Mackaskile sp

Dec 16, 2014, 11:20 AM

as a walk on at QB

Look, i see absolutely no way that Kelly staying would

Dec 16, 2014, 10:31 AM

have worked out well even if you think Dabo was wrong for kicking him off the team. Kelly absolutely doesn't strike me a the kind of guy that was going to stick around if he got beat out by Watson, so 1 of 2 things would happen. 1) Watson beats him out, Kelly transfers. 2) Kelly keeps Watson on the bench by playing just well enough for the staff to hold Watson back.

I'm perfectly fine with what happened. Sure it sucks that Watson got hurt a couple of times, but I'm glad we have a very clear picture of what the QB situation is going to be for the next 2-3 years, and that picture is an absolute stud leading us.

As long as we're rewriting history,

Dec 16, 2014, 11:47 AM

If Kelly had used the challenges life placed in his way to grow, he could have been in the catbird seat this fall. He might have beaten Cole out, he might not have. He certainly appeared to be the better athlete and it might have been his lack of maturity that held him back. Watson was going to play regardless, but what if Kelly had gotten his act together. The FSU and UGa games still probably go down as losses, but we probably improve steadily over the course of the season with a mature Kelly under center.

Both freshmen will be here in January***

Dec 16, 2014, 10:37 AM

Re: Quarterbacks

Dec 16, 2014, 11:07 AM

I think it’s crucial that we sign a transfer QB…Perhaps a one year guy like we did with Olsen this year, but hopefully one that is mobile and fits our system better.

Think about it, Watson hasn’t proven he can get thru a spring camp or 3 full games without getting hurt, and next season he’ll start the year with a knee that’s not going to be 100%.

I'm not knocking the guy because he's a stud, but let's be realistic, the odds that he’ll play all 12 games next year are pretty slim.

That means our season will likely depend on a QB that couldn’t beat out Cole Stoudt and two true freshmen that from what I’ve heard are very talented and full of potential, but who are also very raw project type QB’s that would benefit greatly from a redshirt year.

That doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy for some reason.

Not gonna happen

Dec 16, 2014, 11:52 AM

Sure, getting a veteran signal caller as a back up would be great, but I just don't see it happening. Maybe a great back up graduates and thinks that either he can beat out Watson, or that he's willing to be the understudy, but there aren't a lot of those guys running around. Even bigger than that, a guy like that probably wants to go some place where he stands a better chance of winning the starting job.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,420
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic