Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PS Vue vs YouTube TV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

PS Vue vs YouTube TV

Nov 21, 2017, 8:50 AM

Thinking of dropping DirecTV when we move, and going with one of these two after reviewing the lineups and pricing tiers. Just curious if anyone has any good/bad experiences with either of them.

Secondly, how do either compare to Pronhub?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I chose Sling over PS Vue. Better selection

Nov 21, 2017, 8:57 AM

On Sling I have sports package plus basic. About $40 a month. MUCH more sports, ESPN3, and the history channel in the basic lineup.

Just my $0.02

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have heard Sling has a worse picture quality than Vue

Nov 21, 2017, 8:59 AM

but I cannot kangfirm this. My parents have HuluLive and Vue blows it out of the water.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems fine for me.***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had both and could not tell a difference***

Nov 21, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to I have heard Sling has a worse picture quality than Vue ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interdasting...very interdasting***

Nov 21, 2017, 10:18 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I chose Sling over PS Vue. Better selection

Nov 21, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I chose Sling over PS Vue. Better selection ]

Really? I actually chose PS Vue for the reason of sports...I thought the package was a bit better with Vue. Regardless, it's much better than what I was getting with Comcast.

One of the reasons I didn't go with YouTube TV was because I thought their sports offerings weren't fantastic and I need to be able to watch as much college football as possible while I still can haha.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PS Vue user for over a year here...ZERO problems except

Nov 21, 2017, 8:58 AM

I think the price is about to go up $10/month, possibly this month

AND

Viacom channels were on Vue when I started, now they are not.

Roku just got an updated APP with an actual guide now, so that is awesome. It is a little harder to get to the DVR'd and On-Demand shows, but the guide makes up for it.

YouTubeTV wasn't available on Roku yet, IIRC...I may try that one out. The picture quality on Vue has been fine.

Yes, I noticed the Viacom issue

Nov 21, 2017, 9:04 AM

That's really the one gap both of those I am considering are missing solely due to Nick channels. Aside from that they both have pretty much everything we'd need, and what they don't have are not deal breakers. I've looked at Sling as well but in the end seems like Vue or YouTube are better options. The nice thing about any of them is that if you don't like one you're not tied to it.

Paw Patrol, my brother. The kids miss it, but they got over

Nov 21, 2017, 9:06 AM

it pretty quick.

My plan is to load up DVDs with everything they'll lose.

Nov 21, 2017, 9:09 AM

Won't get the new episodes, but with as much crap as we have on the DVR right now (Hello 95 episodes of Loud House alone), that should more than suffice.

Those aholes not only went up in price, they added THREE

Nov 21, 2017, 11:19 AM [ in reply to PS Vue user for over a year here...ZERO problems except ]

Hallmark channels. Not one, THREE. One dedicated to Christmas movies I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTubeTV is about to launch a Roku App...I'll be on that

Nov 21, 2017, 11:22 AM

one when it launches.

Don't tell my wife this or we'll have this and cable.***

Nov 21, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Those aholes not only went up in price, they added THREE ]

ROH

DirecTV user here. Switching to Roku with Hulu.

Nov 21, 2017, 9:15 AM

Check out their channels, it's everything we wanted with local channels, sports (all the ESPNs), and added premium HBO. Plus, they have cloud DVR.

The Roku interface seems the easiest to use. Plus, you can put apps like WatchESPN (ESPN3), Plex (home storage of songs, pics, videos), HBO Now, etc.

I tested several others.

Sling - No local CBS channel but has cloud DVR. (Hulu has CBS)
DirectvNOW - No local CBS channel and no cloud DVR. (Hulu has CBS)
YouTube Live - There aren't any "real" channels, just feeds from different sources. Some are bad stream quality. (Weird trying to find stuff and even then could be bad picture.)

Not a Hulu or Roku rep, but definitely pleased with the transition from regular DirecTV.

I added a few things, HBO (mentioned earlier), extra cloud DVR space, unlimited amount of streams (number of tv's/devices watching at same time), and it came out to be $75/month. Basically the same features as DirectTV, but $100 less per month.

I suggest at least checking the different streaming options. They usually have a 7 to 14 day trial period.

For pronhub, I stick to my laptop with VPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had Sling but switched to PS Vue

Nov 21, 2017, 9:33 AM

I dropped sling after they charged my card (and refused to cancel) for a boxing match which I did not order. $106 charge. First, no one else except me had access to my sling account. Second, during dinner one night, I received an emailed receipt from Sling for purchase of boxing match. Third, I immediately called Sling which was 3 hrs before the match. They refused to cancel so I canceled Sling. I'm currently in a billing dispute with them and Amex.

That said, but for the fraud/billing dispute from Sling, I think I'd prefer sling to PS Vue because (1) Sling is a better value and (2) I liked Sling's interface better. PS Vue does offer better local channel offerings and better cable news offerings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure YoutubeTV is available everywhere yet

Nov 21, 2017, 11:50 AM

more specifically, wherever you may be...that might influence your decision, lol

it's been a while since I checked, too, maybe it's more widespread now

It is...Charlotte has it, Greenville has it...just only on

Nov 21, 2017, 12:16 PM

Chromecast for now. Go to sign up for it and you can see what channels are available.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic