Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers are fortunate to have Chase Brice: The kid can play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers are fortunate to have Chase Brice: The kid can play

Apr 16, 2019, 8:14 AM

Tigers are fortunate to have Chase Brice: The kid can play

Clemson’s offense is in good hands with quarterback Trevor Lawrence, but the Tigers’ quarterback room is made even stronger because backup Chase Brice can flat out play. All one has to do is watch tape of last season’s comeback win over Syracuse or any of the other games in which Brice played. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MR. 4TH AND SIX

Apr 16, 2019, 8:25 AM

May God bless Chase Brice.

The kid will get as much free tail and booze as his heart desires

Apr 16, 2019, 8:28 AM

He’s going to live forever in Clemson lore, no matter what his next few years entail.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: TNET: Tigers are fortunate to have Chase Brice: The kid can play

Apr 16, 2019, 8:33 AM

Clemson 4th and 6. It is ok, we got #7.

Apr 16, 2019, 8:39 AM

I love that he’s there to push and challenge TL. TL will be all the better for it.

Yes, His pass was huuge but I admired his tenaciousness & long run afterwards..

Apr 16, 2019, 8:56 AM

Saying, he was determined to succeed and win..which he did!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, His pass was huuge but I admired his tenaciousness & long run afterwards..

Apr 16, 2019, 6:04 PM

Loved his run against the coots.

Apr 16, 2019, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers are fortunate to have Chase Brice: The kid can play ]

+1

This time last year, a lot of the player interviews took place where you could see the QBs working with Streeter in the background.

Chase and Trevor were always interacting with each other. Kelly, not so much.

Then they would start the drills, and Trevor would put on his game face. Whatever, Kelly did, Trevor matched. I love that with Kelly gone, and the roles changed, Trevor knows that Chase is stalking him the same way he stalked Kelly. Friendly competition is healthy.

Apr 16, 2019, 12:41 PM

Absolutely Rw43, without healthy competition with like players in every position group, there won't ever be any improvement for as we say good iron sharpening using other good iron. Our coaches can teach the basics and techniques until they turn blue in the face, but players will not develop to their next stage of development (growth/sharpening) without other good talent to test them selves against... There is the time for developing through practicing where better young talent helps to sharpen the skills of the older talent, and when the actual games are played at full speed, it will prove how well players have developed in practice. Iron sharpening Iron!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 9:40 AM

;) :)

Apr 16, 2019, 10:06 AM

I said this before, and I will gladly say it again. Before Chase was given the thumps up confidence from our fan base that the kid can play, I said several time that Hunter Johnson and Chase Brice would be much better QB'S than anybody wanted to give them credit for. I just like seeing or watching the HS game film of the kids that I know will be wearing the Paw, and in their HS game film you could see that those two QB'S had what it takes to be very good college QB'S. After college, I don't have a clue bc I'm not a big NFL fan, and I actually thought that Tajh Boyd was going to be a NFL QB star, and as it turned out, I know nothing about what the NFL looks for in a QB. College FB is where my heart is!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 12:25 AM

Yep - mine too allorange !! Love college football - especially the Tigers !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Not suggesting there's a controversy or anything, but I

Apr 16, 2019, 10:51 AM

thought Brice clearly played better in the Spring game in their limited sample sizes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not suggesting there's a controversy or anything, but I

Apr 16, 2019, 10:38 PM

You are smoking crack. TL had a great game. He dealt with drops, fewer starting offensive line, walk-on receivers fumbling passes, and going against Venebles. How anyone can watch the spring game and say Brice played better is beyond my powers of comprehension. Watch it again. TL was sharper, make quicker and better decisions, and threw darts all over the field. He can’t catch his own passes or block for himself.

Apr 16, 2019, 11:16 AM

Brice is tough but Taisun is coming.

Apr 16, 2019, 1:40 PM

much like Kelly bryan saw Trevor coming a mile away, Chase just needs to be better then him when the time comes, period

Apr 16, 2019, 11:44 AM

I wonder whats going to happen when DJ gets on campus? Is TL only going to play 3 years? He has said 4 in interviews. Then Chase, but he graduates in a couple. Taisun plays or does DJ come in and take over? I can hardly wait to see, but im going to enjoy watching it all

Apr 16, 2019, 11:58 AM

I often wondered the same thing. If DJ does come I would expect him to RS for a year and still get his 4 games in but his RS FR I expect it to be similar to what we saw this past season with Kelly and Trevor. Brice will most likely start the season but around game 4 DJ will take over the position. I hate it for Brice bc he deserves to be a starter for a full season but there’s no way you keep a player like DJ on the sideline.

Apr 16, 2019, 1:19 PM

The Tigers are not in the least bit fortunate ......

If you create a great environment, kids want to come and play for you.
If you employ people who can evaluate talent, then you recruit good players.

Put these two things together and fortune doesn't enter into it. It's just common sense.

Apr 16, 2019, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers are fortunate to have Chase Brice: The kid can play ]

I truly believe if Brice started the Tigers still win games. He is talented and knows the offense . 2 DEEP , ALL IN. Go Tigers!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 10:04 PM

Insurance Policy #7.......we’re in good hands!!!! Go Tigers

If he were that good, we wouldn't have needed to convert on

Apr 16, 2019, 4:59 PM

4th down.

Re: If he were that good, we wouldn't have needed to convert on

Apr 16, 2019, 10:38 PM

Well....if memory serves we were down 16-7 when TL went out. I would say we are in good hands with Chase as a back up or starter McIdiot

Apr 16, 2019, 6:12 PM

The old Holy Moley... If something happens to The Son, we just plug in The Son...Can you imagine if Trevor went down and The Universe contracted... and Brice sauntered in and WON IT ALL!!!! The Coots would..................................................................................

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes - Chase Brice is definitely the best backup college QB .....

Apr 17, 2019, 12:24 AM

..... I have ever, ever seen !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

My only question about Chase is...

Apr 17, 2019, 2:09 AM

I wonder how good he is at BUNTING?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My only question about Chase is...

Apr 17, 2019, 5:57 AM

I guess that is a good and fair question!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic