Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Coaches' message on QB situation changes after Lawrence's Atlanta performance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Coaches' message on QB situation changes after Lawrence's Atlanta performance

Sep 22, 2018, 8:46 PM

Coaches' message on QB situation changes after Lawrence's Atlanta performance

When it comes to the Clemson quarterback situation, the message from the Clemson coaching staff was consistent after four weeks of fall camp and the first three weeks of the season. That message changed Saturday night in the recesses of Bobby Dodd Stadium. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Coaches' message on QB situation changes after Lawrence's Atlanta performance

Sep 22, 2018, 8:50 PM

I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Sooner rather than later.

I love KB but man TL is just that good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may as well groom him to get him ready for the playoffs

Sep 22, 2018, 8:51 PM

the more reps and experience by then the better..hes going to make some mistakes but he can learn from them

one thing that Dabo isn’t is:

Sep 22, 2018, 9:01 PM

Stupid. No way that he is going to divulge his game plan for next week so why do you think he is going to tell you anything. I really like everything about this coaching staff and I can’t imagine a Tiger fan who isn’t satisfied with the way our program is soaring. We could easily be stuck with something like you see in Columbia or Tallahassee or Raleigh but our leaders have great knowledge of athletics and we are fortunate to have the very best. Don’t run him off!
It’s great to have an opinion but don’t let it affect the way you support your team. Somewhere down the road you may get the chance to say “I told you so”..... but I doubt it!

Re: one thing that Dabo isn’t is:

Sep 22, 2018, 9:21 PM

Publishing a depth chart is not divulging a game plan. It’s not like Syracuse isn’t going to prepare for Lawerence if Dabo avoids sharing who the starter is.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:50 AM [ in reply to one thing that Dabo isn’t is: ]

smdh...how does telling it hurt a thing? A starter is just the guy that starts the game...that doesn't one once mean they won't face both. Right now with KB the starter, they still have to prepare for Lawrence...change to Lawrence as the starter, doesn't mean KB doesn't get snaps they have to prepare for. I really don't get that line of thinking.

Sep 23, 2018, 9:30 PM

You would if you understood the coaches mindset. Since the spring game the coaches have been pushing Kelly Bryant. If you asked a question about Trevor Lawrence they will answer it. Oh Larence did a good job, but I thought Kelly Bryant came in and did a great job. If you don't believe me, go back and read all the comments since the spring or before the spring game. And, another point, I have noticed every time anyone on the team does something kind of outstanding, listen to the coaches statements. It will be something like, oh we practiced that all week, we put it in the game plan and we expect them to execute.
I have been Tiger since 1956. I love Clemson. And I think Debo and his stuff are the best Clemson has ever had. But in order to understand, you have to pay attention. It's not always the way they say it is. Think about Harper.

KB or TL, I smell a rat!

Sep 22, 2018, 9:25 PM

Well, I knew it! KB now do not stand a chance! TL is good,but KB needs to continue being the start QB. You just don't push him(KB) to the side like that! Play KB the first third quarters and TL the last quarter! I smell a rat! If this was the case then, why didn't Dabo have two QBs last season,fair is fair!

Re: KB or TL, I smell a rat!

Sep 22, 2018, 9:51 PM

English please?

Sep 22, 2018, 10:18 PM

I don't think "English" would help. He has his mind made up, and somehow thinks that KB is "entitled" to "his fair share" of time on the field. Once again, too many people are concerned about the number on the QB's jersey rather than the team as a whole!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 9:51 PM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

I like Kelly I really wanted to see him start because he us a senior. But Trevor is looking better.

Jan 20, 2018, 9:25 PM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

The answer is pretty simple if you think about it. He didn't have Trevor Lawrence last season.

Sep 22, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

I'm not a "KB guy", but Dabo has made all the right moves so far this season in a tough situation, including at A&M. As a guy who wants TL entrenched, it seems obvious by TL starting the 2nd half and "closing it out" at 42-21, that Dabo certainly recognizes what most of us view as inevitable

It's a tough situation given what KB achieved last year, but it's just so glaring the difference in arm talent. It's also great to see the 2 QB's laughing and talking to each other, they seem to truly respect each other, and I think that's a great thing given we may see a changing of the guard

Sep 23, 2018, 12:15 AM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

^^^ My IQ just dropped after reading that. Posts like this make me thankful that I never smoked crack...??

Sep 23, 2018, 1:00 AM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

"don't push him to the side"....hey, let's make this straight forward...he's had his change to prove he can do it. Fact is, he's started all 4 games shaky...he as the starter has given the team 4 slow starts. Dabo wouldn't quit utilizing him...they've plainly said no matter what happens, they will utilize him. But performance dictates what you earned...and Trevor right now is earning it. Kelly has had a fair shot as much as Trevor has though, so stop the pity party....best guy plays. Maybe KB should have showed he can start best.

Sep 23, 2018, 6:09 PM

Hey maybe you should be the QB, since you have the answer to everything!

-1 coot and for Pete’s sake take an online English class or something.***

Sep 23, 2018, 7:11 AM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

Sep 23, 2018, 9:34 PM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

Yep, that definitely is a rat.

Sep 23, 2018, 9:44 PM [ in reply to KB or TL, I smell a rat! ]

Yep, that definitely is a rat.

The choice is obvious

Sep 22, 2018, 11:13 PM

Anyone that watched what I did, knows what the easy choice is. Kelly starts 1st pos. 5 plays 5 yards, punt. 2nd pos. 3 plays, 8 yards punt. TL comes in and makes it look easy. 1st two series with TL=TD. Then INT. March back down for another TD. 2nd Half walk down field TD. Bryant comes in does good job....TD. Then Bryant and Brice do nada
TL comes back in...TD. TL was in for 6 pos. 5 TD. 4 of those were passes.

This should be an easy decision. I love KB and wanted to see him succeed but for the best for this team, Trevor Lawerence is #1. Bryant handcuffs the offense and it was very obvious today.

If im not mistaken Bryant has been in on 21 pos. 9 of those we've scored TD, FG or attempted a FG. TL 23 pos. 16 of those we've scored TD, FG or attempted a FG. The numbers speak for themselves

Re: The choice is obvious

Sep 23, 2018, 12:33 AM

^ This. Going one step further, not only does he make the offense better, but also the defense, by keeping them on the bench longer, there for fresher. Best defense in the world gets gassed. Prime examples, our two losses last season. With 3 and outs, even pedestrian offenses can exploit a tired defense.

Sep 23, 2018, 7:08 AM

It would also be interesting to see the difference in running statistics. Just as a fan, I swear it looks more open for the running backs when TL is in the game. When KB is in it looks very crowded. KB is a classy kid either way. Both of them are. Not an easy deal.

Sep 23, 2018, 8:07 AM

I feel so much better about our chances in the playoff after this game. Dabo handled the QB situation perfectly. He played both bring TL along slowly. He also has KB there for certain situations. Those of us who supported TL were not slamming KB or the coaches even though some thought we were. TL is going to continue to improve. The sky is the limit.

Sep 23, 2018, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The choice is obvious ]

M2 said:

It would also be interesting to see the difference in running statistics. Just as a fan, I swear it looks more open for the running backs when TL is in the game. When KB is in it looks very crowded. KB is a classy kid either way. Both of them are. Not an easy deal.

Running game opens up when the opposition has to respect the passing game.

Yes

Sep 23, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to The choice is obvious ]

Adam Choice for qb

Yes

Sep 23, 2018, 6:23 PM [ in reply to The choice is obvious ]

Adam Choice for qb

Re: TNET: Coaches' message on QB situation changes after Lawrence's Atlanta performance

Sep 23, 2018, 8:05 AM

It's pretty much going as most of us expected. Everything is right on schedule.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic