Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After what we have seen to this point of the virus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,846

After what we have seen to this point of the virus

Apr 5, 2020, 1:13 AM

Is there any chance its been here since december? I mentioned this before after i saw someone else mention it and was just curious the opinions now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Apr 5, 2020, 1:36 AM

No, not even close

Apr 5, 2020, 1:45 AM

if you look at the curves a month ago we were under 100 confirmed cases in the USA. If it were here earlier, with zero knowledge or preventive measures, it would have been widespread quickly and a lot of dead people from pneumonia. It only takes a couple weeks to spread after the seeds are planted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After what we have seen to this point of the virus

Apr 5, 2020, 9:36 AM

I would like to get the antibody test. My daughter and I got very, very sick in New Orleans during the Natty visit. Exact same symptoms. She actually had to get a steroid shot and nebulizer treatment across the street from the superdome during the Tim McGraw concert ~6 hours before the game just to make it through the game. My fever broke the night before but I had the worst headache and chills/body aches I’ve ever had. At the time thought it was just a really bad virus which it may have been, but I rarely get sick always get a flu shot and whatever I had in NOLA kicked my but like no cold had ever done before, but only for about 2 days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet you went to a game with tens of thousand of people present.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:16 PM

Nope. Sc would be on its knees by now and Louisiana would have peaked much sooner if that was the case.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 4:36 PM

My doctor thinks it has been here since December. He said he had several patients die of Pneumonia in December and January. He said it really baffled him at the time because he never loses patients to pneumonia.

I know several pulmonologists who say the same.***

Apr 5, 2020, 8:48 PM

Apr 5, 2020, 8:50 PM

I believe so.

Yes, I believe so.***

Apr 5, 2020, 9:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, I believe so.***

Apr 5, 2020, 9:53 PM

The only way I see it here in December is if it was a less transmissible strain of the virus. As others noted, the community spread would have been out of sight by mid February.

These things fester for a while before exponential

Apr 5, 2020, 9:52 PM

phase. Lets all hope its been around a while. Way more immunity in population.

Re: These things fester for a while before exponential

Apr 5, 2020, 9:57 PM

You know, I honestly don't agree. That said, it's plausible...and I hope you're right. It's probably and anti-T-Net position to take, in some circles, but I'd prefer you be right than me! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These things fester for a while before exponential

Apr 5, 2020, 9:58 PM [ in reply to These things fester for a while before exponential ]

It has the same symptoms as the flu and common cold. Just because you or anyone else was sick and the symptoms seem to match . . means nothing. The early symptoms are the same as most other sicknesses you pick up. China is about down with it, look when they reported and see how long it took to get rid of it. It's going to follow a similar course.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,846
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic