Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so is TN basketball really better than Duke basketball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,276

so is TN basketball really better than Duke basketball?

Feb 10, 2019, 9:06 AM

I watched both of those games yesterday....and they both are great teams. But do you all think TN is better than Duke.

I would be interested in seeing these 2 match up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so is TN basketball really better than Duke basketball?

Feb 10, 2019, 9:23 AM

They are both really good, but I feel like Duke is starting to separate themselves from the pack. I think Duke wins it all if they make generally their FT's in the tournament.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Feb 10, 2019, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think TN is the only team that could beat Duke...

Feb 10, 2019, 10:55 AM

3 out of 10 times...so anything is possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don’t know which team is better .... BUT

Feb 10, 2019, 10:58 AM

I do know that Coach Barnes will never back down to the big K! That is a matchup that likely will happen if both teams stay healthy. It will be interesting to see how they are placed in the tourney.

Yes***

Feb 10, 2019, 11:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so is TN basketball really better than Duke basketball?

Feb 10, 2019, 11:02 AM

Talent wise Duke is better than anybody and it isn't really close. That said a couple bad foul calls and some balls not going in I could see Duke getting frustrated. I don't think they are a lock to make it to the final but they sure are better than any other team I have watch play this year and it isn't really close.

thanks for the replies!

Feb 10, 2019, 1:07 PM

They look like a great matchup.....but then there is the Zion factor. Need a big man to interrupt his game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barnes is a great program revitalizer, as Purnell was.

Feb 10, 2019, 2:01 PM

It seems that he can work wonders on short order, but not get past a certain ceiling. This is not do discredit the great job he has done most everywhere he has been, including a nice run of NCAA Tournament appearances at Texas. But there is no denying that many of his teams underachieved in the postseason.

Even at Clemson, other than the one Sweet 16 team in 96-97, we did not win our first round game any other time under Barnes.

Rick has done an outstanding job at Tennessee but I don’t have any expectation that they are as good as Duke. They aren’t as talented as Duke, and Barnes isn’t as good a coach as Coach K - especially in the postseason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,276
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic