Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you think the SEC bias is a lie.....you're a idiot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If you think the SEC bias is a lie.....you're a idiot

Oct 28, 2018, 6:06 PM

Highest ranked 0 loss team - Bama

Highest ranked 1 loss team - LSU

Highest ranked 2 loss team - Florida

Highest ranked 3 loss team - A&M

The SEC / ESPN bias is a real thing, it always has been. The proof is in the numbers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you think the SEC bias is a lie.....you're a idiot

Oct 28, 2018, 6:32 PM

Highest 3 loss Miss State -- but SEC only conference with 2 3 loss teams in. Hope the Committee shakes that top 25 up some. Sick to death of the SEC love.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 6:45 PM

I used to more concerned with SEC bias 5 years ago when it would hurt us in the rankings due to SEC teams being ranked higher than us bc of their SOS. I would prefer that other conferences get the same respect, but that would require another conference to dominated for a few years before there is any shift in the narrative.

As long as they give us the credit we deserve (which I believe they do for the most part) and the committee continues to rank us in the top 4 like they have for the previous 3 years then ultimately it doesn't matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 6:46 PM

An idiot

Oct 28, 2018, 7:02 PM

Is it bias or is it that they are the best conference?

Yes***

Oct 28, 2018, 7:10 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Oct 28, 2018, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: If you think the SEC bias is a lie.....you're a idiot ]

It is a lie and most of the commentators on eSECpn are from the SEC or occasionally Notre Dame. Does anyone really believe UGA - Florida were two top 10 teams? They drop the SEC team that loses badly such as UGA only a few spots but then move them up 6 - 7 spots after a win. It guarantees there are always at least two SEC teams close enough where they can try and sneak two into the playoff. They are calling LSU vs Bama the game of the century. LSU couldn't even beat UF who is an average team.

Take Bama out of the SEC and tell me how many SEC teams won a national title in the last five years?

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: If you think the SEC bias is a lie.....you're a idiot ]

They have Bama and then it's everyone else

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 7:56 PM

Our record against the SEC in the last 5 years speaks for itself. This makes it hard for eSECpn to ditch us.

This is an honest question and I don't know the answer. Does ESPN make more money off of the SEC because of their SEC network which constantly shows two lousy teams playing like (Tennessee vs Vandy)?

Almost everything is equated directly to money so is this just about the ACC being bigger in basketball as a whole than football where the opposite tends to be true in the SEC or is this about revenue for ESPN and SEC teams? I know Clemson games against big opponents get huge ratings.

Dean

Oct 28, 2018, 9:23 PM

ESPN has done some things to hurt business (liberal agenda). They have also taken a hit when you add in chord cutting due to more cost effective viewing options. However the one thing they got right was the SEC network. It is a cash cow for them and the SEC. It’s good to protect your best product. They did a nice job capitalizing on the passion of the South.

Oct 28, 2018, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: If you think the SEC bias is a lie.....you're a idiot ]

The second best team in the acc is BC. You think they would be one of the top 5 teams in the sec?

Oct 28, 2018, 8:26 PM

The SEC / ESPN bias is a real thing, it always has been. The proof is in the numbers.

This year I agree with them. Bama Should be 1 for the same reason I thought we should have been 1 last year. Defending champ should stay 1 until beaten. I can't think of any teams behind LSU that deserve to be in front of them. No team ,other than us of course, in the ACC deserves to be ahead of LSU. The fact that the SEC stadiums are 80-110,000 definitely helps their perception.

Oct 28, 2018, 8:26 PM

This year I agree with them. Bama Should be 1 for the same reason I thought we should have been 1 last year. Defending champ should stay 1 until beaten. I can't think of any teams behind LSU that deserve to be in front of them. No team ,other than us of course, in the ACC deserves to be ahead of LSU. The fact that the SEC stadiums are 80-110,000 definitely helps their perception.

They are by far the best conference this year. Not

Oct 28, 2018, 10:09 PM

every year though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 11:25 PM

The SEC Top to Bottom is the best Conference.
Too bad I only care about Clemson screw the ACC.
We are a national brand all we have to do is win

Oct 28, 2018, 11:34 PM

I dont think we have to fall all over them, but it's hard to dispute that over the last 15 years or so, SEC has been the top conference. When the West was crap, the East was super strong. I dont think the Big10 is even close because, well.. lemme know when they beat someone from down south in a game that matters. Hell, Meeechigan and Ohio St even lose to the Cawks.. the Pac hasnt been good since Carrol was at USC with the Heisman posse. And outside of a great run 2 seasons back, the ACC has been mediocre at best. Its normally CU and FSU.. then some others who fight to get whipped in the ACCCG. Facts dont care about our feelings, SEC has it rolling atm.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 11:42 PM

So which teams in each of those categories deserve to be ranked higher than the SEC team ranked in that spot instead? People seem to always want to say the SEC is overrated, but very few actually offer up teams that deserve to be ranked up there instead.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic