Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Death and destruction predicted....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Death and destruction predicted....

Oct 2, 2015, 5:38 PM

I sounded off earlier and probably got ridiculed but I didn't even bother to read the posts. Now I'm even more concerned. Graphic warning ahead - don't read if you have a feint heart or are pregnant. This weather report now looks brutally bad, a historic event, and the governor just got on TV. What's wrong with you people? We are getting PINWHEEL action from a low that will pump unprecedented amounts of moisture into Pickens Co. tomorrow. Let alone the fact that football will be impractical in these conditions, there will be severe flooding and the infrastructure put under duress that it can't handle. What I mean is, trees down on lines, power outages, plumbing, severe flooding, you name it. This game AT THE LEAST should have been moved back to one O'Clock to subtract seven hours of heavy rain, and worst, cancelled or moved to the Ga. Dome. Anyway, I can't believe th authorities are not taking a stand. This is a state of emergency. Stay away and don't drive in these conditions. Trees that look "Normal" (iincluding the one they just wrote about in the stadium next to the hill, student side) will not hold up and will fall due to waterlogged roots. This is no event that 90,000 people need to be at in one spot and then all try to leave between 11:00 and 1AM. Everybody and the police are saying "Oh we got this." Well guess what, you don't have this. NOBODY HAS THIS. We are getting twelve inches of rain folks! This will be a disaster area.

I am giving everyone fair warning right now to watch out for your safety and well-being and that of your kids. I don't care what the investment of time and money is - your life ain't worth it, nor your kids. I am sitting here in front of the TV and they just literally said, "Conditions will be dangerous this week-end, especially at the football game." What part of this are you people not getting? This is the equivalent of a major snow storm, and few are paying attention. I am mortified that football is now being put above life and safety. Shame on the officials over this event. I really don't care if ND arrived on the plane. Sometimes, "life happens while you're making other plans." Why don't we have the reverence for God and his ways and nature and let him be in charge and listen to the warnings?

For those who are going to flame me (and I"m not reading the replies b/c I don't care what you think), how do you plan to get home after the game? You gonna' drive through downed trees, power lines, and two feet of water? We had a woman wash away and get killed last year up here on Haywood Road, and this is much worse!

Do you people realize we are going to also have 20-35 mph winds with this rain?

This is a "perfect storm" and the ground is already saturated, and there is NO PLACE FOR THIS WATER TO GO.

I"m done, but I may come back with more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Death and destruction predicted....

Oct 2, 2015, 6:10 PM

tl;dr

dont worry, I read it for you...its absurd***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:16 PM

Nm

I got to the part where he said he didn't read responses.

Oct 2, 2015, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Death and destruction predicted.... ]

WTPH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay Coot***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:16 PM

You haven't been the same since somebody...

Oct 2, 2015, 6:18 PM

dropped a house on your sister.

Guys, RA this dumper and let's rid the bored of such tripe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm taking a life jacket just in case.

Oct 2, 2015, 6:28 PM

I'm sure the CUAD will have them on the sidelines just in case for the players and staff. refs can drown

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey..you forgot to put Go Irish at the end************

Oct 2, 2015, 6:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, we could lose our entire FB Team by drowning & DaBO would...

Oct 2, 2015, 7:05 PM

Have to go back out there & recruit 88 great 4-5* players to fill out those beautiful unis!

Saying, Even NDame could kiss it's storied football program good bye..Losing the entire squad at Clemson due to high waters in SC.

?? how was that, for I can't look?

Go??TiGERS...wade iT out & beat the ??!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

liberal wussy. I may melt. Lol lol

Oct 2, 2015, 7:10 PM

Go hang out in your double wide.. Hope u have flood insurance in your second life.

Oct 2, 2015, 7:26 PM

Why in this world anyone would go over the deep end about attending a football game in the rain. It's raining, it's been raining and it's going to rain some more. I recommend everyone paying close attention while driving. Slow down, leave earlier and pay attention to bulletins. We have played in the poring rain, we have played in games where we had to vacate the stadium 4/5 times for lightening, we have played in the sleet and show and TOMORROW Clemson plays nd in the rain. It is personal choice whether someone wants to drive in the rain and sit for hours in the chill and rain. It a person doesn't want to go, stay home. This game was oversold if you have tickets and parking passes offer them to a Clemson fan that will show up tomorrow

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dang conservative republicans

Oct 2, 2015, 7:34 PM

All you can talk about is fear. Isis is gonna get us, Russians gonna get us, Chinese gonna get us, Obama is gonna get us, gay people gonna get us....geez, you can't spend your life with just your head stuck outa the covers.

Have courage, embrace change, embrace the moisture! It's gonna rain....get over it. It's only water....lot's of it. We are born from water, nothing bad going to happen and you can't make any money off of it so chill.

Spot the damm ball!!

Go Tigers!

you left out climate change

Oct 2, 2015, 8:22 PM

biggest fear out there right now.

Wish I could give this 100 TUs***

Oct 2, 2015, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Dang conservative republicans ]

Then if you are concerned, how about you don't go?

Oct 2, 2015, 7:50 PM

And stop shaming people who do want to go? Seems simple enough to me.

GO TIGERS

From the looks of your pulse, this isn't your 1st negative

Oct 2, 2015, 8:16 PM

post. How's the weather in Columbia, Missouri?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you started building your Ark yet, Noah?

Oct 2, 2015, 8:44 PM

Can you save me a seat? Maybe Ill trade you my ND ticket for passage....

Oct 2, 2015, 9:17 PM

The rain is gonna get us! The trees are gonna get us! The stadium is gonna get us! We are all gonna die! Ohhhhhh nooooooooo!!!! Haha. What a weirdo.

WE'RE DOOMED! DOOMED!

Oct 2, 2015, 9:31 PM

DOMED?

Lighten up Francis...

Oct 2, 2015, 10:26 PM

...This is NOT going to be apocalyptic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic