Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Hunter Johnson take a dump on Dabo's desk?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Did Hunter Johnson take a dump on Dabo's desk?

Oct 13, 2017, 10:37 PM

Cooper's the guy you put in when you're out of options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First, I never woulda thought a gimpy, 60% KB would start

Oct 13, 2017, 10:43 PM

in the first place. I figured Cooper would get the start, just because of experience and the game being on the road and such, but figured he'd be on a short leash and Johnson would come in quickly if Cooper struggled. We botched this one from the beginning and never let up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: First, I never woulda thought a gimpy, 60% KB would start

Oct 13, 2017, 10:46 PM

If I was Hunter I would put my transfer in TOMORROW.....Shame on coaches...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What and where have you seen Johnson better than ZC?

Oct 13, 2017, 10:49 PM

Spring game?

Come on mane, both are talented. But ZC is not why we lost the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only in every game they've both appeared in.

Oct 13, 2017, 10:55 PM

It seemed like Dabo might even have agreed, after ZC had a weak showing last week (making the exact same crappy overthrows downfield like he did tonight) and HJ came in and showed him what was up.

You're right though, ZC isn't why we lost this game, it's just another marker of Dabo's hard-headedness that can win you a natty and make you kick your dog in the same season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not dogging HC or your opinion....

Oct 13, 2017, 11:05 PM

but all HC has done is throw a td to a wide open OL/TE from 20 yards.

No need to dog any of our QB's.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not dogging HC or your opinion....

Oct 13, 2017, 11:12 PM

Most the ZCs catches tonight required acrobatics.

Team also played lazy and thought they would win. Lost another game when we were 20+ point favorites. Vegas must hate us.

Point is...

Oct 13, 2017, 11:17 PM

Dabo shoud have never played KB, and prepared one of then to start.

I figured we'd have no QB like DW let down way before now. we'll be ok.

I'm not dogging anyone. We have 3 solid QB's.

Oct 13, 2017, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Not dogging HC or your opinion.... ]

Cooper is the third best, plain and simple. HC's reads are better, his downfield throws more accurate, and his drives more effective, and we have pretty much the same body of work between him and ZC to judge by.

Dabo always has and always will, it seems, make really odd, illogical, loyalty and seniority-based decisions on his QB's. It's a trait that so far has cost us more games than it's won us in his stint here, from sticking with Kyle Parker for too long, to starting DW behind Cole Stoudt. I wouldn't trade Dabo for anyone, but this trait also could have gotten Bryant seriously injured tonight at a moment when everyone watching but Dabo knew he shouldn't be in the game.

People, even natty championship winning coaches, are human and can make mistakes----Dabo made a few tonight. I ain't gonna try to take his head off over it, but when ego is causing players to get concussions it's time for self-reflection.

How does anyone know that HC is better...

Oct 13, 2017, 11:22 PM

right now?

Well, last week for one.

Oct 13, 2017, 11:31 PM

He's done less to show that he's worse than that he's better, so not sure why you're sold that ZC is the clear choice.

I'm not sold on anyone being the clear choice except...

Oct 14, 2017, 12:32 AM

a healthy KB. Which we can all agree on. I hope

I, for one, agree; we don't know. What we as fans saw last

Oct 13, 2017, 11:51 PM [ in reply to How does anyone know that HC is better... ]

from Johnson and Cooper was just a brief glimpse and may or may not be indicative of which QB is most ready to step in for Bryant. To suggest that what we all saw is somehow more telling than working with these players face to face over an extended period of time is preposterous. I hope tonight wasn't telling either, because if it was, we have a whole team of players AND coaches that aren't ready.

Granted, Johnson made much more of his limited opportunities than has Cooper, and that has to count for something. Given the fact that Cooper was once again unimpressive tonight, I'd think the odds of Johnson getting more PT has gone up even more. The problem tonight was how long KB stayed in when it was obvious he was in pain and his effectiveness was very obviously greatly diminished.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yep to the last part.

Oct 13, 2017, 11:56 PM

Dabo's decision about ZC over HJ, for better or worse, frustrates me.

His decision to play, and keep playing KB actually angers me. I think we were all waiting for the kid to get hurt, and I'd be amazed if many of us didn't utter something like "why is he still in there?" sometime prior to the play that hurt him. Seeing him unconscious on the ground flat out pisssed me off at our staff. I expect that from Muschamp, not our coaches, and not when you have talented, capable backups.

This.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:32 PM

I agree. I was frustrated he was still in. Kept saying he is going to get hurt. Thought it would be the ankle, but he didnt protect himself because he was guarding his ankle. When he got knocked out, I was angry.

Here we go.***

Oct 13, 2017, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

along with the overcompensatory indifference it seems.***

Oct 13, 2017, 11:20 PM

I know. Should have said that you're just wrong.

Oct 13, 2017, 11:24 PM

HJ has thrown 12 passes this year, all during garbage time for the most part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many 10+ yard passes do you need to see ZC

Oct 13, 2017, 11:30 PM

overthrow to know he's facing accuracy issues right now that HJ isn't, in game-time situations? ZC got pulled for HJ last week, period, so coaches seemed to think he had the hot hand too.

Take Renfrow's world class catching ability away, and ZC would have almost zero downfield completions.

I'm saying that being absent from our practices you don't

Oct 13, 2017, 11:34 PM

have a big enough body of work to go by here. You don't really know. I don't know either.

That's the common reply, and it's a fair one, but in truth,

Oct 13, 2017, 11:36 PM

I care a lot more about how they look in games than in practice.

Lutz, very true but if I had to make a choice, I'd take

Oct 13, 2017, 11:40 PM

9 months of practice over 5 or 6 possessions in garbage time.

Ok, here's an attempt at middle ground.........

Oct 13, 2017, 11:42 PM

After tonight, can we agree on the statement "what could it hurt to try?"

True, in hindsight, since we lost.***

Oct 13, 2017, 11:47 PM

This thread really has me perplexed.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:00 AM

How did you guys post so many replies with all of the slowness that is tigernet. Wow!

What number are you using?

Oct 14, 2017, 12:05 AM

Crump gave me a private number for the Tigernet BBS, and my Supra 28.8 just hums right along when I dial in.

Our d had a hard time stopping Syracuse.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:50 AM

If I were placing blame, and I'm not, I would have to say that our defense struggled. I wanted to HJ starting 2nd half, but thought Cooper did ok.
We did miss 2 fg that were crucial to the outcome.
We couldn't stop their offense, period. They out gained us, won time of possesion and made plays when needed. They outplayed us at every turn.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic