Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Weren't we underdogs at home to UGA last year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Weren't we underdogs at home to UGA last year?

Aug 25, 2014, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol yeah***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Two points.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:47 AM

Factor in the three points for the home team and we'd have been a five point dog on a neutral field. This year factor in the three for the home team and we'd be a 4.5 point dog on a neutral field.

According to this screwed up math we're closer to winning this year than we were last. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a federal law that any time an SEC team plays an ACC

Aug 25, 2014, 9:56 AM

team, the SEC team will be favored. Or something like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: It's a federal law that any time an SEC team plays an ACC

Aug 25, 2014, 10:08 AM

The Golden Nugget opened Florida State as a 9-point favorite last month over Auburn and was bet down as low as -7.5 just before New Year’s Eve. But the number has rapidly risen since then, with the largest moves coming on Sunday when the Nugget went from -9.5 and -10, and eventually adding 10 cents to the juice on FSU – as of 11 a.m. Vegas time, the Noles were sitting -10 (-120) at the Nugget. The large move resulted from a combination of respected FSU money and the Nugget just following the market.

History has an argument with you.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, you really think that I think that there's a law

Aug 25, 2014, 2:32 PM

that states SEC teams will always be favored over an ACC team?

Ok, dwag.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait, you really think that I think that there's a law

Aug 25, 2014, 2:43 PM

It's a federal law that any time an SEC team plays an ACC [1]
Posted: Aug 25, 2014 9:56 AM

team, the SEC team will be favored. Or something like that.

I just thought if you saw where the biggest, most watched, highest rated fricekn ball game of all time (which just happened to be an SEC vs ACC matchup and the last one with the ACC team rated as a double digit favorite a small light bulb would flicker on in your head, or something like that....

I guess it was my fault. I figured you knew how to take a

Aug 25, 2014, 2:51 PM

joke. Your participation in the nationwide SEC circlejerk pandemic has completely warped your mind to the point that you can't even joke about the SEC. I hope you enjoy the ### whipping this lowly ACC team will put on you in 5 days. It'll be a lot like when you last played that SEC powerhouse Vandy.

FSU is "an SEC team in the ACC" so...***

Aug 25, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a federal law that any time an SEC team plays an ACC ]

ObamaLine - pretty sure that's the law.***

Aug 25, 2014, 10:47 AM [ in reply to It's a federal law that any time an SEC team plays an ACC ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a general rule, Vegas odds makers

Aug 25, 2014, 10:04 AM

Give the home team a 7 point advantage in college football and a 3 point advantage in the NFL. So in other words they thought Georgia was a 9 point favorite last year and they think the same this year as well. Go Tigers!!!!!!

Re: As a general rule, Vegas odds makers

Aug 25, 2014, 10:24 AM

the spread is at 7.5 now, so wouldn't that make them a half point favorite on a neutral field?

Yep, means a lot of money is being placed on the tigers

Aug 25, 2014, 12:11 PM

Barring injury to a player or some other event the odds (point spread) changes simply because of the bets being placed. Vegas likes to be about 50/50 on each team so that they never really lose. If the spread did drop from 8.5 to 7.5 then more money was being put down on Clemson to cover than for Georgia to cover. Also points to the consensus that on a neutral field these 2 teams are about equal.

Re: Yep, means a lot of money is being placed on the tigers

Aug 25, 2014, 2:36 PM

Yea I'd say that's accurate. We're both two very well equipped teams who are replacing important positions with capable, but inexperienced, players while simultaneously having a very solid base in other areas. On paper, we match up very evenly.

Re: Weren't we underdogs at home to UGA last year?

Aug 25, 2014, 10:05 AM

Yep, but we generally will be an underdog to a secheat school. It's just the way pundits are required to pick after all the hype they pile on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2014, 10:12 AM

The entire country is doing CLEMSON a favor by calling us the underdog in this one. I think Dabo is using that to pump up the team. UGA may be in for the biggest woodshed whoopin' they have had in a long time.

Aug 25, 2014, 11:14 AM

If your team needs "fake juice" for a Clemson Vs UGA rivalry game, you got issues. Clemson fans are the only ones that care about under dog status.

Most of the players weren't alive when this was a rivalry

Aug 25, 2014, 2:36 PM

In all reality, this is only a strong rivalry to those who remember the 80's.

Most of our players just see this as a big game against a quality opponent. When we play GT, that will be a rivalry game. Ditto for the Game Hens.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic