Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers let lead slip away in devastating loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers let lead slip away in devastating loss

Feb 23, 2016, 9:10 PM

Tigers let lead slip away in devastating loss

Clemson blew a 13-point second half lead and wasted another big night from Jaron Blossomgame as Georgia Tech came back for a 75-73 victory at McCamish Pavilion in Atlanta. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers let lead slip away in devastating loss

Feb 23, 2016, 9:22 PM

smh cant believe we blew this game what a up and down year

Wow just wow! We can't beat the teams we are suppose to beat

Feb 23, 2016, 9:25 PM

I have to say our defense is not as good as everyone makes it out to be. Wide open 3s and open non contested layups/dunks all year down low. We have no big threat inside and that's costing us. Teams are expanding their defense out to protect against the 3ball and it makes us very uncomfortable. We should be playing our best ball right now but sadly enough we are doing exactly like last year and the last and the last. Oh but wait we just need a new gym and things will change.... What a joke. We need to stop recruiting 2-3 star players in hopes of developing them and start going after great players. Sell them on being apart of sumn special. Heck let dabo recruit them. I'm sure my opinion will upset some and I'm not calling for a coach change, i m just tired of the same old basketball team since purnell!

Re: Wow just wow! We can't beat the teams we are suppose to beat

Feb 23, 2016, 9:41 PM

I am calling for a change. Plan to write the AD the first chance I get. This is getting old. I like Brad but he is getting us nowhere fast. Same ole same ole every year. Time for a change; and this time let's look for someone who is a proven winner and costs some money to lure to an ACC bottom feeder.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I absolutely agree with the proven winner part.

Feb 23, 2016, 11:50 PM

I like Brad a lot and am pulling for him. We could do a lot worse, that's for sure. But if things don't improve quickly, I will support firing him after next season.

If we do find ourselves looking for a new coach, we MUST get a proven winner. We can't afford to take a risk on an up and comer or an assistant. We need s guy who has built a program and sustained success elsewhere. Otherwise we are not committed to basketball success, and are wasting time and energy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yep, appears Coach BB is the Coach TB of college basketball.

Feb 24, 2016, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Wow just wow! We can't beat the teams we are suppose to beat ]

Win games against a good team, then suck against inferior ones. SSDD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2016, 9:28 PM

David, can you check to see how many 3s we missed with 20 plus seconds left on the shot clock. I think that our guys are giving up to many quick positions with to much time left on the shot clock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but... Can't say I'm surprised!***

Feb 23, 2016, 11:40 PM

Ouch, that one stung...

Feb 24, 2016, 6:23 AM

GT's 3 at the buzzer to end the first half was a killer - potentially a 5-point turnaround because if I remember correctly, we had the ball and the shot clock and the game clock were one in the same. It was agonizing to watch the 2nd half unfold.

Last Nail In The NCAA Coffin

Feb 24, 2016, 6:33 AM

even if there is a win-out situation, you can kiss the big dance good bye

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well technically, if they "won out" theyd be in

Feb 24, 2016, 10:14 AM

automatically, since they'd have won the ACC Tournament.

GO TIGERS

Re: Last Nail In The NCAA Coffin

Feb 17, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Last Nail In The NCAA Coffin ]

Even if the Tigers got to the dance they wouldn't know how to dance.

Feb 24, 2016, 9:17 AM

As our basketball program has slipped the past 5 years, the chickens have hired a top notch coach & passed us. Now we get to watch them in the dance while our team sits at home or plays in the NIT (wow). I hope somebody up the food chain takes this personal.

Frank Martin a top notch coach? That's rich.***

Feb 24, 2016, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: Frank Martin a top notch coach? That's rich.***

Feb 24, 2016, 2:56 PM

If Martin was our coach we would have a much better record IMO. So yes he is top notch!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic