Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN projects Two Tigers to be named 2016 All-Americans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN projects Two Tigers to be named 2016 All-Americans

Jun 9, 2016, 9:56 AM

ESPN projects Two Tigers to be named 2016 All-Americans

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Thing Is

Jun 9, 2016, 10:03 AM

Even though these guys deserve the accolades, this isn't a 2 pony show. We have a team chock full of gifted players, and we are adding to the talent pool like only elite programs do. Great future ahead for Tiger fans. Very proud of our progress!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep and potential All Americans this year are:

Jun 9, 2016, 10:32 AM

DW, Gallman, Mike Williams, Leggett, Scott, Hyatt, Guillermo, Wilkins, Carlos Watkins, Bouleward, and Tankersley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep and potential All Americans this year are:

Jun 9, 2016, 9:37 PM

Agreed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain too imo**

Jun 9, 2016, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Yep and potential All Americans this year are: ]

nm

Re: Cain too imo**

Jun 10, 2016, 8:48 AM

I can see how maybe they would want to make sure he is straightend out, but I agree. What a talent he is!

Re: Yep and potential All Americans this year are:

Jun 9, 2016, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Yep and potential All Americans this year are: ]

The highest I can see Gallman getting is 3rd team All-American. That isn't a knock on his talent & skill, it's a testament to how insanely talented this year is going to be for RBs: Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, Chubb, Perrine, Freeman, Hurd, Hood...most any other year Gallman would be among the top 2-3 RBs in the nation but this is arguably the most talented pool of RBs ever.

I love our guys that chose Clemson and committed.

Jun 9, 2016, 10:04 AM

And no offense to Gallman who has been awesome. But can you imagine if Cook had maintained his commitment Clemson?

null

Re: I love our guys that chose Clemson and committed.

Jun 9, 2016, 10:24 AM

No offense to you, because Cook is without a doubt the best overall RB, but I'm glad he didn't come to Clemson. Maybe he would've been a model citizen, but I doubt it.

I remember playing the "what if" game, but honestly we are on the right path with recruiting, focusing on character, grades - the total package. We no longer have to lament a recruiting loss. Gary went to Michigan. So what? We got Big Dex. Our future is as bright as any, and much brighter than most.

I'll leave the what-ifs to the chickens. They're still talking about how good they would've been if Garnet and O'Neal had enrolled instead of opting for the NBA. Reality beats the heck out of fantasy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

I remember thinking "What If" Dan Marino had come to CU

Jun 9, 2016, 11:49 AM

... Marino gave Clemson serious consideration before choosing Pitt.

If we'd had Marino as our QB, would we have been a better team than we became with Homer Jordan?

We certainly would have had to have been a much different team offensively than we were.

Would we still have become the national champs?

Maybe ... who knows?

That's the problem with the "What If" game ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2016, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I love our guys that chose Clemson and committed. ]

If take Gallman over Cook any game any time! Cook is amazing but misses games. They both have the heart of a lion on a football field!

Jun 9, 2016, 10:27 AM

I'd*

Honestly...Cook may be a tiny bit better in pure talent and

Jun 9, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to I love our guys that chose Clemson and committed. ]

because of the QB situation at both schools may have more attempts and thus yardage. But watching the Waynetrain's improvement over his career and the talent upgrade in Clemson's OL, I personally have absolutely no problem with our RB situation compared to any other program and I think we got the real steal from Grayson HS

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The big thing I think is that if Gallman had to play with

Jun 9, 2016, 10:42 AM

McGuire at QB, he would be so much less effective. Having DW as a running threat makes Gallman so much better than he would be most places.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO. His development @CU is what has made him great...***

Jun 9, 2016, 11:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, that too but if Sean McGuire was his QB, it would be

Jun 9, 2016, 12:00 PM

very tough for Wayne.

Re: FB Update: ESPN projects Two Tigers to be named 2016 All-Americans

Jun 9, 2016, 10:29 AM

What about Mike Williams??? Him and Artavis splitting catches as well with Hunter Deon Trevion and Ray Ray my hurt but he put up good numbers in 14.

Jun 9, 2016, 10:32 AM

Wilkins Watkins and Leggitt could end up on that list as well I believe! Hyatt too! I wouldn't be surprised of Bryant or Ferrall have break out years. DE seems to always put up big numbers at Clemson!

keep sleeping on Wayne train!!***

Jun 9, 2016, 10:41 AM

Happy, but surprised at the Boulware selection ...

Jun 9, 2016, 11:45 AM

I'm a big fan and I think he's one of the very best.

But, I'm sort of surprised to see the media and especially ESPN in agreement.

Good for Ben !!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, they usually go with those 6'4" LBs.***

Jun 9, 2016, 12:24 PM

Just remember Kevin Steele wasn't recruiting Boulware

Jun 9, 2016, 12:54 PM

nor could he coach our D to stop WVA.

Jun 9, 2016, 9:44 PM

Nice to see DW and BB get that respect.. Expect to see some of the following added to that list by the end of the season, though.. Wilkins, Williams, Gallman, Hyatt, and ??

I don't see how they leave out Mitch Hyatt.***

Jun 9, 2016, 9:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see how they leave out Mitch Hyatt.***

Jun 9, 2016, 9:55 PM

He's a young guy still.. I do expect to see his name on at least a few lists next year, though

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic