Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC should spend the $$$ and take us from the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

The SEC should spend the $$$ and take us from the ACC

Nov 10, 2019, 10:22 AM

then get rid of SCAR. They are an embarrassment top to bottom. From the crappy stadium to the WWF entrance to the beer bottles on the field, that place is terrible.

Imagine Clemson in the SEC, competing against "big boy football" every weekend? It would be the ultimate conference in my opinion.

(Granted, I do think the SEC teams are overrated individually, but they do have more quality overall)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC should spend the $$$ and take us from the ACC

Nov 10, 2019, 10:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 10, 2019, 10:32 AM

SEC don't even want to play us! They sure don't want us in their MIGHTY(poor) Conference!

GO TIGERS!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 10:34 AM

I remember right before Pitt and Syracuse joined, there was an information ticker on ESPN stating that Clemson and FSU had agreed to terms with the SEC. It lasted for like an hour then disappeared. In hindsight I think things worked out for us pretty well, but yes it would be somewhat intriguing to play the Bama, LSU, Fla, Ga, Tenn of the world each year (depending on divisions).

The other opportunity missed imo is to have done whatever it took to get Penn St and Notre Dame in while PSU was under sanctions instead of Pitt Syracuse. The ACC doubled down on basketball instead of focusing on the real money maker.

Yep. I mean it is nice for us to be in the national

Nov 10, 2019, 5:10 PM

conversation every year and to cruise through our conference, but it is kind of boring from a fan perspective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boring? Be thankful for it.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:17 PM

I can remember when there were too many knuckle-chewing games that ended in losses to NC State, Maryland, GaTech, VT and FSU. I'll take the boredom of consistent winning over the anxiety of not knowing what to expect any time.

Those teams were better then.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:20 PM

Yeah we were bad, and yes I'm grateful that we are great now, but today's ACC is far worse than it was.

Re: Boring? Be thankful for it.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Boring? Be thankful for it. ]

Agreed. I love watching these so-called “boring” games. I’ll never get tired of winning by three, four, or five touchdowns. My freshman year was Red Parker’s last year and that kind of “excitement” I do not need ever again.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Boring? Be thankful for it. ]

AMEN! Been a fan all my life and a season ticket holding IPTAY member since 1978! I love these “boring” games .. I’ve had my fill of knuckle chewing games!

Nov 10, 2019, 9:26 PM

Right! On this board not so long ago, we were all wondering if we were ever going to get through games without having a heart attack. Can we just get a boring workman like win for once was a common statement.

So yes give me the boring whippings that the Tigers have been dishing out.

It is not boring as we just find ways to nitpick to make it more exciting.??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. I mean it is nice for us to be in the national

Nov 10, 2019, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Yep. I mean it is nice for us to be in the national ]

:) Somehow I am never bored watching CLEMSON destroy our ACC foes. Having been thru the lean years and the struggles with lack of talent, good coaching, facilities, etc., it is a welcomed feeling and is never boring.

CLEMSON is the king of the hill right now. :)

No question it is boring right now

Nov 10, 2019, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Yep. I mean it is nice for us to be in the national ]

Because the rest of the conference stinks in football. But it won’t always be this way; some of the ACC programs are bound to improve in the next couple of years.
Plus there is really no incentive to play challenging games during the regular season, although I do wish we would only schedule one out of conference cupcake, besides SC, per season. It’s ok the play a Wofford or a Charlotte each year, but not both.

They go to he!! As soon as they join Fla st. Miami, Va tech

Nov 10, 2019, 9:08 PM

Syracuse, even Pitt. Used to be good

2 things.. Most Bama games are boring. 2. Penn St shouldn't have a fb program***

Nov 10, 2019, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Yep. I mean it is nice for us to be in the national ]

null

The SEC has 6 teams with losing records

Nov 10, 2019, 5:12 PM

There are 5 teams with losing records in the ACC
There are 5 Teams with losing records in the BIG10
There are 6 teams with losing records in the SEC
There are 4 teams in the BIG12 with losing records(only 10 teams,40% have losing records)
There are 7 teams in the PAC 12 with losing records(12 teams)

stats, shmats. The top 6 in the SEC are better (in sum) than

Nov 10, 2019, 5:19 PM

the top 6 in the ACC. There is more elite competition in the SEC than in the ACC. That's just plainly obvious.

We are better than all of them, sure. But there is more competition there.

I mean it's great to go party in Clemson then go sit in the stands and watch us practice every week. It's a fun time. But it isn't that interesting.

You watch too much ESPiN.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:21 PM

The SEC is probably over all the best conference but not nearly as much better than others as ESPiN would have you believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm talking about the SEC and ACC***

Nov 10, 2019, 5:23 PM

stats, shmats.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to stats, shmats. The top 6 in the SEC are better (in sum) than ]

Don't tell me what the score was. I just know the SEC plays big boy football.

(ACC has won 3 of the last 6 Nattys, The SEC has won 2 of the last 6 Nattys.)

Hey, I know what I see. SEC teams pass the eye test.

(The SEC is 6-6 versus the other power 5 conference opponents this year.)

The games are more exciting in the SEC. The games Clemson play are boring.

(Bama plays Western Carolina in two weeks. Wofford beat Western 59-7)

Wouldn't you like to play big boy football every weekend?

(Clemson has played Alabama 4 times in the four years. SC has played Bama 1 time in the last 8 years.)

The competition is just better in the SEC.

(Bama has lost 6 SEC games in almost 8 full years. I'd give you the Bama run of streaks against Vandy Tennessee, Miss State, TAMU, Arkansas, Georgia and Florida but you don't understand stats or shmats)

Look the SEC is just better. Everyone knows that. It's obvious.

(Are you Gary Danielson or do you just believe everything he and Finebaum say?)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stats, shmats.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:56 PM

The non Clemson ACC teams are 6-29 against other P5 teams and ND since the start of last year. Nobody is debating that Clemson is above the SEC teams, or even that the SEC doesn’t have its own share of terrible teams.

Nov 10, 2019, 7:31 PM

I am not debating anything. Clemson is my alma mater and my team. We are a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference and have been all my life. I don't want it to change and it's not going to change. The attraction of the SEC to some Clemson fans is a mystery to me. The idea of being a fan of a whole league is strange to me and seems a bit incestuous. I don't want to play any additional games with SEC teams. For future games I'd like to add the big name teams from the Big 10, the Big 12 and the Pac 12. College football was once a regional game and it's becoming a national game. We do not need and I do not want another game with another deep south team.

In the past 50 years 6 different teams from the SEC have won Nattys. 4 different teams now in the ACC have won nattys. I can live with that and feel good about it. In the last 8 years the best four teams in the ACC have gone 21-12 against the SEC. I can live with and feel good about that. Clemson has won 3 nattys in my lifetime. We can win more Nattys, so I'm a happy guy where we are.

Most don't care about it but I like the fact the teams in the ACC are generally speaking better academic institutions than those in the SEC. We're playing collegiate football. That matters to me.

Those of you with some envy or longing for the SEC are welcome to your opinions, but you will always be a small minority among Clemson fans. Your desire to be something we are not seems fairly sad to me. But have at it if you like.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 7:34 PM

To be clear, I don’t want to leave either. The ACC can also improve and actually was pretty solid just a couple seasons ago. It’s just hard to take up for the results over the last 2 years for the teams not named Clemson.

Over the past 5 years, the ACC has a winning record against

Nov 10, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to stats, shmats. ]

the SEC, head to head. Something like 30-28

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC has 6 teams with losing records

Nov 10, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to The SEC has 6 teams with losing records ]

The AAC and Mountain West has only 5 teams with losing records, and Conference USA has 6. I guess those conferences are on equal footing with all the P5 conferences too since that stat is supposed to mean something.

That'd be good when comparing GO5 conferences to each other

Nov 10, 2019, 6:06 PM

Otherwise you're just grasping at straws because the available data comparing P5 conferences ,doesn't agree with your Cry Like A Bytch narrative.

Re: That'd be good when comparing GO5 conferences to each other

Nov 10, 2019, 6:52 PM

Seems only one of us is getting upset. I just pointed out that your stat is meaningless. Every conference has roughly half the teams at around .500 or below. Hell, the Big 12, PAC 12, and B10 all play 9 conference games which is another reason for this stat having no meaning.

No, not in this lifetime.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:19 PM

Imo, it disrespects everything about Clemson to say we should be in the SEC. Money? How much does it take to buy integrity?

We've slaved for 30 years in the desert because of the infractions of the 1980s. Each and every loser coach we've hired between Dabo and Danny had one thing in common. They had a clean record and they all left Clemson with clean personal and professional records but none of them could coach their way out of paper bag. They were hired because they were clean.

Dabo wins, he wins ball games and he wins on the integrity scale too. At this time, throwing Clemson and Dabo into the SEC would be like tossing a teenage girl who was dressed for the prom into a septic tank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 5:20 PM

We won’t be this good forever. A lot of you morons don’t seem to understand that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course not, there would be down years, maybe even

Nov 10, 2019, 5:22 PM

down stretches, who knows. But we have everything it takes to be dominant in the SEC, at least in the SEC East. Anyway, it's all just wishful thinking anyway.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:33 PM

Why does this make any sense when the SEC sucks except for 2 good football teams and 1 good basketball team every year? There academics and charisma aren't half of what of the ACC brings. Then you have inferior campuses and college towns. Do you want me to keep going? I can do this all day. Joining the S, EEE, SHE, makes NO sense in any reality. The only thing that needs to happen is to either boot Notre Dame out and add 2 more schools, or convince Notre Dame to be a full member and add one more school. Stop the with SEC worship, it's quite nauseating.

Have you ever been to an SEC campus aside from Cootville?

Nov 10, 2019, 5:42 PM

I've been to many a campus/stadium, and the ACC is pretty crap outside of Clemson and maybe FSU. Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, etc are all much better venues for tailgating and football.

Re: Have you ever been to an SEC campus aside from Cootville?

Nov 10, 2019, 5:47 PM

For strictly football, yes, with some schools. But a conference is not all about one sport. It's all sports, and it's campuses and it's the towns and it's academics and it's tradition and it's culture and it's geography. Does Athens have a good football stadium? Sure, but the town and the rest of the school sucks, then you have well, Columbia. The only ACC-like team in the SEC is Kentucky.

The SEC doesn't even have soccer!!***

Nov 10, 2019, 9:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 6:03 PM

The only problem with that is the Big Bad SEC is scared of Little Ole Clemson......why do you think they are having their TV channels (talking primarily about ESPN which is much more powerful than the SEC network) full steam ahead spreading and succeeding with their false narrative to keep Clemson out of the playoffs......and it all their money can buy a lot of votes these days.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Nov 10, 2019, 6:41 PM

It's fun to think about but would mean a lot more if Clemson was in the East with UGA, Uof5C, TN and the rest. A couple hours to UGA and Uof5C and 4 hours to TN.

In the West they could add Oklahoma to even it out.

It will not happen but interesting. And if it did happen, it doesn't mean the University would compromise its requirements and Dabo would not change his standards for excellence on the field and off.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 6:45 PM

Media rhetoric is no reason to give up our prime local; through no intention of our own, it is just how things are-TFB

Nov 10, 2019, 6:45 PM

Media rhetoric is no reason to give up our prime local; through no intention of our own, it is just how things are-TFB

Nov 10, 2019, 7:03 PM

If Clemson joined the SEC, we’d have to all delete accounts, and start new handles. Years and years of “the sec is so over rated”, and “eSECpn” talk would instantly turn into conference supremacy talk and sEC chants on here. Would be sickening.

FWIW, you know I’m not wrong.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:38 PM

No thank you. We are charter members of the ACC and there we shall remain. I like our ACC rivalries, especially the old ones.

With expansion, it’s not quite as good as it used to be, in terms of fit.

Conference teams in a bordering states for Clemson:

ACC - 5
SEC - 1

Coots are a wash since we are going to play them regardless of conference affiliation.

Nov 10, 2019, 8:54 PM

For us to have close competitive games (right now at this point and time), every team would have to be on the level of Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. That's just not going to happen. Clemson is just on an elite level (right now at this point in time) on a level not seen too many times in college football history. We are not going to have consistently close games until we reach the playoffs.
Enjoy this time. It could end much quicker than it started. Just ask FSU.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Nov 10, 2019, 8:58 PM

Only someone who thinks the SEC is all that would have this take.

Forget that! Why? I seem to recall the SEC being hot garbage and current ACC teams Miami and FSU running things in the polls every year! With Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech jumping in there every so often(top 10). These things go in cycles and Nick Saban will not always be at Alabama! Remember he also helped LSU win one while he was coach; then they won one "with the players/coaches" he had brought in in 2007. Urban Meyer is gone. So is Steve Spurrier.

These things go in cycles and it won't be the conference ESPN covets forever! So. NO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7fCQlUhj0

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Usuc blackballed us when they expanded last time***

Nov 10, 2019, 9:01 PM

I don’t think we are a good fit for the SEC.

Nov 10, 2019, 9:19 PM

Yes we are a football school, but we don’t cheat and we care about academics. I want nothing to do with the SEC. I wouldn’t join even if they paid our ACC buyout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 10, 2019, 9:31 PM

I will never chant SEC SEE SEC SEE SEC SEE SEC SEE SEC SEE SEC!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But its not Big Boy football EVERY WEEKEND. Enough....

Nov 11, 2019, 12:01 PM

with the perpetuation that it is. If we were in the East, it would be no tougher than what we have now.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic