Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN's Mike and Mike on Bowers' arrest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN's Mike and Mike on Bowers' arrest

Feb 19, 2013, 11:01 AM

ESPN's Mike and Mike on Bowers' arrest

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN's Mike and Mike on Bowers' arrest

Feb 19, 2013, 11:10 AM

Now I know there are two stories there, but if he really did walk up to the counter and explained what happened on his own free will and they arrested him, then those laws are stupid. People who are trying to do the right thing are the ones that laws are trying to protect.
New York is creating so many stupid laws, who will want to go there soon?

Yep, I had to buy 4 16 oz Cokes to get a 64 oz drink.

Feb 19, 2013, 11:28 AM

What a mess

Re: Yep, I had to buy 4 16 oz Cokes to get a 64 oz drink.

Feb 19, 2013, 2:30 PM

If you'd ordered a diet drink, you could have gotten the 64 oz version. They may be legislating against stupidity, but think about it. Think about it.

If you're an average sized male, you can maintain your weight consuming about 2,000 calories a day. A 64 oz. coke classic has over 775 calories. The 16 oz. version of the same drink has less than 200. Obesity has a major impact on healthcare costs. Personally, I'd just like to put a tax on sugar filled drinks above a certain size rather than try to legislate behavior. I think that incentives work better than blind mandates.

Better yet...

Feb 19, 2013, 9:19 PM

Charge more (or less) insurance premium and deductibles and copays based on one's lifestyle choices. You are a fat #######, you pay more. You are in right weight range and can do well on a stress test, you pay less. You smoke, you pay more (they can discern smoking very easily,via hair strand).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B.Y.O.S.S.

Feb 26, 2013, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, I had to buy 4 16 oz Cokes to get a 64 oz drink. ]

Bring your own salt shaker. Yep thats right no salt shakers on tables at NYC restaurants. Thanks Mayor Bloomburg for looking out for my health because I'm to stupid to do so myself.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry, Too stupid.***

Feb 26, 2013, 6:13 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We really have to know the details here....

Feb 19, 2013, 11:13 AM

If he was searched and it was found - he is guilty of the charges. If he walked up to try and check the gun, this is ignorant. If it is the latter, I would expect nothing less in a place like NY!

Re: We really have to know the details here....

Feb 19, 2013, 11:15 AM

Right, if the authorities found it, then it is his fault for not knowing better. But if he did indeed disclose the information himself, on his own free will, then there should be nothing more than a fine or something like that. Who is going to openly admit they made a mistake now?

Re: We really have to know the details here....

Feb 19, 2013, 2:28 PM [ in reply to We really have to know the details here.... ]

How is it ignorant? The correct thing to do is to check the gun. It would be ignorant if he just tried to go through security with it expecting nothing to happen.

he's saying the situation is ignorant... Da'quan did the

Feb 19, 2013, 4:02 PM

right thing by alerting the airport of the firearm, and what does he get for his honesty? he gets thrown behind bars. shame on you NY!!

Feb 19, 2013, 11:42 AM

One thing the two commentators do not mention is the complexity of laws from one state to the other concerning concealed carry and handgun transportation laws. These laws are also constantly changing, which makes it very difficult for the gun owner to keep up with them. The only way to do so is every time you travel you have to look up the laws for every state you are traveling through. Bowers should have done this as soon as he realized he had the gun on him and before he went to the airport. Could have saved himself a lot of grief.

Feb 19, 2013, 1:36 PM

With all that have happen with guns lately and all the controvesity about our present gun law in the United
States, along with the politics from state to state, disagreeings and debatings over how to change, keep, or shuffle the present gun laws, we will need monthly updated from our cell phones, computers, i-pads, or a monthly course on each state gun laws just to state informed or in compliant with every state gun law if you travel alot.

Feb 19, 2013, 4:40 PM

I think you're right, but I can't figure out why someone would want to travel with guns. I'm a gun owner, but it has never entered my brain to take them with me on a trip, much less on a plane trip.

Exactly, if you are going to have a national radio

Feb 19, 2013, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: ESPN's Mike and Mike on Bowers' arrest ]

discussion about this, then at least do some research before you start flapping your gums.

There should be some Flapping Gum laws too.***

Feb 22, 2013, 7:24 PM

NY's gun laws have been this way a...

Feb 19, 2013, 2:37 PM

while. So for NY their laws aren't new and are accessible. The law maybe moronic, but any gun owner should know about NY's gun laws and inform themselves of the specifics. It's common knowledge that NY has tougher gun control laws.

Moral of the story... don't go to New York and don't tell the

Feb 19, 2013, 3:19 PM

caps you have a gun.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who da caps?***

Feb 19, 2013, 4:00 PM

Larry Keel Bobblehead Woo Hoo!

Feb 19, 2013, 8:02 PM

I would love to know which Mike is the Larry fan, or if both are or how they came about getting that bobblehead.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic