Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson, as advertised
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,066

Deshaun Watson, as advertised

Nov 4, 2013, 1:41 PM

So, I watched the young QB phenom in their (Gainesville) game against Loganville High School this past Friday night. All I can say is "wow". That young man is really, really good.

The game was nationally televised by ESPNU, and this was the first time that I got to see "Mister" Watson play.

His team crushed Loganville (GA) 63-0. The game was over early in the first half, really.

Gainesville was state champions last year, and besides their great QB, they have a great RB and a very good defense.

For his part, Deshaun Watson, threw for 168 yards and rushed for 77 yards with a total of five touchdowns, four passing and one rushing.

Granted, Watson's team has a great offensive line. He could sort of move around for as long as he wanted before passing, but he could run at will, too. On one play, a designed QB draw, he went straight up the middle on long TD run. I don't think he was touched on the play. When he runs, he sort of glides. It's a deceptive style because he's fast in a "natural" way. I understand now, better than ever, what all the fuss is about.

It was impressive to see how he kept his eyes down the field on passing plays, and the four TD's were assisted by the efforts of his targeted receivers. He has a strong arm, which overshadows his accuracy (IMO). Oh, if Chad Morris would stick around awhile to work with this talented athlete...it would be terrific to see the results. Remember Tajh's improvement after Coach Morris came on board? Ah, the possibilities...

It's natural for us Tiger fans to wonder about next year's QB battle between Cole Stoudt, Chad Kelly, and Deshaun Watson. However, I'm just happy to picture this as a "good" problem to have, ultimately.

As I mentioned before, Watson is surrounded by some very good players on his team. Gainesville has a very good RB with Michael Byrd (Jr) (138 rushing yards, 2 TDs). They also have good receivers in addition to their aforementioned tough, solid defense.

Sophomore DB Toddrick Turner had a 65 yard interception return for a touchdown which closed out the first half scoring.

The bottom line is that Deshaun Watson is a very special player. I'm delighted that he's chosen Clemson as his college destination.

Upon his arrival, we are going to have a very interesting QB competition next year.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at one point after 3 straight dropped passes that were right

Nov 4, 2013, 2:25 PM

on the mark, DW runs for a first down on 4th and 10......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He made it look easy...seems like they converted on 4th down

Nov 4, 2013, 3:25 PM

...and long more than once...if I remember, correctly.

It didn't matter where his team was, on the field, either.

Impressive stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Deshaun Watson is THE TRUTH***

Nov 4, 2013, 2:27 PM

The real deal, and I think his eyesight is pretty good, too.

Nov 4, 2013, 3:28 PM

Cough...cough...Criminoles...

His head looks so tiny in that helmet. The fros got 2 go lol***

Nov 4, 2013, 3:33 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic