Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you that watched the Mash Finale
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

For those of you that watched the Mash Finale

Nov 11, 2019, 9:48 PM

Best evar sitcom ending. Tears are still flowing. Better ending than Friends or Seinfeld.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odd timing on a random Tuesday in November 2019, however

Nov 12, 2019, 7:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously, he was watching Mash in celebration of Veterans D

Nov 12, 2019, 8:02 AM

Day. As is tradition.

I watched McHale's Navy instead.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: For those of you that watched the Mash Finale

Nov 12, 2019, 8:06 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP21b-AAXJk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP good TV***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I'd have that second to Mash.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: For those of you that watched the Mash Finale ]

The difference being that I've seen the last Cheers several times but didn't know it was the last Cheers until Netflix allowed me to watch the entire series. With M*A*S*H I knew what was up the first time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to toss in Johnny Carson for good measure

Nov 12, 2019, 8:21 AM

That man sure knew how to retire, and end a 30+ year career. He and Michael Jordan can write a book on how to retire when famous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still miss that show.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:23 AM

I can't think of a talk show host who was funnier and more compelling to watch than him. Letterman back when he was on NBC came close occasionally, but it was a "good night/bad night" thing....Carson was always on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carson wouldn't last a week on TV today

Nov 12, 2019, 8:27 AM

Mainly because he was funny. Sanford and Son, Jefferson, Good Times, Archie Bunker, so much better times when we were all racist heathens. To this day any episode of any of those shows will be funnier and more entertaining than any sitcom currently on TV.

Sad but true.....

Nov 12, 2019, 8:30 AM

There's no shortage of big name comics who've noted how political correctness is killing comedy. Jerry Seinfeld won't play colleges anymore and Chappelle has revived his career (that admittedly didn't need a ton of revival) by bucking the trend.

Other than musical guest, I kind of loath what

Nov 12, 2019, 8:32 AM [ in reply to I still miss that show. ]

all those shows have become. Colbert the most. Even when I agree with him. I blame the internet and our attention spans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep....errybody's angry except Fallon, and watching his show

Nov 12, 2019, 8:36 AM

for me is like watching a cat chase a laser pointer.

Everybody's forgotten that people loved these shows so much because they used to watch the evening news, and then follow up with talk shows so they could forget about the real world for 90 minutes.

I remember laughing watching movies like Demolition Man

Nov 12, 2019, 8:41 AM

and PCU. Now, notsomuch. It's more real today than the predictions from Back to the Future, that's for sure.

I introduced my son to Life of Brian the other night.....

Nov 12, 2019, 9:06 AM

he loved it, but I had forgotten a couple parts.

We were both in awe of the part where they're sitting in the stands at the Colosseum and one of the men is arguing that he wishes to be a woman and wants to be addressed as such and have the right to have a baby. It was good humor at the time and it's reality now.

Lol, reminds me of this FB meme

Nov 12, 2019, 2:22 PM

The series finale of Mad about You was tops.

Nov 12, 2019, 8:10 AM

Way better than Mash, Cheers, or any of those other garbage shows you mentioned.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

"Newhart" finale can never be topped.***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:12 AM

Yep

Nov 12, 2019, 5:38 PM

Classic Bob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdUWXf8jJk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok millennial.***

Nov 12, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to The series finale of Mad about You was tops. ]

Re: For those of you that watched the Mash Finale

Nov 12, 2019, 8:14 AM

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13qkm2

Always liked Miami Vice....

Nov 12, 2019, 9:02 AM

I watched every episode.

The Mash finale on Veteran's Day was special. Hawkeye talking about the women that smothered her baby to keep quiet when the enemy was close. Radar talking about the Korean War Vet that had fought in the trenches thanking him for the show. Major Winchester losing his North Korean musicians when the truck they were in was blown up. Music didn't hold the same meaning to him after that incident. The Father losing his hearing. Hawkeye driving the tank out of the camp. Max marrying Sung Lee.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic