Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's Tuesday Morning.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 889

It's Tuesday Morning.....

Nov 15, 2016, 10:07 AM

and Boulware just got flagged again for unnecessary roughness by the refs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's Tuesday Morning.....

Nov 15, 2016, 10:11 AM

Yeah they gave that one on reputation. He did nothing on that play for it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's Tuesday Morning.....

Nov 15, 2016, 10:12 AM

K'Von Wallace just got flagged for breathing on another Pitt WR.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uggg, that call

Nov 15, 2016, 10:23 AM

Then 2 minutes later Gallman is tackled 3 yards into the endzone after the whistle and no call.

Consistency. Honestly, just looking for consistency.

(BTW, NEITHER should have been called, they would both have been equally ridiculous)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst call I've ever seen in person.***

Nov 15, 2016, 10:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yep

Nov 15, 2016, 10:48 AM

As bad as the phantom hold was at GT, and as bad as the phantom hold on their WR was last week, at least both looked, in real time, like they could've been holds. The GT lineman fell down in a manner consistent with him being pulled down (he wasn't at all, but it could seem like that by a ref trying to watch the whole O line). The Pitt WR wasn't held (at all), but he got his own feet caught up in his cut and in real time I can see how a ref might think it looked like a hold (though he was FAR from in position to make the call, and the refs should've discussed and overturned it). But at least they both *appeared* in real time like they might've been penalties.

The Boulware one is purely a case of reputation, and it certainly appeared like the ref was trying to make a point and invented a cause to throw the flag. I've watch a crap-ton of football in my life and I've never seen a completed tackle like that flagged. I've seen violent late hits flagged in that situation. I've seen them called if the player picks up the runner and drives him violently into the ground, but Boulware simply took him to the ground like he's taught to.

That was a ref trying to make a point, and that has no place in football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep

Nov 15, 2016, 10:53 AM

The fact of the matter is that we do not get the benefit of the doubt with Heydt that we get with other crews which leads to a changed football game. He shouldn't be allowed to officiate another Clemson game. I'm sure the school has filed a complaint with the ACC. We will see how Swofford reacts. If we get this crew again its official that the ACC hates us more than we thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 889
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic