Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I believe I was wrong about night games being advantageous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,787

I believe I was wrong about night games being advantageous

Oct 24, 2013, 10:33 PM

Always thought night games helped us --- Will never feel that way again. Don't care if we ever play at night again. Besides, they are now way past my bedtime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe I was wrong about night games being advantageous

Oct 24, 2013, 10:36 PM

I disagree. I feel like the atmosphere in those big games under the lights are unbelievable. Say what you want about it throwing off the rhythm or whatever else but I love the night games. I would never blame an 8:00 pm kickoff for why we lost last week. We got flat out beat by the better team that night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2013, 10:49 PM

Night games bring a certain energy to the game and players that the just isnt there at 12:30 or 3:30. In night games the whole day has been leading up to it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many drunks at night games.***

Oct 24, 2013, 10:54 PM

Oct 24, 2013, 10:36 PM

There are pros and cons.

As much as I hate nooners it probably helps the home team since the away team travels and they don't get all day to sit around and get adjusted like in a night game.

Then again the atmosphere at a night game in DV is much better than a noon game. The start of the game this past weekend was one of the most electric I've ever felt for about 10 minutes. The rest is history.

I like 3:30 games...

Oct 24, 2013, 10:47 PM

not real early, but not too late. Getting home from a night game is a nightmare, even for those of us that live in Clemson.

Re: I like 3:30 games...

Oct 24, 2013, 10:54 PM

I agree about the traffic for night games. But a lot of that has to do with the quality level of the opponent.

When the game is out of hand (normally a 12, 1230, 330 game) people leave early and it's not too late to stay at the tailgate and catch the start of some other games.

However, night games the game is usually closer so people will stay til the end and then it's the kind of pack up and go situation for everyone.

I will say though, the BC game since it was close was a nightmare getting home and I live 10 minutes from campus.

I work across the street from Riggs on football Saturdays...

Oct 24, 2013, 11:17 PM

and having to turn people trying to buy beer away at midnight is a nightmare.

I liked the 1:00 PM home games

Oct 24, 2013, 10:55 PM

Tailgate an early lunch and home in time for supper to rehash every play of the game. Then read Dan Foster in the Greenville News the next day to have what we saw explained in clear, coherent language; and then ultimately the coach's show. Not all change has been progress.

Yep...

Oct 24, 2013, 11:32 PM

I also remember the days that night games weren't even an option because there were no lights. I came to many 1:00 games in the 1970s. At that time, we parked either in front of Fike or on Jervey Meadows. How times have changed. I think my dad was a $30 a year IPTAY member in those days.

I agree....the players have all day to get overly psyched

Oct 24, 2013, 11:26 PM

Noon or 3:30 is best for players...
And many fans.

It was just one game man***

Oct 24, 2013, 11:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, but the Georgia game was awful almost everyone

Oct 25, 2013, 2:31 AM

I literally jogged to my car & split before everyone else did, but I stayed for the fans running onto the field. However, my brother who lives about 30 minutes away from campus didn't get home til almost five in the morning. They were stuck in lot 13 (I believe) for 2 1/2 hours.

Wow that's nuts! I stayed for some of the celebration after

Oct 25, 2013, 2:43 AM

the UGA game and was back in Greenville a little after 1am. Had no trouble whatsoever. Didn't realize some people actually encountered traffic problems. I had thought the cops actually figured out how to get the problem under control. Silly me lol.

The key is....

Oct 25, 2013, 8:40 AM

which direction you're allowed to turn as you exist the parking lots.

If they funnel you around Perimeter Road back toward East Campus, the traffic is horrible because so many other Lots filter out into the same area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 25, 2013, 6:17 AM

Tommy Bowden loved noon games.
Would not have mattered.
FSU would have sent us packing on the noon stage out of Dodge.
We would have been executed at noon instead of early morning.
One o'clock,three o'clock,would not have mattered either.
So now you can rest easy knowing that no matter the time,the outcome would have been the same.

NOW I BELIEVE I WAS WRONG ABOUT BEING WRONG***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:01 AM

Oct 25, 2013, 8:42 AM

I had the same feeling man. After sat. I hope they're all 3:30 the rest of the way (except GT of course)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But there is some good logic above to give it 1 more chance***

Oct 25, 2013, 8:45 AM

Oct 25, 2013, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe I was wrong about night games being advantageous ]

Look at what other successful teams do. Alabama and the other top SEC teams do not play at night. They typically play at 3:30 and I think there's a reason. I believe if playing at night was truly an advantage then a program like Alabama where Saban controls everything would play every game at night. Same goes with Oregon. A&M and LSU played at night this week and both also lost. Same goes with Thursday night games, why does Alabama not play on Thursday night? It's a terrible disadvantage. Dabo needs to say he wants to play at 3:30, avoid Thursday night games as much as he can, and try to get off weeks or FCS teams before big games, like FSU and SC.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,787
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic