Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fox New's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Fox New's

Apr 17, 2014, 3:34 PM

had a segment about Dabo and Clemson regarding
the complaint's from the atheist group.This was
on Gretchen Carlson's show, 2pm to 3pm...the
group spokes person want's Dabo fired and Trapp
removed as Chaplain...They say Clemson is a public
University and what they want will happen.A person
from that group will be on Gretchen's show Friday.
I pray that Clemson,our Gov.and the State will stand
behind Dabo...The statement said,that complaint was
from the community.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox New's

Apr 17, 2014, 3:38 PM

i got an idea that dabo will be just fine. really cant believe anyone is actually worried about this. pretty much exact same thing happened when tommy was here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And happened with Samaritan's Purse.

Apr 17, 2014, 3:39 PM

The FFRF group got sent packing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Did not know that. Samaritan's Purse does more good in

Apr 17, 2014, 7:36 PM

this world for the poor and needy than most organizations do in their lifetime.

My bad ... it was the American Humanist Association

Apr 17, 2014, 9:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46a1ORJ5elc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Thanks for the update I had to go back to work

Apr 17, 2014, 3:40 PM

This is getting ridiculous...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No One is Getting Fired

Apr 17, 2014, 3:59 PM

They're just a bunch of blowhards trying to raise money and get someone to pay their "attorney's fees". The only thing they have any grounds for a complaint is the baptism at practice thing, which was a one time thing that I'm not sure Swinney actually had any part in. Even so, just don't do that anymore. They would only have standing for a law suit if a player from the team or staff could show Swinney, or the administration, were acting in a way that caused them harm. It can't just be someone "from the community", and they would have to publicly show who the person is if they take it to court. There are athletic team Chaplins at pretty much every school in the country, also Fire Department Chaplins, Police Chaplins, Hospital Chaplins, etc., all publicly funded operations. If Trapp goes, all of them go too.

Nuk WANTED to be baptized after practice so that any

Apr 17, 2014, 7:40 PM

players that wanted to attend could be there. If we lose the right to make a personal choice that hurts NOONE then we might as well move to a communist country.

Re: Nuk WANTED to be baptized after practice so that any

Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM

with obama we are close to that now!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What they want and what they get will be totally different.

Apr 17, 2014, 4:00 PM

The wrath of God will rain down on them ... maybe not now. But, it will.

A few bad seasons might get Dabo canned...

Apr 17, 2014, 4:03 PM

...but this sure as #### won't.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, the wrath of the Tiger will rain down.

Apr 17, 2014, 4:04 PM

:)

It's always nice to have the threat of God eventually

Apr 17, 2014, 4:15 PM [ in reply to What they want and what they get will be totally different. ]

torturing those who oppose you in your back pocket. Talk about the ultimate payback for someone arguing with you. Omnipotent torture 4ever!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not my judgment; it's God's. He has made it clear.

Apr 17, 2014, 4:16 PM

YOU make the choice. Don't blame the messenger.

God's messenger huh? Sounds onerous.

Apr 17, 2014, 4:20 PM

What hoops did you have to jump through to be one of the lucky who can represent God's Will on Earth? Must have been tricky... with all the different claims out there on what God really says.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and the One True God.

Apr 17, 2014, 4:27 PM

You can make your own choice. I have made mine. But, you need to choose wisely.

And, apparently you don't comprehend the old metaphor, "Don't shoot the messenger." or "Don't blame the messenger."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_the_messenger

HTH this helps

Re: I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and the One True God.

Apr 17, 2014, 6:04 PM

My response was tongue in cheek. I am as familiar with the phrase as I am with all the different religious claiming a one true God.

And don't forget the context in which you made your "choice." I'm willing to bet the choice had something to do with family and the community you were raised in. Just a hunch. Had you been born in another part of the world, you would be just as smug and confident about a totally different choice.

Wow, you're getting into interesting territory here.

Apr 17, 2014, 7:02 PM

Wanna know what the Bible says about this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, you're getting into interesting territory here.

Apr 17, 2014, 7:07 PM

You assume I don't already. It used to suffice, when I wanted it to.

And considering the people who wrote the Bible never heard of most of the world's population, and were not magically injected with info about them by the God they claimed to speak for.... I'm not sure their perspective has much to offer us on the matter.

This is the best they could come up with....

"The truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts. From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God"

This is completely ridiculous. Is this really an explanation for why Christianity has ONLY traveled through human contact... usually economic in nature? It's a dumb explanation that requires a willing idiot. I was one of those willing idiots. It's not God that's wrong... it's people making suckers out of other people.

Here's one I used to have to bend over backwards to spin.

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

Only one chance to get it right.***

Apr 17, 2014, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and the One True God. ]

That's what the wimmin folk tell bob on date night.***

Apr 17, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to What they want and what they get will be totally different. ]

null

this is much ado about nothing***

Apr 17, 2014, 4:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everybody knows where the complaint came from

Apr 17, 2014, 4:16 PM

The complaint came from Satan Saban. Just like with the opposition to the fast break offense Saban tries again to eliminate another school's advantages.

Again, why don't they get this guy fired first

Apr 17, 2014, 4:18 PM

If in fact they claim what they're claiming...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15267949

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats the second time........

Apr 17, 2014, 4:29 PM

.....that I have heard the complaint came from the community area. First time I heard this was on WYFF4 complaint came from the community. My my the idiots that live beside us.

Go Tigers...........

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Influx of foreigners ...

Apr 17, 2014, 4:30 PM

and, by foreigners, I meant "yankees"

;)

What's Mr. Community's home address and phone number?

Apr 17, 2014, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Thats the second time........ ]

Nothing but smoke. They've got nothing but what they've seen on twitter. They said they don't want to go to court, which they'd never say if they had any real standing.

it's the professors...not hard to figger out***

Apr 17, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Thats the second time........ ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

See the Movie God is (NOT) Dead - a lot of U's are going

Apr 17, 2014, 4:57 PM

through this although our football program may be first?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox New's

Apr 17, 2014, 5:12 PM

Fox New's... better than most MSM.. but still. ew. This country needs two media outlets. drudgereport and lewrockwell ;)

Great, Fox News giving headline chasers a microphone...

Apr 17, 2014, 5:35 PM

wait Fox News does that everyday.

Pssst! FOX is not really a News Network***

Apr 17, 2014, 5:59 PM

There are NO real news networks anymore. It is all bias and

Apr 17, 2014, 6:50 PM

opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't agree more***

Apr 17, 2014, 8:21 PM

Re: Pssst! FOX is not really a News Network***

Apr 17, 2014, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Pssst! FOX is not really a News Network*** ]

Well, Fox was the first network to report and try to get to the bottom of the irs target scandal. The first to report that benghazi was a planned terrorist attach, and the only one really covering fast and furious.

They weren't sweeping it aside hoping the truth doesn't come out.

And well, Save the Tiger, ironically they are and always

Apr 17, 2014, 8:08 PM

will be the last network to do all that groundbreaking investigating when it comes to GOP Presidential issues. I don't think you will find a Fox clip from 2000 to 2008 questioning much of anything Bush ever did. It is sad the Faux News folks just can't seem to see through this veil of BS and just admit it is a right wing network for right wing folks feeding ideas they know right wingers love to harp on. I get amazed at Fox viewers that have no idea what I'm talking about when I say that. "Wuuuuuut? They are telling the truth on Fox!", like it is some Gospel they just heard.

no fear..all of the other..

Apr 17, 2014, 8:12 PM

news media will do that for them..all the while they ignore what the dems do.

Yeah, yeah, yeah........... Fox News is here to restore the

Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM

balance, lol, of all the "misinformation" out there. Thank god for them. Thank god.

Re: Yeah, yeah, yeah........... Fox News is here to restore the

Apr 18, 2014, 9:34 AM

I watch them both.... and fox will present both sides more often than other networks.
Fox ratings are higher too.

Boy you are bitter about everything good in the world.***

Apr 17, 2014, 10:08 PM [ in reply to And well, Save the Tiger, ironically they are and always ]

Fox News is considered something "good in the world"

Apr 17, 2014, 10:10 PM

Man, we definitely have differing opinions.

Thankfully you are correct!!***

Apr 17, 2014, 10:13 PM

Re: And well, Save the Tiger, ironically they are and always

Apr 18, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to And well, Save the Tiger, ironically they are and always ]

They leave that bs for cnn, abc, nbc and of course the left nut hugging msnbc.

They left is still hiding the truth for their beloved administration. They will never report the truth about Benghazie, the irs targeting conservative groups, and are still shying away from any truth about fast and furious.

Go ahead and flame away, as you state that FOX news has a conservative lean, as they do ( thank goodness for that ). Don't forget to state how left hugging main stream news outlets were still blaming an obscure video for the murders at Benghazi instead of terrorists attacks. They were still reporting that bs two weeks after the fact . And how they are taking a cowardly approach to say anything negative about obama for fear of being called racist. They wasted little time covering Clinton and Lewinsky story.

Mainstream still limits their coverage on the IRS scandal and Lois Lerner...
If it doesn't benefit the liberal point of view they shy away more now than ever before.

Thank goodness for a few networks/outlets with a right slant!

Though we're all a bunch of heathens...

Apr 17, 2014, 6:02 PM

the Governor wouldn't survive if she caved. This one goes to the Supreme Court. The State courts should be a real blast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup our Roads and Bridges are Crumbling..Lets spend

Apr 17, 2014, 6:54 PM

more money on Lawyers--not!

When those jerks show up, lets show up strong and support

Apr 17, 2014, 6:59 PM

Dabo.

All In

Is that where they kicked Gretchen to?

Apr 17, 2014, 8:02 PM

Man, did I enjoy the trainwreck of douchiness that was that Fox and Friends morning show.....the Kilmeade dude, good lord...and the Steve Douchey guy.

Re: Is that where they kicked Gretchen to?

Apr 18, 2014, 1:16 PM

Fox News remains #1.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/fox-news-remains-ratings-dynamo-as-2013-comes-to-close-1200964903/

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic