Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-BC

Oct 16, 2015, 5:16 PM

Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-BC

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope this is their ONE pink game. no need ot wear it for a

Oct 16, 2015, 5:19 PM

full month like the pros do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Notice in the old video how the pants stripes used to match

Oct 16, 2015, 5:20 PM

our helmets. Now the stripes are just orange. I miss that - thought it looked better to match the helmets and I liked the touch of purple on the pants.

Amen

Oct 16, 2015, 5:25 PM

The white pants need a purple stripe in the middle. The current ones look like they are missing something. I'd like to see more purple trim on jerseys as well around collar and sleeves. Clemson colors are not, and never have been orange and white.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen

Oct 16, 2015, 5:44 PM

?? Orange and white are both official school colors (or shall I say, Clemson Orange, Fort Hill White, and Regalia Purple).

http://www.clemson.edu/administration/public-affairs/toolbox/standards/colors.html

I'm talking about just orange and white ONLY

Oct 16, 2015, 5:56 PM

In my view, and I ain't no young Tiger fan, the best unis we have ever worn were the early 2000's unis when we finally got rid of the navy blue we had worn for years and we put purple trim on the whole uni. The orange tops and white pants never looked better to me. The white on white roads looked great too. The current pants are bland as far as I am concerned. Why some fans do not celebrate the uniqueness of Tiger orange and purple, the ONLY school with that combo, is baffling to me. I guess we should want to be orange and navy like a million other schools, or just orange and white instead of celebrating yet another unique thing that only Clemson has in the color combo.

Re: I'm talking about just orange and white ONLY

Oct 16, 2015, 6:21 PM

Agree

Orange stripe only is reflection of our championship year,

Oct 17, 2015, 1:29 AM

seems obvious to me that the dual orange stripes on white pant is because that's what the uni was for our football renaissance of the late 70's that led to the 81 championship. I think the blue or purple stripe was added while Ford was still coaching but the 2 tone stripe reminds me too much of a T. West team and a sluggish decade of the 90's.
I think the current pants design is right on target.

Re: I'm talking about just orange and white ONLY

Oct 16, 2015, 8:18 PM [ in reply to I'm talking about just orange and white ONLY ]

Although they don't have football, Evansville recently switched to orange and purple. So CU is not the only NCAA program with the orange and purple anymore. Imitation is the sincerest....

burnt orange and northwest purple***

Oct 16, 2015, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Amen ]

I hate that pink ####.***

Oct 16, 2015, 5:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I hate that pink ####.***

Oct 16, 2015, 5:26 PM

Great, classy comments to those whining about the pink stuff for breast cancer awareness ... mercy, get over it.

Oct 16, 2015, 5:36 PM

I don't like it either. I believe it started with the best of intentions, but it has become nothing but a fashion show. That will not cure the horrible disease.

Oct 16, 2015, 5:46 PM

Your absolutely right. I'm all for breast cancer awareness, but the last 2 times we have worn pink stuff was when FSU came in and beat us 52-14 and last year when we barely escaped Louisville with a last second stop. We also lost dw4 that game to a freak injury. I'm not looking toward to wearing pink this year for those reasons.

Breast cancer awareness has turned into a business

Oct 16, 2015, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

A profitable one at that. There have been numerous cases where funds raised were used in a manner more suited for a for-profit organization.

I'm all for the cause, but what this has turned into sickens me a bit.

There is such a thing as breast cancer?? I was unaware of that. Thanks!

Oct 16, 2015, 7:31 PM

Good thing they are getting this message out. Next you'll tell me there's some affliction called heart disease or diabetes that I'm unaware of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Breast cancer awareness has turned into a business

Oct 17, 2015, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Breast cancer awareness has turned into a business ]

Squishy I couldn't agree more with you on the business aspect. I have a daughter who has a serious syndrome that we will have to care for her the rest of her life and we don't get any kind of awareness like that and there are others out there that suffer from other ailments but it seems that this pink capatializes and alienates funding that could be shared

Oct 16, 2015, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

Really. Don't you realize that if reminds just a few people each day to give a dollar or what ever they can then it's worth the pink. Every dollar counts. Cancer is way bigger than a football game and if wearing pink reminds us to give. I say wear it all month.

Spending $100 on pink football merch means less money to

Oct 16, 2015, 8:35 PM

actual research than spending $20 dollars directly on a hospital.

The pink is all about marketing football to women. That's why it's the ONLY disease that significantly changes the color of football uniforms.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2015, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

If that's the case, then why stop at a month? Why not all season? And if everyone wore pink all of the time...........just think.

Oct 17, 2015, 6:55 AM

Pink has no outcome on wins or losses...NFL n college are gone do whatever that generates attention. I could care less if they wear them or not. If it affects how my Tigers play then yes, take the pink off...this is really a none issue.

Oct 16, 2015, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

If yourbgonna support one cause you have to support others but they don't where is the billion dollars to help my daughter who has a lef long disability, angelman syndrome. Trust me it's not good.

it raises no awareness, but it does sell clothes!***

Oct 16, 2015, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's part of the problem these days

Oct 16, 2015, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

People actually think do-gooderism and "awareness" actually cures disease.

Well....it doesn't. Hate to break the bad news.

My sister is a breast cancer survivor and it's a pure modern medical miracle that I still have her around. It's due to a lot of smart people doing endless research and testing that allowed this to happen. We live in really blessed times because of these efforts.

Not one pair of pink socks or shoes did ANYTHING to affect this outcome.

The sooner the pink fad fades the better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone is missing the point of the pink...

Oct 16, 2015, 8:38 PM

We all know that wearing pink does not cure cancer.

the pink is a reminder for people (yes men get breast cancer, too) to have mammograms and to have dr appts regularly and to remind people to do self check ups. Anyone knows that with early detection the chances of survival are much higher.

It's due to a lot of smart people doing endless research and testing that allowed this to happen.

Do you really think that all that research was done for free? A lot on money is raised during cancer awareness month and a lot of that money goes to research that possibly saved your sister's life.

I am glad your sister is a survivor...thanks to money donated for research...and I bet she had early detection, too.

Please explain how pink uniforms remind people to

Oct 16, 2015, 9:13 PM

have screenings that other methods could not.

If uniforms colors save lives then we are all demons for not utilizing every inch of space for all types of diseases.

Re: Please explain how pink uniforms remind people to

Oct 16, 2015, 10:34 PM

Just like it says....it is awareness month. Until about 20 yrs ago, breast cancer was the least recognized cancer. Men watch sports. Men know what the pink is for. Men will insist their wives, moms, aunts, grandma, girlfriends or any other female in their life that they need to do self checks or go for the mammograms. I know you will say that the woman..or man (they can get breast cancer, too) should have enough sense to do this on their own...but we all know that sometimes nagging works.

Wearing the pink in the NFL was and still is one of the best awareness programs there is for cancer. When people see big, burly manly men not be embarrassed to wear pink for a good reason, it gets the point across. The NFL pink items that they sell have provided millions of women with mammograms. This is a blessing for people that would not normally get the screenings.

Breast cancer was the least recognized form of cancer until 1989. That is when it was recommended that women do self exams and get mammograms every year (for younger women, it it less that every year) Before 1989, most breast cancer would not be discovered until the late stages.

Death rates from breast cancer have been declining since about 1989, with larger decreases in women younger than 50. These decreases are believed to be the result of earlier detection through screening and increased awareness, as well as improved treatment.

Until about 20-30 yrs ago, women's health was on the back burner. Women were largely excluded from being subjects in medical research and data was not analyzed for sex and gender differences. Many studies on the safety and effectiveness of medications did not include women.

AWARENESS.....that is what the pink is for.

Death rates are declining in hundreds of areas that

Oct 17, 2015, 12:00 AM

don't involve football uniforms. There is no link between better cancer treatment and awareness brought about by football uniforms.

Re: Death rates are declining in hundreds of areas that

Oct 17, 2015, 3:09 AM

You sound quite idiotic. Smh.

Re: Please explain how pink uniforms remind people to

Oct 17, 2015, 3:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Please explain how pink uniforms remind people to ]

Thank you posting a sensible and rational response to counter the ignorance and misinformation that is on display on this thread.

Amen

Oct 16, 2015, 9:25 PM [ in reply to That's part of the problem these days ]

My father has been saying this for years. Couldnt agree more

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's part of the problem these days

Oct 17, 2015, 3:07 AM [ in reply to That's part of the problem these days ]

And your clueless #### must think that all that research and "modern medical miracles" doesn't come with a sticker price. Smh.

My guess is it would do more good to

Oct 17, 2015, 5:31 AM

spend the money on research instead of spending the money on clothes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pink uniforms help nobody

Oct 16, 2015, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

now what does help people is what DeAngelo Williams is doing. Paying for 53 mammograms (in honor of his mom who passed away at 53 from breast cancer).

OH I see

Oct 16, 2015, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate that pink ####.*** ]

if someone dares recognize the stupidity of wearing pink accoutrements on a football uniform, that's somehow "unclassy." What, does it mean we are pro-breast cancer? Everyone has to fall in line to this ridiculous extent - wearing pink on football uniforms, and if they don't, they're castigated for being unclassy. I get it, and it's HIM that needs to get over it?

Maybe we should get over all the PC garbage and just wear normal uniforms while raising awareness in other ways. The whole stupid charade with uniforms is nothing but a form of mass self-congratulatory back-patting anyway.

And I've had breast cancer twice in my family, so it's not about any insensitivity there.

I had two parents with that bastage cancer. So wear.........

Oct 16, 2015, 5:40 PM [ in reply to I hate that pink ####.*** ]

the pink! I might even buy a pink polo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think wearing pink one game to show support for breast

Oct 16, 2015, 5:44 PM

cancer is fine but that is enough.

Being against football players wearing pink does not mena you're pro-cancer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

That's the fallacy..

Oct 16, 2015, 6:45 PM

...who in the world DOESN'T support the fight against cancer of any kind??

We are all aware already. The pink does nothing but irritate the eyeballs and offend our basic common sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lighten up, dood. It's for a good cause.

Oct 16, 2015, 6:21 PM [ in reply to I hate that pink ####.*** ]

We have to so our part to stop the breast reduction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah right . . .

Oct 16, 2015, 8:11 PM

IT's not for a good cause, it's so that those who do it won't have to be subject to accusations of boorishness or insensitivity if they don't do it. It accomplishes nothing. The fact that we've succumbed to the idea of wearing pink in football uniforms - quite aside from anything related to breast cancer research support, is more of a sign of how afraid of the feminists we've all become.

Such utter BS.

Similar phenomenon

Oct 16, 2015, 9:14 PM

that thankfully did fade away: The Ice Bucket Challenge.

Turned into nothing but an opportunity for people to be seen on YouTube and call out their friends to dump ice over their head. 99% of the people who participated still have no clue what cause they were actually supposed to be helping.

FB teams should ALSO wear BLUE for Prostate Cancer

Oct 16, 2015, 6:31 PM [ in reply to I hate that pink ####.*** ]

I fully support breast cancer research.

BUT I'm guessing more football players will get prostate cancer than breast cancer.

we've kind of dropped the ball on prostate cancer awareness.

I'm betting NONE of you knew that September was National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. That proves my point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support brown for colon cancer the 2nd deadliest

Oct 16, 2015, 6:34 PM

behind lung cancer and one of the easiest to prevent with routine colonoscopies.

and what color is the prostate cancer awareness ribbon??***

Oct 16, 2015, 7:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Light blue-but it never took off. Men already liked football***

Oct 16, 2015, 9:02 PM

Yeah, they should wear a blue patch right in the

Oct 16, 2015, 8:12 PM [ in reply to FB teams should ALSO wear BLUE for Prostate Cancer ]

prostate area of the pants!! LOL!

But seriously you make a good point. There are actually hundreds if not thousands of "awareness months." It's really a joke.

I for one love PINK but not when it comes

Oct 16, 2015, 6:31 PM

to football uniforms.

Why even update us with this

Oct 16, 2015, 7:06 PM

It's been the same uniform 95% of the time.

Sav it for when they actually change something up

This pink crap is so old.

Oct 16, 2015, 8:32 PM

The only disease that changes uniforms to look like crap. And it's all being driven by a disgusting corporation who spends more on marketing and lawsuits than actual research.

Slacktivism is another disease.

Re: FB Update: Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-BC

Oct 17, 2015, 5:32 AM

So many of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Saying that wearing pink doesn't help the cause is just ignorant. Even if just a handful of people watching the game become more aware and decide to donate x amount of dollars, then it's worth it. How do you think medical science can do a lot of the research and trials to help these patients? It's because of the people who are willing to give even the slightest amount of money, which over time has added up tremendously. Great job Clemson University for helping! To those of you against this, you're pathetic! #GoTigers

Interesting to note.....

Oct 17, 2015, 5:40 PM

To the many DB pink-haters, how much do I have to bet have not been touched in their families with this awful disease.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic